›

Justin Warfield Info??

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I have two CD's by this guy from the early 90's....one is psych/rock and the other is Hip Hop/Psych......I have never been able to find much info about him....any ???

Comments

• If we're talking about the same guy who did songs like Ksera and Season of the Vic, the tracks are probably most notable because they were produced by Prince Paul. I don't know about it having anything remotely to do with psych though, so maybe you're thinking of a different artist.
    l

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Dude is in She Wants Revenge, a rock band on Geffen. They are real big in LA.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Haha, Bug powder dust and mugwump jism...

Last i heard of the dude he was fronting One inch Punch, (one album, Tao of the One inch punch, Virgin, 1996 84221122072430804221126) I dig the kids voice that album was fucking short though, clocking in at less than 40 minutes.

• saw him play once in a coffee spot in LA in the early nineties.It sucked.I did like a couple of the 12"s though,despite more than a llittle dick riding of Q-tip by warfield.Que sera sera........

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    His early 90's CD "Supernaut" is one of my Top Ten from that period......sounds like Lenny Kravitz doing Black Sabbath-like ballads.....nothing like his "Field Trip" LP at all which I also dug.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    saw him play once in a coffee spot in LA in the early nineties.It sucked.I did like a couple of the 12"s though,despite more than a llittle dick riding of Q-tip by warfield.Que sera sera........

I couldn't really get past anything after "Season of the Vic". I think the single after that had a good instrumental, but his delivery was too stiff and corny for me.

I thought QDIII produced his first records? I vaguely remember hearing some kind of Prince Paul connection but at the time I wasn't reading the small print on my cassingle sleeves. What did he have to do with it?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I don't have my tape on hand, but maybe "executive producer"? Supernaut sucks, Field Trip is pretty solid. Took a 4 second Bob Crewe sample from a song/album that sucked ass and really flipped it on K Sera Sera.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    K Sera Sera.

Haha, that's the song I was thinking of.

Yeah, maybe QDIII executive produced it? Dude was just starting to break into the beat game and "Season of the Vic" wasn't exactly rocket science (but a dope Sly loop nonetheless) so who knows.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I really liked QD's Written On Ya Kitten remix. That shit kicks ass too. I dunno. I think PP executived and QD produced. Not sure though.

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    Was definately both QD & Paul .

I picked up that rock album he did after field trip & thought it was dreadful. Maybe if I listened to it now I'd be into it ?

His lp & 12's were enjoyable if a little corny, worth picking up if cheap.

http://www.myspace.com/shewantsrevenge

"My names Justin baby"

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Fishermans Grotto is my shit.

• Dude is in She Wants Revenge, a rock band on Geffen. They are real big in LA.

yeah i dont get that at all - in the rock "genre" of Trying To Sound Like Joy Division, they are particularly tepid.

both those dudes can do way better - adam 12 has done some real cool production stuff, it boggles my mind that him and justin warfield want to spend their time being in a mediocre guitar band instead.

• GoblahGoblah 35 Posts
    I really thought he sounded more at ease on the microphone once he shed the Q-Tip'isms which plagued his My Field Trip...

• saw him play once in a coffee spot in LA in the early nineties.It sucked.I did like a couple of the 12"s though,despite more than a llittle dick riding of Q-tip by warfield.Que sera sera........

I couldn't really get past anything after "Season of the Vic". I think the single after that had a good instrumental, but his delivery was too stiff and corny for me.

I thought QDIII produced his first records? I vaguely remember hearing some kind of Prince Paul connection but at the time I wasn't reading the small print on my cassingle sleeves. What did he have to do with it?

day, you really need to relisten to 'my fieldtrip..'...ON HEADPHONES!

(that and a bag of shrooms and then you'll understand)

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Dude is in She Wants Revenge, a rock band on Geffen. They are real big in LA.

yeah i dont get that at all - in the rock "genre" of Trying To Sound Like Joy Division, they are particularly tepid.

both those dudes can do way better -

i'm not so sure he can do that much better, in the 3 years i've been in L.A. - he's been a couple horrible bands. On stage he's looking like the only brother in the strokes fan club.

I think season of the vick and k sera sera was it.