apple 3 oranges/john the efficiency experts

ryanryan 334 Posts
edited January 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
i have the first pressing of the apple and 3 oranges "free and easy" 45 on stage coach up for trade. (the copy i posted on weekend finds is the second pressing) it plays without skips but is not the cleanest copy. listen here ideally, i would like to work out a trade for the OG john & the efficiency experts "gotta stand from something" 45 (not the skate master tate "test pressing"). i will also entertain other 45 trades. pm your list if interested.

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    i have the first pressing of the apple and 3 oranges "free and easy" 45 on stage coach up for trade. (the copy i posted on weekend finds is the second pressing) it plays without skips but is not the cleanest copy. listen here ideally, i would like to work out a trade for the OG john & the efficiency experts "gotta stand from something" 45 (not the skate master tate "test pressing"). i will also entertain other 45 trades. pm your list if interested.

Who the hell is John? hahahaha. Unless there's some super secret pressing I'm not aware of, the 45 you're thinking of is by Professor & the Efficiency Experts, and it's worth at least twice as much as the"Free & Easy" 45. Not trying to salt your game or anything, just drunkenly setting the record straight. Great 45 though.

• ryanryan 334 Posts

Who the hell is John? hahahaha. Unless there's some super secret pressing I'm not aware of, the 45 you're thinking of is by Professor & the Efficiency Experts, and it's worth at least twice as much as the"Free & Easy" 45. Not trying to salt your game or anything, just drunkenly setting the record straight. Great 45 though.

it is a great 45. cover up.

it is a great 45. cover up.

Yeah, that's definitely Professor & the Efficiency Experts. Weird thing is that there were 2-different mixes of the song. Sc*tt Cra*g was telling me about them years ago, but I forgot precisely what he said. Something about different people doing the vocal tracks or something. Who knows, maybe one of them was credited to John?

• i have the first pressing of the apple and 3 oranges "free and easy" 45 on stage coach up for trade. (the copy i posted on weekend finds is the second pressing) it plays without skips but is not the cleanest copy. listen here ideally, i would like to work out a trade for the OG john & the efficiency experts "gotta stand from something" 45 (not the skate master tate "test pressing"). i will also entertain other 45 trades. pm your list if interested.

weren't both those tracks on that mix you sent me? "records are people too" i love that shit. still in heavy rotation in my car.

weren't both those tracks on that mix you sent me? "records are people too" i love that shit. still in heavy rotation in my car.

Almost. The version of "Free & Easy" I put on there is by Vamp (outta Chicago i think). The Apple & 3 Oranges version sounds quite a lot like "I Gotta Stand For Something" but with less memorable instrumentation and vocals. Glad you liked that CD, btw, I think I may have a copy of that New Holidays 45 for you around here if you're interested.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts

Guy on ebay was selling about 20 copies of that VAMP - Free & Easy 45 on Mar-vel label all minty fresh. I picked up a copy over Christmas Break.

That CD is also on rotation in my car as well.

• It's all about the other Vamp 45 on Mar-vel.

And Aaron, the other version of "I Gotta Stand For Something" is Barney Williams on Stanson 123.
    I will now take this time to post a Stanson 45 discography:

Stanson[/b]
    501 Sonny Craver "Baby I Can Change My Mind/ I???m Lost" Ohio address
    502 The Symbols "Blue Autumn/ Bumpity Bump" Ohio address
    509 Don "Soul Train" Campbell "Campbell Lock/ Inst."
    510 Sonny Craver "I Wanna Thank You/ Uh Huh Oh Yeah" also on Teri De 007
    511 Bobbie Williams "Singing Love, Happiness And Peace/ Same"
    512 Apple & the Three Oranges "Free and Easy/ Inst."
    5021 Apple & the Three Oranges "Free and Easy/ Inst."
    123 Barney Williams "I Gotta Stand For Something/ Pt. 2"
    AR-003 King Solomon "I Got A Sweet Tooth (For Your Love)/ If I Were A Strong Man???
    2751 Paul Humphrey "Scream And Shout/ Here To Stay"
    2753 Buster Jones "Remember Me/ Possessed"
    254 Ramsey 2C-3D "Rock The Groove/ How Much Would You Spend" 1983

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts

It's all about the other Vamp 45 on Mar-vel.

And Aaron, the other version of "I Gotta Stand For Something" is Barney Williams on Stanson 123.
    I will now take this time to post a Stanson 45 discography:

Stanson[/b]
    AR-003 King Solomon "I Got A Sweet Tooth (For Your Love)/ If I Were A Strong Man???

Good lookin' out, as always. So did Stanson pack up shop in Ohio and move out west?

Another Vamp 45, eh? Still trying to get Scott H. to come off that second copy of the S*nics B*nd. Yum.

• How many copies are there of Professor & the effiency experts: gotta stand for something?
    My 7" is completely plain just a complete blank white label, its only on the paper sleeve that it says the exact....

Professor & The Efficiecy Experts
    "I gotta stand for something Pt. 1&2"
    Stanton Records 1974
    Test Pressing

Whats the story behind this record?

Peace
    T

How many copies are there of Professor & the effiency experts: gotta stand for something?
    My 7" is completely plain just a complete blank white label, its only on the paper sleeve that it says the exact....

Professor & The Efficiecy Experts
    "I gotta stand for something Pt. 1&2"
    Stanton Records 1974
    Test Pressing

You, sir, have the Skatemaster Tate bootleg.

• Oh crap, so its a fake. Well thats tragic, i still love it though.

Oh crap, so its a fake. Well thats tragic, i still love it though.

Yep. Bootlegs of this abound. Hope you weren't taken by someone on ebay trying to get big money on it by touting it as a legitimate testpress!

• Oh crap, so its a fake. Well thats tragic, i still love it though.

Yep. Bootlegs of this abound. Hope you weren't taken by someone on ebay trying to get big money on it by touting it as a legitimate testpress!

No luckily, i bought it really cheap so thats cool.

Cheers
    T

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Stanson 45 discography:

Stanson[/b]

add:

SS-541 Second Resurrection "You Done Let Daylight Catch You / Smoke In the Disco"