Phreaking / Hacking...

2»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Anyone get into this shit...

I actually was aprehended by the Federal Police back in the day for Blue Boxing... when Australia got a new telephone company, they left the hole right open on the 1-800 gateway to international operators. We were breaking the lines and gettin' busy on BBS' with warez on the 1400 baud modems.

Damn, I did a lot of crazy shit back in the day... at&t calling cards, divertors, payphone scams... I was pretty heavy into the shit from the late 80s - mid 90s...

Anyone else even know what I'm talkin' about... Can I get a 2600 Cap'n Crunch whistle??

peace.

My man had one of those shits you held up to payphones to make it think you're putting coins into it. That was cool, but that's about as far as I go with it.
    Sounds like something I could geek out on, though.

• Sheep: I seem to vaguely remember being super pissed at you for some type of hacking you did. I can't remember specifics (this was when I was still doing triple-bypass, or maybe before that when I was still in college...). Anyways... I used to spend a little time just fucking with doods, but at one point our college server admin came and gave me the "I know what the fuck you are doing with our connections" speech, and that was pretty much it.

I still like to get warez.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I used to think "warez" was pronounced all latino style as in "wear-EZ".

• I had one of the radio shack blueboxes back in my college days. It worked flawlessly until one day whenever I would "put in my quarters" the operator would break through and ask for real quarters.

Believe that's a redbox... It's wild but in 94 - 95 there were still some phones you could do that on!

I was involved with this stuff in high school. Thankfully this was in the BBS post-industrial goth madness days so there's nothing online.....

......I have pictures though. I will post if o-dub posts his prom pic!

Yes--more pics!

Doud next time I am home I will dig up some goodies that will get you rolling.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Sheep: I seem to vaguely remember being super pissed at you for some type of hacking you did. I can't remember specifics (this was when I was still doing triple-bypass, or maybe before that when I was still in college...)

shhhhhh!! damn... haha, yeah I did some dumb shit thats for sure, I don't think I directly did any harm tho... might have been some other hip-hop shit... maybe on #turntablism on talkcity? Anyhow, 62 I'm mad sorry if I pissed you off someway with my past life... that was a good 10 years ago now..., I'm a reformed computer n3rd. Now just please e-mail me your CC#s...

peace.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Oh yeah, Razor 1911 that group was KILLIN' it for a long time there... I remember when Doom2 came out... I got it as a 0 hour ware off that KILLER BBS -- MIRAGE (RZR1911HQ) and couriered it to a shitload of other bbs'... that was the ware of the year and lots of Sysops upped my ratio... I hated that shit on the Razor 1911 HQ it was like a 1:1 ratio... they hated people for uploading lame shit too... and using calling cards and blueboxing from Australia meant the line was real shit and everything took so long, tons of errors etc... so I had to use Zmodem instead of Ymodem-G... lame...

I used to do a bit of couriering for HYBRiD (towards the end of their legacy), I did a bit of shit for German group aFL (Alpha Flight)... + some other groups...

Anyone remember iNC, ThG?
    The Humble Guys, right?
    I used to try a little phreaking and wardialing, but somehow didn't manage to get a line or find a system in my near area code. I was more into programming and did a little cracking for a small german group called "Voodoo". I used to run softice all day long but never really got it going in proteced mode.