woody allen appreciation (matchpoint related)

ryanryan 334 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
all is forgiven woody. you have redeemed yourself with match point. i can now overlook most of the dreck you have put out in the past ten years (yes, even curse of the jade scorpion). although its dubbed a "woody allen movie for people who don't like woody allen" and a "thriller," this movie has his stamp all over it--extramarital affairs, an upper crusty setting, and his famous philosophical musings. definitely reminiscent of woody's 80s work, especially crimes and misdeamnors, but only darker. and scarlett johnasson is painfully gorgeous. if you like woody, you won't be disappointed.

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Some might disagree, but I think all of Woody's movies are fun. He's great. Appreciated!!!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    all is forgiven woody.

• Yo I need the picture disc version of this.If anyone has it holler at me. I've got a m- Stark Reality for trade...

• Options
    i can now overlook most of the dreck you have put out in the past ten years (yes, even curse of the jade scorpion).

I was in Celebrity.

--Matthew Sweeney aka Skinhead #1.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    i can now overlook most of the dreck you have put out in the past ten years (yes, even curse of the jade scorpion).

I was in Celebrity.

--Matthew Sweeney aka Skinhead #1.

in all fairness, i did like celebrity and deconstructing harry. i was thinking more like sweet and low down, everybody says i love you, mighty aphrodite, small time crooks, etc.

• that movie was the shit...saw it last night

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    definitely reminiscent of woody's 80s work, especially crimes and misdeamnors, but only darker. and scarlett johnasson is painfully gorgeous.

but only darker[/b]

Damn, I NEED to see this. I really appreciate Woody Allen. Even his bombs I think they are still great ideas. I thought Melinda, Melinda was really good.

Plus Crimes and Misdemeaners (sp?) is one of my favorites.

• co-sign!

I loved this movie - suspensful and unpredictable. I guess the comedy-vs-drama arguement posed in Melinda and Melinda has been settled in Woody's mind.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I can't wait to see this, I love Woody! (noayo)

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    if you like woody, you won't be disappointed.

• nosawanosawa 89 Posts
    Just watched this and I've got to say it's one bad film and the acting was laughable from the two leads, not impressed... oh well

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Just watched this and I've got to say it's one bad film and the acting was laughable from the two leads, not impressed... oh well

yeah that movie was sleepy as hell. didn't get interesting until the last 15 minutes. should have been a half hour shorter and had more of spud from trainspotting.

• all is forgiven woody. you have redeemed yourself with match point. i can now overlook most of the dreck you have put out in the past ten years (yes, even curse of the jade scorpion). although its dubbed a "woody allen movie for people who don't like woody allen" and a "thriller," this movie has his stamp all over it--extramarital affairs, an upper crusty setting, and his famous philosophical musings. definitely reminiscent of woody's 80s work, especially crimes and misdeamnors, but only darker. and scarlett johnasson is painfully gorgeous. if you like woody, you won't be disappointed.

I really couldn't get into this. I saw it yesterday. I know Woody Allen flicks are given the hall pass- but man shit dragged on forever. He could have cut a good half hour of the movie out. I thought the ending plot line was corny and too contrived and done before. actually alot of it was contrived.

I am a huge fan of

She is unfuckwitable on looks.

I could definitely tell it was written for her. And i saw that as a big flaw.

The music was sort of odd. It worked in some places, but took away in others...

My $.02