American Metaphysical Circus?

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
hey guys is joe byrd's other album worth checking for or was united states some lightning in a jar type shit?thanks

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's good - definitely worth having, but nowhere near as good as USA

• It's good - definitely worth having, but nowhere near as good as USA

• That shit gave me a really bad feeling when I was tripping. I don't even remember why, but my friend and I were both highly offput by it.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    fields hippies is good. Cloudier and scruffier than USA.

what about Yankee Transcendoodle? ive seen it once for $$$. never heard it

• That was more like the face I made for the good records. This cover was making me laugh uncontrollably for some reason:

I think the dude with the psychopath look on the upper left is the best, but the gentleman on the lower right is pretty good too.

what about Yankee Transcendoodle?

is that the one on Takoma?

That was more like the face I made for the good records. This cover was making me laugh uncontrollably for some reason:

I think the dude with the psychopath look on the upper left is the best, but the gentleman on the lower right is pretty good too.

wow! they look like they should be on that wig website!

• Its strange, for some sullen looking guys the album is pretty goddamn cheery in most places. At least I remember it as such, its my friend's and I haven't heard it in a few months.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    lothar sound really angry to me. like they are going to kill fools after the set. the pictures i think capture that frame of mind

• Field Hippies would get more respect and acclaim if the record that came before it wasn't so goddamned perfect. But it is really really strong and recommended.

The two Byrd Takoma records are useless Arp synth bullshit.

• I thought about it and in particular the song right after "Machines" was the one I was thinking of. Or maybe its a song or two later. Its on that side for sure. I've only heard it a couple times when I wasn't tripping. But that one song is definitely cheery, both the guitar and the lyrics. I need to hear that shit again.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    That was more like the face I made for the good records. This cover was making me laugh uncontrollably for some reason:

wow! they look like they should be on that wig website!

a tripped out record where they use a moog sounding instrument called a lothar/ theremin, operated in mid air, i think jean michel jarre used it also...

• slushslush 691 Posts
    cool like sequenced synths?

• That shit gave me a really bad feeling when I was tripping. I don't even remember why

waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die
    waiting to die[/b]

• do not rent "the ski bum"

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

The cover wouldn't have been so bad if only three of those guys were looking towards the camera instead of up in the air.