anyone check out the KUSF swap yesterdray...?

downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
personally, i thought it was a bit found nothing of particular excitement, tho DID see nearly every 'record-show' stereotype: hippy dude, angry dude, smelly dude, slightly autistic-like-wont-stop-talking-to-you-dude, goth/metal burnout, etc, etc... ah yes, and me - bored-talkin'-shit-'cuz-i-couldnt-find-much-dude...

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    first time in a long time i didnt go to this... fucking leg.

anyway, i heard there were some decent Blue Notes found by flea mkt Mickey. GM Chris got a james carr lp for cheap and some other goodies. ray from stockton/sac had the ill northern soul 45s that emptied a homies pocket but will double up on the G+ he spent. same dude copped some decent Punk 45s as well... thats the word from one dude... gotta contact the dealers to see how other shit went.

i made a couple hundred bucks just sitting at home and waiting for Georges Sulmers to strike through the crib for a quick jap dinner with me and the wife before he flew back to TN. thanks to josh b and jon breezie for handing business.

• jinxy,

i caught a town record i think you don't know. call me.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    jinxy,

i caught a town record i think you don't know. call me.

Shit is real.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    i dunno, i did pretty good. some bargains, some steals , and some wantlist items knocked off.

gm chris and young phonics KILLED it yesterday.

jinx, alot of fools were looking for you for your bay knowledge.

• I did alright slangin' for the first time there. Used some serious self control to just grab a few modern soul type things and therefore came out a few hundred on the plus side. There seemed to be more people there than other recent times I've gone, but maybe that's because I've been getting there so late.

Good lookin' to Josh and Justin for the table space, and it was good to see all you soulstrut dudes there.

• Oh yeah, this is my new favorite record

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Oh yeah, this is my new favorite record

damn, that is a woman right there

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

You need a new new favorite record.

"I like What your dong to me = 1/2

rest of LP =

send me Steve Parks bay area moder and I'll tell you what you should like

• GM Chris got a james carr lp for cheap and some other goodies.

Was it the "You've Got My Mind Messed up" LP?
    Clean copies are impossible to turn up, especially cheap.

You need a new new favorite record.

"I like What your dong to me = 1/2

rest of LP =

send me Steve Parks bay area moder and I'll tell you what you should like

First of all, cosine on that blue dress.

Second, dang I'm diggin a lot of this LP. I admit the vocals might be a little off here and there, but the slaps and claps, as they say, are firmly in place. The whole B-side especially is killin it. You gotta admit there's at least 2 or 3 minutes in each song where the vocals drop out and shit gets super buttery.

Can't send you the Steve Parks. "Can't Stop Now" off there is a big favorite, even though the lyrics don't make any sense to me. I actually fucked up when I picked that up. There were two copies sitting next to each other for 3 bucks apiece and I only grabbed one, not knowing exactly what it was. Went back the next day and it was gone.

I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    yeah I'm just messin with you on the Young and co. I dig it in parts. But I bug out when I hear that black sheep sample.

if you eva eva eva eva eva eva eva see anothe Steve Parks laying about a bin please remember me.

I love you long time

• I did OK at the swap. Not great but OK. I got there around 5:30am so that helped. I came away with a stack of 45's including Rhonda Davis on Duke (it was not cheap but I will make money on it once I flip it. Amazing record by the way). As for LP's I got the Blacula soundtrack, Gwen McCrae S/T, Will King (has the ill soul ballad "Sunshine Please" that Peaceful Ro hepped me to), and a couple other things. Plus I sold a couple records. Good to see everyone who rolled through.

separated at birth?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

this man looks like if a giant bird shitted on his head

• I got there around 5:30am so that helped.

Not knowing the first poster, I'm probably making assumptions, but knowing this board and its aversion to paying going rate on records I would imagine that the gentleman showed up at a later hour and couldn't find sufficient rare records for dirt cheap.

I love the KUSF Swap, I always do well there when I'm in town. I am also usually back in bed by 10-11am...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm probably making assumptions, but knowing this board and its aversion to paying going rate on records

everytime I see a record priced well under it's going rate I tell the dealer/store owner about it and I pay the full price for it.

• I'm probably making assumptions, but knowing this board and its aversion to paying going rate on records

everytime I see a record priced well under it's going rate I tell the dealer/store owner about it and I pay the full price for it.

STOP SNITCHIN

separated at birth?

same braidstramentalist?

is the title aimed at the dude sitting behind her??

is the title aimed at the dude sitting behind her??

Ha Ha! Private Boner?

• I would imagine that the gentleman showed up at a later hour

you are correct sir, as a swap novice, 12 apparently is:

and couldn't find sufficient rare records for dirt cheap.

dirt cheap? well, more like gravel-ish... but yeah, i was expecting to bulk up on some 12's; not pay $8 for some $1.99 rasputins rejects...

regardless, i'll be at the next get-together - EARLY. (and stinky, and talking too much...)

• funny thing about the swap was that some girl, who was pretty cute, rolled-in the infamous "bagel and coffee" cart. I wondered if she was like "I had to wake-up early for these nerds?!!??!?!".

and what's up with them always having that one[/b] big-ass knife. KUSF can't spring for plastic knives or some shit..? I'm have to do something about that.

and big-ups to the 12 year old who was drinking cofee for the first time. I over heard dude asking his mom/or something "what do you put in coffee...cream and sugar?...oh okay...". That kid had to be so fucking zooted while he sat their all day playing his PSP.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I hate you all.

• HI NATT!

I'm like down the street at Mike's crib...not doing work.

velcome back...check theweekend finds thread for my kusf come-ups

blahity poop poop

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts