MP3 requests- Fanny Hill and "Check Out My Melody"

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Request number one: I'm trying to hook somebody up with the song "Ain't No Lovin' Left" by Fanny Hill but I can't for the life of me find this record (in my collection, I mean). I've done about all the in-house diggin' I can stand, so can anybody out there in the real world who has the record and a little bit of time on their hands hook me up with a high quality 320 kbps MP3? I will indebted to you eternally and perhaps someday I can perform a favor for you as well (NO AYO).Request number two: another one I can't find in the World Of Beats record vaults is the og 12" version of "Check Out My Melody" by Eric B & Rakim. I can't even remember the last time I heard the original version (don't know why Marley decided to remix that and "Eric B. Is President" for the "Paid In Full" album, but it wasn't a good look). If someone can bless me with that too (no high bitrate neccessary on this one) I shure would appreciate it.Thanks in advance to whoever can come through for a brutha! (You can just PM me if you can help me in my hour of need.)

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Excuse me... that first request was FANY Hill.

Come on, now.... none of you pop tarts have the fany hill record? The one with the beat, folls. Hook me up, I'll give you my OG Stark Reality or something, whatever you need.

Oh, and good looks on the Eric B. and Ra... I'm good on that one, I just need the Fany record now.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    is Fanny Hill a OST?

is Fanny Hill a OST?

Naw, it's a rock group. I played it on my "Neva Stop Diggin" cd. Dude is singin' on it like "Got the mail this mornin', sent to my new address / had your name on the backside, but had I knew best / I opened the letter, it caused pain in my heart / it said PLEASE my sweet darlin', can we have a new start / Read through the letter, so long I held my breath / tears on the pages from my emptiness / you got it all wrong, I don't need you baby / you got it all wrong, ain't no lovin' left!" All this with a hard ass guitar and some hard ass drums that break down to a hard ass drumbreak. THAT SHIT IS MANG!!!

Yo, DeeRock, stop playin' and send me that MP3 man! I'm trying to hook up a mutual acquaintance.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Yo, I just copped the "Eric B Is President" 12 last week at the Goodwill for $2... but I dont think I can help as my amp just died... maybe I could give it to Drew and he could record it for you.

Would you happen to have the alternate take on "Sadie Sadie" by The Ripple Blast Singers & Band"? I think the version I got is the hot one, I was just curious as to what the weak one sounded like.

is Fanny Hill a OST?

Naw, it's a rock group. I played it on my "Neva Stop Diggin" cd. Dude is singin' on it like "Got the mail this mornin', sent to my new address / had your name on the backside, but had I knew best / I opened the letter, it caused pain in my heart / it said PLEASE my sweet darlin', can we have a new start / Read through the letter, so long I held my breath / tears on the pages from my emptiness / you got it all wrong, I don't need you baby / you got it all wrong, ain't no lovin' left!" All this with a hard ass guitar and some hard ass drums that break down to a hard ass drumbreak. THAT SHIT IS MANG!!!

Yo, DeeRock, stop playin' and send me that MP3 man! I'm trying to hook up a mutual acquaintance.

bissssssss BAP bissssssss bissssssss BAP! Hi hat over the kick break...

So what up, you got it, mang??? I needs that like yesterday!
    I got the Eric B... Johmboyala and DOR hooked me up awready. I just need the Fany one at this point.

So what up, you got it, mang??? I needs that like yesterday!
    I got the Eric B... Johmboyala and DOR hooked me up awready. I just need the Fany one at this point.

I dont have this one, sorry.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Dude is singin' on it like

Umm... Fanny Hill's big claim to fame was being among the first all-female rock groups to put out records

Sorry, I don't have the song (I once bought some of their records for a girl but we split before I got to hear any of them)

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Umm... Fanny Hill's big claim to fame was being among the first all-female rock groups to put out records

Sorry, I don't have the song (I once bought some of their records for a girl but we split before I got to hear any of them)

Yea, I'm confused. I actually think the band was Fanny and the LP called Hill????? I always thought it was Fanny Hill as well but when I was looking over the record it seemed they were called Fanny. ANyhow I don't have any mp3 which is why I didn't bother to get in here, but know I would like to know for shure the band name and the LP. Thanks!

