Comptons Most Wanted - APPRECIATE BEYATCHES!

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I'm just listening to MUSIC TO DRIVEBY... that shits insane... I love Eiht (no homo)... the beats are ill... JYEAH!peace.

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    im feelin you mang.

Eiht is my shit!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I liked his solo album with him holding the Eightball up... that was SICK!

• "Rhymes Too Funky Pt. 1 (Live At Lonzo's)" is as real as rap gets on the West Coast circa 1987.

"Rhymes Too Funky Pt. 1 (Live At Lonzo's)" is as real as rap gets on the West Coast circa 1987.

Is that on the album released on Orpheus.. I gotta go to my moms and dig that out..

peace.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Late Night Hype........

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah, CMW is dope, but how do they compare against Slum Village?

I keed.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Yeah, CMW is dope, but how do they compare against Slum Village?
    hahaha

CMW does not get enough love. I think people front on them now owing to their name. Damn ig'nant masses!

CMW does not get enough love.

Only because the public's attention has shifted south. Plus, the last couple of solo albums were

Only because the public's attention has shifted south. Plus, the last couple of solo albums were

So you enjoyed the "complexity" of Eiht's lyrics?! Man, you're starting to sound a little yourself.

So you enjoyed the "complexity" of Eiht's lyrics?! Man, you're starting to sound a little yourself.

Did I ever mention "complexity" in any of my previous posts? Your drinkin'

Gaytorade.

• I just copped the "Still Gafflin'" single. Good stuff.

Your drinkin' Gaytorade.

someone needs to make a icon for this...

Your drinkin' Gaytorade.

someone needs to make a icon for this...

That would have been funny is this was like 2000 and Haterade wasn't an already established and much more appropriate term.

• Word. CMW is dope as fuck. Played Def Wish II DJ Premier Remix today on radio. Shit is dope.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    "Rhymes Too Funky Pt. 1 (Live At Lonzo's)" is as real as rap gets on the West Coast circa 1987.

The only way to describe how this song makes me feel is

first released on the Compton compilation lp......anybody got that lp for me ? please

• I always wanted to jack Lee Dorsey's 'Give It Up'. Of course, when I copped CMW's 'Give It Up' a few years ago, visiting the left coast and diggin' at the OC record swap, I came to the grand realization, listening thru my Mister Disc, that the mofos beat me to it ages ago. So psyched that I was to drop it on the radio show, I didn't bother listening to the lyrics, which were extremely XXX for the airwaves. The 1st line is about giving up that pussy or something...cut it off and mad dash for the replacement track. Good times.

$??

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Shit! This is the Tread I always wanted to start!! "Rhymes too funky" is my shit! The whole first Album is

I just got a tape of the Cd back in 91' which has never left my car ever since. Vinylwise I just have a 12" of "This is Compton" on TechnoHop. If someone has a spare copy of the first Album on Orpheus, please pm me...I will pay top eurodollar...

"I heard you did a show on your mom's tapedeck, fool..." "CMW is that you man? - Yeah - Keep playin that shit, I like that shit... Woman, cancel that 911 call, they ain't comin anyway, this is compton"

• whoa sheep! This is bugged, cause this is one of the albums I ripped into my itunes when I dug through my storage at xmas time.

but coming from the west coast, it's a sin that no one has mentioned 'growin' un in tha hood' yet...

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1QGC5MUEI1X7W2E7ZE0NT6XZ4G
    E.V.I.A.N. - Techno City special space vocal by MCEiht

Does anybody have the scoop on why Tha Chill was no longer rhymin' w/ Eiht after the 3rd Lp? It seemed like he eventually faded from the team. WTF???

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    first released on the Compton compilation lp......anybody got that lp for me ? please

I don't have a spare, but can hook up mp3's. PM if interested.

And co-sign on everything said about CMW. Underappreciated, all-time greats.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    If someone has a spare copy of the first Album on Orpheus, please pm me...I will pay top eurodollar...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Does anybody have the scoop on why Tha Chill was no longer rhymin' w/ Eiht after the 3rd Lp? It seemed like he eventually faded from the team. WTF???

I read a CMW interview once and Chill said he was always in and out of Prison and jail and he would record when he was not locked up. Maybe Chill caught a major case after the 3rd LP? Or maybe he is producing wack back pack rap now! A few months ago a friend played me some terrible new Micha9 record and he said CMW produced it. LOL

• Does anybody have the scoop on why Tha Chill was no longer rhymin' w/ Eiht after the 3rd Lp? It seemed like he eventually faded from the team. WTF???

I read a CMW interview once and Chill said he was always in and out of Prison and jail and he would record when he was not locked up. Maybe Chill caught a major case after the 3rd LP? Or maybe he is producing wack back pack rap now! A few months ago a friend played me some terrible new Micha9 record and he said CMW produced it. LOL

well, seeing as Cali passed a 3-strikes law back in like '93 or so, it's quite possible dude is locked up.

for good.

• YEah I got that Techno-Hop 12" & I think i have a CMW 12" with a Primo remix...
    Not selling my Orpheus album neither.. Ha.

I have this DJ Slip produced album, 'Compton Compilation' which has an early CMW track. Love that Legion of Boom track. Quicksand is also dope.

Best image I could find...

• the cmw lp i don't have is music to drive by anyone want to trade?
    anyways, the 1st lp is pure fire! there are 2 pressings of the lp that I know of.
    one of them has a short version of rhymes 2 funky and another pressing has some other song that I forgot the title of instead of rhymes too funky. The long version of rhymes too funky is on the above mention compton compilation

• oh yeah I just found that E.V.I.A.N joint at arons but when I checked the condition
    of the wax, another electro record was inside! Oh well still got the cover at least..

• I think i have a CMW 12" with a Primo remix...

Was this a promo only 12" because I only found this at my radio station and never seen it.