GRAMMY NOMINATION: DANGERMOUSE = DISCUSS (rr)

2»

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    good for him.

why is everyone so hateful?

Because he's completely undeserving of being recognized as one of the five best or most accomplished producers in hip-hop, much less all of popular music, in the past year.

Now why people expect the Grammys to be in any way meaningful I cannot say.

I know what you want me to do and since I'm a nice guy I'm going to oblige you:

Bun B total sales to date: 386,721

Dangerdoom total sales to date: Oh snap! Too much trouble to retrieve since it fell out of the top 200 weeks ago...[/b]

You must have me confused with King Moist.

But, since you're the expert, can you fill in the blanks for us:

Bun B total sales to date: _____

Gorillaz total sales to date: _____ (Feel free to subtract whatever Dangerdoom sold.)

Herm

P.S. I bought all 3 albums.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    good for him.

Because he's completely undeserving of being recognized as one of the five best or most accomplished producers in hip-hop, much less all of popular music, in the past year.

Dangerdoom total sales to date: Oh snap! Too much trouble to retrieve since it fell out of the top 200 weeks ago...[/b]

Bun B total sales to date: 386,721 [to people that enjoy rap music]

Gorillaz total sales to date: 1,554,641 [to people that are deeply uncomfortable with rap yet mistakenly believe that purchase of this album makes them appear to be with it]

Herm

good for him.

Gorillaz total sales to date: 1,554,641 [to people that are deeply uncomfortable with rap yet mistakenly believe that purchase of this album makes them appear to be with it]

Herm

Thanks.

Now irregardless of your retarded logic, this:

Gorillaz total sales to date: 1,554,641

is why he's got a Grammy nomination, NOT because he's:

being recognized as one of the five best or most accomplished producers in hip-hop

But I don't understand why you feel the need to hate, unless of course, you:

expect the Grammys to be in any way meaningful.

Herm

good for him.

Herm

Thanks.

being recognized as one of the five best or most accomplished producers in hip-hop

Herm

Chillax, Herm; I'm not being serious. "Irregardless" is not a word, though.

• good for him. dope production work on this track.

stop the hatt.

peas.

good for him.

Herm

Thanks.

Herm

Webster would disagree:

ir??re??gard??less ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-g??rdls)
    adv. Nonstandard
    Regardless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Probably blend of irrespective, and regardless.]
    Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

good for him.

Herm

Thanks.

Herm

Webster would disagree:

adv. Nonstandard
    Regardless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Dude, read the etymological note: its inclusion in Websters is the tyranny of the ignorant at work. It's not a word.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you guys are absoludicrous.

good for him.

Herm

Thanks.

Herm

Webster would disagree:

adv. Nonstandard
    Regardless.

Dude, read the etymological note: its inclusion in Websters is the tyranny of the ignorant at work. It's not a word.

Tell it to Cambridge.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

WE NEED A SELF-SONNED GRAEMLIN, BAD.

And Faux - if Bun B were nominated for a Grammy would you be:

A) Pleased that the Grammy committee has seen fit to recognize some Real Schitt
    B) Inclined to now look at Bun B suspiciously since he's been validated by the same people who think Black Eyed Peas are also Grammy winning rap artists.
    C) Wait and see what the American Music Awards do.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

WE NEED A SELF-SONNED GRAEMLIN, BAD.

W??rd to the t??rd h??rd.