Public Critique (Your Honest Opinions Please)

2»

Comments

• ....and this kids are the effects of drugs from prolonged use over time...

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Are you paying his actual going rate or was this on some "i'll hook you up" type deal? Not that it justifies mediocrity, but if he has bigger jobs etc. or is doing it on the side (ie. not that important to him), then i can see how this was the final product.

With that said I kinda dig the font, the rest is just bad.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    besides the quality, which looks cheap, what's up with the concept?

skull&bones pimped out volkswagen hippie van?!

I was trying to explain my style as "psychrunk"[/b]... and to explain i said, "imagine a pimped out hippie van" oops.

u may have got what u asked for

that may be correct....

but what's really the problem here is the horrible style this is executed in... nowhere in 2006 will the photoshopped brush outlines with solid fills fly... there's just nothing artistic about it. This is what you would get if you asked a 6 year old to draw a pimped out vw van, and they had never held a mouse before.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    T -

Problem is that despite an impressive body of work historically, people do fall off... If the cover he's done for you is the best he can do right now, it may very well be that situation...

• what do you guys think??? ?
    damn, thats straight up terrible. that sucks that you're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place regarding it but man, i think i would rather not have any cover art than have that.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Wow, it looks like a Spin Doctors album. Or something that if it came into the shop I would immediatly throw it in the dollar bin due to judging it by its cover. Thats my honest opinion. I would go with a strutter to design it if I was you.

• I think I'm most troubled by that white girl on top of the van having a butt like that...

but what's up with her yitties?

Interesting point. However, I think it shows the artist is extremely well-versed in the female anatomy. Afterall, every guy knows that if a white girl has a huge butt like that her titties are gonna be

Plastic surgeons have been living fat off of this phenomenon for years, the artist just illustrated it further. I say bravo to you, kind sir. BRAVO.

• It was bad but I still kinda liked it. It stands out, but seriously, I would never pay for that. I woulda pimped out the bus in a better way, too. That flower is corny.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Where is it? I cant see anything?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    thanks for everyone's opinions. i took the image down as to not create any problems. at first, i really just wanted the guy to get in touch with reality. he refered to his design as "brilliant" in one part of the conversation. i guess i initially intended to send him a link to this thread as a reality check. however, now it has sunk in that this guy probably has a really fragile ego and a lot of personal issues. i wanted to throw him a bone (no homo), and give him some work. the concept was misguided, which was partially my fault. I guess i was feeding him images to inspire, yet he took them literally. I still don't think his current work would ever yield the kind of results i wanted. i did pay him 1/2 up front and this was a major loss.

for the record: I never NEVER intended on using this artwork.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    this reminded me of those MS paint hip hop covers that were making the rounds a while back. i couldn't find a link, but i remember they did bulletproof wallets, moment of truth and a few others.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i want to see this so bad

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    i want to see this so bad

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    this reminded me of those MS paint hip hop covers that were making the rounds a while back. i couldn't find a link, but i remember they did bulletproof wallets, moment of truth and a few others.

no, seriously, i saw one thread of this in there that was very funny

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Upside down cut-in-half guy?
    Damn, I just noticed that.

"break"-dancer

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Upside down cut-in-half guy?
    Damn, I just noticed that.

"break"-dancer