cyclops kitten (warning: it looks creepy)

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    wow

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    AHHHHHHH!!!!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    walk away, son?

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    that looks soo sad. I feel bad now.

this is actually what a ragdoll breed kitten is supposed to look like

• slushslush 691 Posts
    my friend showed me this a few days ago. personally i think its the cutest little dude i have ever seen. Rest in peace littl dude

aww and it died!!!!!!

im sad

that's not real... c'mon!!

hey if these can be real,

then cyclopes kitty can be real too

AHHHHHHH!

• slushslush 691 Posts
    just because he is exactly the way we would envision a cyclops kitten, doesnt mean its fake

• edubedub 715 Posts
    just because he is exactly the way we would envision a cyclops kitten, doesnt mean its fake

no... but that's not a real cyclops cat.

first of all, if a cyclops cat could actually have a single eye (fused together from two, otherwise seperate, eyes), what are the chances that it would actually be wide open - being only a day old, mind you? Last time I saw a newborn kitty, it's eyes were closed for, at least, a few days after it was born.

- this makes me think it's fake.

first of all, if a cyclops cat could actually have a single eye (fused together from two, otherwise seperate, eyes), what are the chances that it would actually be wide open - being only a day old, mind you? Last time I saw a newborn kitty, it's eyes were closed for, at least, a few days after it was born.

im still sad

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i want one... how do you know about the cyclops/fused-eye phenomenon? i always thought there was no such thing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/10/AR2006011002007.html

One-Eyed Cat Had Medical Condition

By TERRENCE PETTY
    The Associated Press
    Tuesday, January 10, 2006; 11:58 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A photo of a one-eyed kitten named Cy drew more than a little skepticism when it turned up on various Web sites, but medical authorities have a name for the bizarre condition.

"Holoprosencephaly" causes facial deformities, according to the National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke, part of the National Institutes of Health. In the worst cases, a single eye is located where the nose should be, according to the institute's Web site.

Traci Allen says the kitten she named Cy, short for Cyclops, was born the night of Dec. 28 with the single eye and no nose.

"You don't expect to see something like that," the 35-year-old Allen said by telephone from her home in Redmond in central Oregon.

Allen said she stayed up all night with the deformed kitten on her recliner, feeding Cy a liquid formula through a syringe. She says she cared for the kitten the next day as well, until it died that evening.

Allen had taken digital pictures that she provided to The Associated Press. Some bloggers have questioned the authenticity of the photo distributed on Jan. 6.

AP regional photo editor Tom Stathis said he took extensive steps to confirm the one-eyed cat was not a hoax. Stathis had Allen ship him the memory card that was in her camera. On the card were a number of pictures _ including holiday snapshots, and four pictures of a one-eyed kitten. The kitten pictures showed the animal from different perspectives.

Fabricating those images in sequence and in the camera's original picture format, from the varying perspectives, would have been virtually impossible, Stathis said.

Meanwhile, Cy the one-eyed cat may be dead, but it has not left the building.

Allen said she's keeping the cat's corpse in her freezer for now, in case scientists would like it for research.

She said one thing's for certain: "I'm not going to put it on eBay."

• dayday 9,611 Posts

AHHHHHHH!

Man.

I tried to scroll down after looking at that for a minute and my comp froze. I was like "ugggggggggg!"

That shit looks like a drooling Ziggy that someone drowned and beat with a baseball bat.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I dont believe it. Looks photoshopped. Cats eyes do not open for like a week after they are born right?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    "I'm not going to put it on eBay."

• then cyclopes kitty can be real too

AHHHHHHH!

Man.

I tried to scroll down after looking at that for a minute and my comp froze. I was like "ugggggggggg!"

That shit looks like a drooling Ziggy that someone drowned and beat with a baseball bat.

ZIGGY FISH

• edubedub 715 Posts

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/10/AR2006011002007.html

One-Eyed Cat Had Medical Condition

By TERRENCE PETTY
    The Associated Press
    Tuesday, January 10, 2006; 11:58 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A photo of a one-eyed kitten named Cy drew more than a little skepticism when it turned up on various Web sites, but medical authorities have a name for the bizarre condition.

"Holoprosencephaly" causes facial deformities, according to the National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke, part of the National Institutes of Health. In the worst cases, a single eye is located where the nose should be, according to the institute's Web site.

Traci Allen says the kitten she named Cy, short for Cyclops, was born the night of Dec. 28 with the single eye and no nose.

"You don't expect to see something like that," the 35-year-old Allen said by telephone from her home in Redmond in central Oregon.

Allen said she stayed up all night with the deformed kitten on her recliner, feeding Cy a liquid formula through a syringe. She says she cared for the kitten the next day as well, until it died that evening.

Allen had taken digital pictures that she provided to The Associated Press. Some bloggers have questioned the authenticity of the photo distributed on Jan. 6.

AP regional photo editor Tom Stathis said he took extensive steps to confirm the one-eyed cat was not a hoax. Stathis had Allen ship him the memory card that was in her camera. On the card were a number of pictures _ including holiday snapshots, and four pictures of a one-eyed kitten. The kitten pictures showed the animal from different perspectives.

Fabricating those images in sequence and in the camera's original picture format, from the varying perspectives, would have been virtually impossible, Stathis said.

Meanwhile, Cy the one-eyed cat may be dead, but it has not left the building.

Allen said she's keeping the cat's corpse in her freezer for now, in case scientists would like it for research.

She said one thing's for certain: "I'm not going to put it on eBay."

ok, I'll admit it's possible[/b] that the cyclops kitty is real.

I checked out snopes.com, and they ahd the following to say:

Cyclopia (or synophthalmia) is a birth defect in which a normally two-eyed animal is born with only a single fused eye, generally disproportionately large and centered on the face above the area where the nose would usually appear. Typically in cyclopic births the nose is either absent or present as an appendage located above the single eye. (Eyelids are also generally absent in such births, which explains why the eye of the one-day-old kitten pictured above is open even though cats are usually born with their eyes shut and remain in that condition for the first week or two of their lives.)

Pictures of cyclopic animals can be found on a variety of web sites (not recommended for sensitive viewers), including a site with photographs of a cyclopic goat, and another site displaying photographs of a number of feline deformities including cyclopia.

• parenparen 537 Posts

Man.

sorry, day. the fish is called a "psychrolutes" and there are even more disturbing photos of it online.

unnecessary dude.!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    unnecessary dude.!
    seriously!... but what do you suppose they're thinking about in that photo?

• parenparen 537 Posts
    sooo necessary. kiddie was on oprah today, bro.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Man.

sorry, day. the fish is called a "psychrolutes" and there are even more disturbing photos of it online.

Oh, you mean like this one?

(you know I had to type in "psychrolutes" asap)

what does this have to do with a kitten?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I like my kittens to be stereo

On a side note, every newborn kitten that I saw in my life had blue eyes for a few days...granted, they were all stereo kittens