Yea, I'm confused. I actually think the band was Fanny and the LP called Hill????? I always thought it was Fanny Hill as well but when I was looking over the record it seemed they were called Fanny. ANyhow I don't have any mp3 which is why I didn't bother to get in here, but know I would like to know for shure the band name and the LP. Thanks!

Different group, different record... I know the one y'all dudes are talking about. Fanny (the all-woman band) has a few breaks too. There's also a group called Fantacy Hill, which isn't what I'm after, either.
    The group name is Fanny Hill and I'm almost certain that the album is self titled. The song is "Ain't No Lovin' Left". It is a dude singing on it, believe me. Download my Soulman "Neva Stop Diggin'" cd off of soulseek and peep the last jawn on track 8.
    Maybe this record isn't as common as I thought it was... I figured half of soulstrut would have this ish. I guess not.

OK Figured some stuff out......

Artist: Fanny LP: Fanny Hill

BUT....... I don't think this is who you are looking for

I think you are looking for Fanny Adams on Kapp records. She does a song called "Ain't No Lovin Left" But I don't know it so I can't be sure........

I still don't have a MP3 for you, but hey I help figure out the artists (maybe)

I think you are looking for Fanny Adams on Kapp records. She does a song called "Ain't No Lovin Left" But I don't know it so I can't be sure........

OH SHIT! that's it... Fanny Adams, not Fanny Hill! No wonder nobody knew what the f--k I was talkin' bout! Plaese forgive, i am getting a wee bit senile.
    So that's it, Fanny Adams on Kapp. Thanks, volumen! Now... does somebody out there in the real world have it for a brutha?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

OH SHIT! that's it... Fanny Adams, not Fanny Hill! No wonder nobody knew what the f--k I was talkin' bout! Plaese forgive, i am getting a wee bit senile.
    So that's it, Fanny Adams on Kapp. Thanks, volumen! Now... does somebody out there in the real world have it for a brutha?

Well, I know who Fanny Hill were, they were the four women group on Reprise who released a series of "women's music", and have often been mentioned along with artists who were on the Olivia label. Rhino Homemade came out with a 4CD comp with all of their Reprise stuff.

So, for the sake of reference:

YESSSSSSS.... these hairy fuckers right here are who I am in search of. PLAESE, soulstrut.... I know somebody has this sh*t. This is my last desperate plea for help. Just the song "Ain't No Lovin' Left", PM me if you can hook me up with a high bitrate 320 kbps MP3.

• legendlegend 124 Posts

YESSSSSSS.... these hairy fuckers right here are who I am in search of. PLAESE, soulstrut.... I know somebody has this sh*t. This is my last desperate plea for help. Just the song "Ain't No Lovin' Left", PM me if you can hook me up with a high bitrate 320 kbps MP3.

i got one home. i'm at work right now though. i won't be at home until around 4pm, and then i can't convert the wav file to mp3. i can send it to my man and he can do it though. let me know if u still need it by this evening.

i got one home. i'm at work right now though. i won't be at home until around 4pm, and then i can't convert the wav file to mp3. i can send it to my man and he can do it though. let me know if u still need it by this evening.

Is this an Austrailian band?

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Please to share?
    Love my white-boy funk rock.

• You probably already have it Phil, but I didn't forget, four months after the fact:

http://rapidshare.de/files/5337773/Fanny_Adams_-_Ain_t_no_Loving_Left.mp3.html

EDIT: I just realized I encoded it at 192. If you need it at 320, for that Serato action, let me know.

• Yeah... just a WEE bit late, my man. But thanks for lookin' out anyway. An MP3 request remembered four months later = the true meaning of caring.