when's the last time...

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
you got $1100 in tickets on your way to work!? thanks!

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yesterday.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

what the hell happened

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Oh snap! Serious? Seattle PD hit you $1100.00 in tickets on the way to work? How drunk were you? LOL. Plaese to explain how you get $1100.00 in tickets on the way to work! I know a good lawyer that handles all kinds of traffic/speeding tickets. Let me know if you need his number.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    One time I didn't let this cop cut in front of me and he gave me 4 tickets, including for a dangling air freshener xmas tree. This was post-9/11 Driving While Bearded. I fought that mofo in court and got it down to $10. Still, wasn't $1100 to begin with.

what the hell happened
    i was driving 9mph over the limit on the way to work, through a notorious speedtrap, so i wasn't going too fast on purpose. when i saw the cop i didn't think he'd pull out (uber-ayo), but when he did, i saw that my insurance was expired... like 11 days ago. the new card is in an envelope at home, but that does me no good (i can provide proof of insurance to a magistrate, but that still costs $75, so whatever). what was that N.W.A. song?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Ewwww. A $1100 ticket is some next level schitt, for real. Driving 9 mph over the speed limit shouldn't warrant a ticket to be that expensive.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    what the hell happened
    i was driving 9mph over the limit on the way to work, through a notorious speedtrap, so i wasn't going
    too fast on purpose. when i saw the cop i didn't think he'd pull out (uber-ayo), but when he did, i saw that my insurance was expired... like 11 days ago. the new card is in an envelope at home, but that does me no good (i can provide proof of insurance to a magistrate, but that still costs $75, so whatever). what was that N.W.A. song?

that is so over-the-top. what an asshole, that definitely does not warrant a $1100 ticket

damn

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    That sounds pretty excessive. I bet if you show the judge the new insurance card he'll have a heart...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    That sounds pretty excessive. I bet if you show the judge the new insurance card he'll have a heart...

Read the ticket carefully...because in most states I think you have a time frame to present proof-of-insurance, but a $75 ticket fee for not having the cards sounds more like it.

When I was a stupid college kid of 19, I rolled a stop sign in a blizzard, not seeing the cop RIGHT BEHIND ME (it was a blizzard-and there was no one in front or to the side of me, empty roads). Anyway...I had the same issue, my card was the old one, but I was insured. The cop explained that I had to present proof-of-insurance when I paid the $200 fine. Being broke at the time, I let the ticket go(stupid, stupid). Well, at a certain point the Sheriff showed up at my old address (where my uncle and aunt lived) with a warrant (my license had been REVOKED for driving w/o insurance). As it turned out, they revoked it by mistake, and I was able to get my license back and just paid the $200 fine in the end 9only to have the revokation remain on my PLATES, resulting in a late night stop-and-seizure of my truck at Chicago and Lake in Minneapolis, 1989, which was at the time one of the most crime-plagued intersection in the Twin Cities. And the cop impounded my truck and left me there at 1am.

Ahhhh...good times.

• That sounds pretty excessive. I bet if you show the judge the new insurance card he'll have a heart...

Read the ticket carefully...because in most states I think you have a time frame to present proof-of-insurance, but a $75 ticket fee for not having the cards sounds more like it.

When I was a stupid college kid of 19, I rolled a stop sign in a blizzard, not seeing the cop RIGHT BEHIND ME (it was a blizzard-and there was no one in front or to the side of me, empty roads). Anyway...I had the same issue, my card was the old one, but I was insured. The cop explained that I had to present proof-of-insurance when I paid the $200 fine. Being broke at the time, I let the ticket go(stupid, stupid). Well, at a certain point the Sheriff showed up at my old address (where my uncle and aunt lived) with a warrant (my license had been REVOKED for driving w/o insurance). As it turned out, they revoked it by mistake, and I was able to get my license back and just paid the $200 fine in the end 9only to have the revokation remain on my PLATES, resulting in a late night stop-and-seizure of my truck at Chicago and Lake in Minneapolis, 1989, which was at the time one of the most crime-plagued intersection in the Twin Cities. And the cop impounded my truck and left me there at 1am.

Ahhhh...good times.

Double Dog

• My girlfriend had over $3,000 in parking tickets in philly most of which were late fees. She went to school and payed rent in philly , but her car was insured throught her parents in VA so she couldn't get a parking permit for her neighborhood which was really hard to park in and had a 4 hour limit.

Fuck the philly parking authority.

...that fucking sucks. shit's made worse for me in that i hadn't had a ticket since 1997, until two months ago when i was caught going 98mph in a 60.
    and now, today's shit is getting hairball.