Would you take this deal? (eBay Realted)

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
So today I won this auction, then soon after got a message from the low bidder saying:"Congrats on winning the SENTIDO album. I wanted to try to win it but was unavailable to bid when it came off. I wanted it very badly......I dont suppose you'd want to sell it, but if you would I'll offer you $60. Plus I have a later pressing of the same album on Coco label which I would throw in trade + the $60!! If not, I understand...but nothing beats a try...."[/b]Is this a hot deal?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yo, do it!!!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Flip that sh*t! I am sure you can score another original for $30...

• dude i think i have a copy for you for $25. i have to check. that is not raer. sell.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    S>a later pressing of the same album on Coco label
    /S>

this is not the genuine artifact you seek.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    sentido is a $20 - $25 record.

dude's trippin'.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    sentido is a $20 - $25 record.

dude's trippin'.

What he said. On both counts.

• dude reynaldo where were you when i had this album up for auction like 3 months ago? shit went for like 10 bucks.

dave

• There is no price difference or difference in terms of legitimacy between the Coco and Mango presses.

this record is dope but is easy to find, on either press.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    There is no price difference or difference in terms of legitimacy between the Coco and Mango presses.

My read of the guy's e-mail is that the Mango issue preceded the Coco one--is that accurate? I know Averne used Coco to reissue a couple of albums that had seen release elsewhere--like Orqu. Deejay and his own Barrio Band LP--but I always thought the difference was that the Coco issue was domestic and the Mango one was pressed elsewhere.

And Reynaldo: do it.

• I think people would assume that the Mango issue is first, but I'm pretty sure it's just a PR pressing. Wasn't Eddie already working on Coco?

I asked this question of a few dealers years before soulstrut and the answer was the same; I've also found that Coco presses tend to sound better, but that might be due to them being better taken care of.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

"Congrats on winning the SENTIDO album. I wanted to try to win it but was unavailable to bid when it came off. I wanted it very badly......I dont suppose you'd want to sell it, but if you would I'll offer you $60. Plus I have a later pressing of the same album on Coco label which I would throw in trade + the $60!! If not, I understand...but nothing beats a try...."[/b]

Is this a hot deal?

you won the record for almost $30 and he's offering $60 + a $ 25 record?
    What do you win for all the trouble: like $50?

The feeling that you got a record that another dude is dying to have is worth much more than $50. I live for that feeling.

I think people would assume that the Mango issue is first, but I'm pretty sure it's just a PR pressing. Wasn't Eddie already working on Coco?

Well, he did release four LPs on Coco, but Sentido was the first. Did I ever send you the Coco discography the I, deepstank and Garcia Vega put together?

I asked this question of a few dealers years before soulstrut and the answer was the same; I've also found that Coco presses tend to sound better, but that might be due to them being better taken care of.

You trying to say Puerto Ricans don't take care of their records?

So today I won this auction, then soon after got a message from the low bidder saying:

"Congrats on winning the SENTIDO album. I wanted to try to win it but was unavailable to bid when it came off. I wanted it very badly......I dont suppose you'd want to sell it, but if you would I'll offer you $60. Plus I have a later pressing of the same album on Coco label which I would throw in trade + the $60!! If not, I understand...but nothing beats a try...."[/b]

Is this a hot deal?

Oh, and Reynaldo, I applaud your recent efforts to acquire readily available quality Latin records by foundation artists. This is a very good look.

• Funny I've seen hundreds of copies of this record, but always on Coco, never on Mango. The only good salsa record I've seen on Mango is a Paul Ortiz comp of his Ghetto records material. I thought Mango pressed mainly common reggae records, like Black Uhuru and such suspects.
    Rey you copped Sentido for $30 but passed up on my offer for Champagne, Superimposition and Molasses?!?!?!

Funny I've seen hundreds of copies of this record, but always on Coco, never on Mango. The only good salsa record I've seen on Mango is a Paul Ortiz comp of his Ghetto records material. I thought Mango pressed mainly common reggae records, like Black Uhuru and such suspects.

The Latin Mango is different from the Mango that Island used to release material in the U.S. I didn't know that the Latin Mango ever released anything besides Sentido--that Paul Ortiz release on Mango is probably his lone Ghetto LP in full, since I don't think he ever released any additional material on Ghetto.

Rey you copped Sentido for $30 but passed up on my offer for Champagne, Superimposition and Molasses?!?!?!

Whoah! BAD LOOKS REVEALED!

• Funny I've seen hundreds of copies of this record, but always on Coco, never on Mango. The only good salsa record I've seen on Mango is a Paul Ortiz comp of his Ghetto records material. I thought Mango pressed mainly common reggae records, like Black Uhuru and such suspects.

The Latin Mango is different from the Mango that Island used to release material in the U.S. I didn't know that the Latin Mango ever released anything besides Sentido--that Paul Ortiz release on Mango is probably his lone Ghetto LP in full, since I don't think he ever released any additional material on Ghetto.

Right, pardon the confusion on Mango. The Paul Ortiz joint, the cd at least, has two bonus unreleased tracks included. Tracklist:
    Mi Negra Va A Gozar
    Guajiron
    Tender Love
    Quien Quita
    Son Los Que Son
    Lo Que Traigo
    Para Que Gocen Los Pollos
    Guaguanco En Puerto Rico
    Merembe
    Delirio
    Mi Amiga
    Despierta Puertorrique??o
    El Son Montuno
    Gozar Mi Son
    Total
    No Lo Creas
    Tinguilanga
    Pobre Se??or

The last two are the bonus tracks.

• You trying to say Puerto Ricans don't take care of their records?

incontrovertible fact.

and reynaldo, the deal is a no brainer, even without the coco

you could catch sentido for $10 if you tried (to leave ebay)

dope record

• Rey you copped Sentido for $30 but passed up on my offer for Champagne, Superimposition and Molasses?!?!?!

what tehe fuck!
    garcia, let me holle at molasses....dont have it, but probably need it. its aas good as superimp and champaign? theres another dope one iwth a similar cover to superimposition, big eddie head with artistic stuff going on

eddie kills it

• Rey you copped Sentido for $30 but passed up on my offer for Champagne, Superimposition and Molasses?!?!?!

what tehe fuck!
    garcia, let me holle at molasses....dont have it, but probably need it. its aas good as superimp and champaign? theres another dope one iwth a similar cover to superimposition, big eddie head with artistic stuff going on

eddie kills it

Its different than Champagne in that it has no latin soul tracks but is all dope hard salsa tracks. I'm pretty sure I still have it, will let you know for sure tonight when I get back home. The other Eddie record I think you are talking about is Unfinished Masterpiece. I think I have a double of that as well, that one is more on latin jazz side of things.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

I haven't heard those, though, dude--you should've hooked a brother up with some sound clips or something; I'm not going to pass on some schitt I know is hot.

I haven't heard those, though, dude--you should've hooked a brother up with some sound clips or something; I'm not going to pass on some schitt I know is hot.

What has gotten into you, dude? Why is a brother talking this way?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

What has gotten into you, dude? Why is a brother talking this way?
    What--I can get "ghetto" if need be.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

What--I can get "ghetto" if need be.

YES!