AMERICAN IDOL

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Who's watching this season?Simon is fuckin' so far..."You know what? you remind me of a wasp... What [Paula] is saying is that you'd make a good rat.""My advice to you is to shave off the beard and wear a dress, cause you'd make a great female impersonator."

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    And Iiii shot the SHeriffafaf
    But I did not shoot the deputeee...

• Blake: HEY GUYS! I'M BLAKE FROM NEW YORK! Staaaaaarrt spreadin' th...
    Simon: Thank you.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

ONE MORE TIME!

CAN I GET A REFRAIN?

ONE MORE TIME!

that shit had us rollin'!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    That last dude was their version of Jandek!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    damn i missed it.

best part of the series. only part i watch.

• Simon calling that kid a wasp was priceless.then calling him a rat.ruthless....

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Simon calling that kid a wasp was priceless.then calling him a rat.ruthless....

yeah man, dude is hella mean today. More so than normal.

I say this every year but the sheer level of delusion that people (and their friends/family) possess is

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I say this every year but the sheer level of delusion that people (and their friends/family) possess is

i havent seen the most recent ep, but seriously. some of these folke must be so closed off from the rest of the civilized world.

like really.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    These first couple episodes is THEEEE only reason to watch this show. So much good times laughing. Then when it gets down to the actual competition I completely loose interest. I don't know if it's gotten better, but as far as I remember, the 1st 2 seasons it seemed like their parents or the show were picking the songs these people sang. I mean how many people sang "Over The Rainbow"??!?!?! Fuckin Wizard of Oz is that hot???

These first couple episodes is THEEEE only reason to watch this show. So much good times laughing. Then when it gets down to the actual competition I completely lose interest.

Real talk.

The actual competition becomes far, far, far less interesting once they get to the final 12 or whatever.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    That crazy Dave guy was C-O-M-E-D-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That foll said animals started talking to him when he was 16 years old. LOL! He was walking down the street jumping around and yelling with no shoes on and then he sang an original song. Paula and Randy were laughing so hard they put dude through to the next round. He was the best part of the show.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    as harsh as simon can get... i agree with him most of the time. paula abdul is such a pushover and im glad randy stopped with those fucking stupid hand gestures... fucking retarded.

the two brothers and two sisters were cool. i like that dude on the right in the black jacket better than his brother. that frank sinatra kid was cool but like that red headed freak he may make a few rounds but unless he can become pop and change up his singing style he'll never make it.

and i agree, the first few episodes are cool... i have friends who think they can sing but ive never told any of them that they could... im quick to say that they cant though and usually become shocked at my reply. im just not going to sit here and bullshit. if youre mediocre at singing... then you cant sing and need lessons. period... stop lying to your friends and tell them whats really. if they get mad and dont like it... fuck them.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    the i shot the sheriff guy was so funny

i really don't understand how people can sing way off key and not hear that they sound bad. i mean when i get my karaoke on and my voice cracks or some shit like that, i am totally aware that i fucked up and it sounds awful. but do these people still think they sound good when they see themselves on video or hear themselves recorded? i wonder...

i guess there is a similiar phenomenon with rhythm as i have met producer hobbyists whose beats sounded good, but they had absolutely no rhythm when it came to dancing. it is like the beat they were dancing was to the random beat of shoes in a dryer.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    That crazy dude was horrible, but somehow channeled all the might of the animals of the murk and mire and deep forest, and made it through. awesome

i know record collectors who had awesome music taste

but they had absolutely no rhythm when it came to dancing. it is like the beat they were dancing was to the random beat of shoes in a dryer.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    the i shot the sheriff guy was so funny

That shit was funny!!!!!!!!! I was wondering how long he was gonna go on with that one line. Why couldn't he just once complete with "But I didn't..." Comedy!

The twin brothers were pretty good and I agree, dude on the right was better.

And what was up with that one family? Gramma getting all pissed. Her boy/girl sucked large. I thought they might be alright when I heard the mom say she cries when they sing that song. It was complete poodoo.

One last thing...

I... I.. SHOT THE SHERIFF... I...

• i have friends who think they can sing but ive never told any of them that they could... im quick to say that they cant though and usually become shocked at my reply. im just not going to sit here and bullshit. if youre mediocre at singing... then you cant sing and need lessons. period... stop lying to your friends and tell them whats really. if they get mad and dont like it... fuck them.

i thought you sang great during ding dong dangoke

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    That crazy Dave guy was C-O-M-E-D-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He reminded me so much of Tripledouble...

i have friends who think they can sing but ive never told any of them that they could... im quick to say that they cant though and usually become shocked at my reply. im just not going to sit here and bullshit. if youre mediocre at singing... then you cant sing and need lessons. period... stop lying to your friends and tell them whats really. if they get mad and dont like it... fuck them.

hahaha... well, thank you. you and your pal were quite nice as well. i was trying to impress the little girl across from me though. told shigger that ill holler at both of you next time i make it down there.

• i have friends who think they can sing but ive never told any of them that they could... im quick to say that they cant though and usually become shocked at my reply. im just not going to sit here and bullshit. if youre mediocre at singing... then you cant sing and need lessons. period... stop lying to your friends and tell them whats really. if they get mad and dont like it... fuck them.

hahaha... well, thank you. you and your pal were quite nice as well. i was trying to impress the little girl across from me though. told shigger that ill holler at both of you next time i make it down there.

nice, will be a good time for sure.

• why do so many people on that show hold their hand up to their ear when they sing?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    why do so many people on that show hold their hand up to their ear when they sing?

So they can ack like they doin' somthin' that they really not.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That crazy Dave guy was C-O-M-E-D-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He reminded me so much of Tripledouble...

No he didn't! Tony from the Philahobo days.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

me and my roomates were on the floor.

the expressions on the judge's faces are priceless.

what was up with fucked up sun tan christina aguilera wannabe and her whore mom? that shit was scary.

what was up with fucked up sun tan christina aguilera wannabe and her whore mom? that shit was scary.

For real. She looked like the sister of one of those Jersey boys.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

For real. She looked like the sister of one of those Jersey boys.

I think the judges asked to see her Mom just to see what kind of skank raised this delusional girl. You could tell all the judges had to hold back the laughter and "see, I told ya so"'s.

Pure trailer comedy.

• why do so many people on that show hold their hand up to their ear when they sing?

for most people, this and annoying vocal "warm-ups" (which are clearly a joke that vocal coaches refuse to let the world in on) are all that comes out of singing lessons, and they still suck balls.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

me and my roomates were on the floor.

the expressions on the judge's faces are priceless.

I missed the show yesterday and am really curious 'bout this Sheriff dood. Can someone plaese provide a link to video clip? I couldn't find one on the official site.

SG

• for most people, this and annoying vocal "warm-ups" (which are clearly a joke that vocal coaches refuse to let the world in on) are all that comes out of singing lessons, and they still suck balls

but what is it even supposed to do or signify?... is it supposed to be like they are used to having headphones on when they sing (like any of them have ever been in a studio)?

i have never seen anybody who was actually a good singer do that