Oh Reynaldo..... (latin raer inside)

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• Speed holy grail. Astronomical figures, I'd like it to hit $500 or more, make a lot of people upset. Fuck latin records, fuck the Speed label, fuck boogaloo, fuck latin soul, fuck the world!!!!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I with you 100%.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Hell yeah. Perfect timing--my paypal slush fund just got filled. $500+ if I don't win.

• Hell yeah. Perfect timing--my paypal slush fund just got filled. $500+ if I don't win.

You just made another soulstrutter (not I) angry like hulk...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Hell yeah. Perfect timing--my paypal slush fund just got filled. $500+ if I don't win.

You just made another soulstrutter (not I) angry like hulk...

I am also annoyed. I cannot hope to compete with a collectro so great that he does not hesitate to put up twice what a record is worth (see: recent Monguito Santamaria auction)

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Don't these artificially inflated prices shrink back down to normal pretty quickly though?

Don't these artificially inflated prices shrink back down to normal pretty quickly though?

Basically once Reynaldo has secured a copy--except in those inexplicable instances where he feels that he needs two, or even three, copies.

• Don't these artificially inflated prices shrink back down to normal pretty quickly though?

I guess so, but what if it jsut keeps going up and up and you miss the boat. You gotta be in it to win it, rolling stones gather no moss an all that....

• This is the reason I am no longer uploading records to the real headz forum. I'm not ruining any more chances for folks to score records that they found out about before the fucking internet. Deal with it.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

I love how the highest bidder now is named "can't be oubid" because he's about to be. In fact I remember outbidding him on something too. He needs to step up his game and get his "paypal slush fund" filled pronto

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I love how the highest bidder now is named "can't be oubid" AKA: Indiana 45's[/b] because he's about to be. In fact I remember outbidding him on something too. He needs to step up his game and get his "paypal slush fund" filled pronto

• I love how the highest bidder now is named "can't be oubid" AKA: Indiana 45's[/b] because he's about to be. In fact I remember outbidding him on something too. He needs to step up his game and get his "paypal slush fund" filled pronto

I love how the highest bidder now is named "can't be oubid" AKA: Indiana 45's[/b] because he's about to be. In fact I remember outbidding him on something too. He needs to step up his game and get his "paypal slush fund" filled pronto
    I didn't know that was him. Dude is the dude.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

The game is to be sold...

I'm not the first person to say that. Upon searching, Ed Powers said
    i just think it's hilarious that cantbeoutbid[/b] always gets outbid.......doesn't he post here ? hint plaese

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Call me nuts but isn't this like a $75-100 LP normally? That's how much I bought my copy for AND sold a 2nd copy for.

In any case, I'm still bummed that I've been utterly thrawted in learning ANYTHING about the two women despite every Speed lead I had. I need a seance to talk to the departed if I'm going to learn anything.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, $75-$100 is reasonable for the D&C LP.

Were you able to get their full names?

Dude, not even that.

I basically asked everyone I knew connected to the label who's still alive - Frankie Nieves, Bobby Marin, Bobby Matos, etc. and they had no recolleciton about them whatsoever (and Marin wrote one of their songs!) From the sound of it, the whole group was put together by either Morty Croft or Stan Lewis, probably with a bunch of Latin session players. I'm sure theres' someone out there who remembers something about these women but it's still a mystery.