Recommend Me Some Modern Soul LP's

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited November 2018 in Music Talk
So I'm almost done grabbing Supergoods top 10 modern soul rackords. Jakeweezy gave me a list that I'm almost finished with too. It's time for some new instant "must haves"give me the goodness

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I want those lists!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Supergood's list is in the section under the Pleasure on RCA download thread

Jake Ones shall remain a semi mystery until its completed
    (page me)

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    de la vel on reynolds
    steve parks on solid smoke
    sorokas on sorokas
    dillard and boyce on mercury

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

includes mandatory "man posing alone in Miami Vice outfit" cover.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    got that Dillard and Boyce, You got any of those others ones for me?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Imma holla at --->

got that Dillard and Boyce, You got any of those others ones for me?

i got an extra sorokas... pm me your address

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

K.

K I got you on that as soon as I get everything on track (you know the deal)

J****n, I'll hit you with my addy. I got that LP for you too. when you doing BP again?

J****n, I'll hit you with my addy. I got that LP for you too. when you doing BP again?

when im able to walk and sit again... its going to be a while before i make it down to LA.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    sell some of those starpoints you've been shitting out your ass all year!

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i think haze25 has a copy of the new world generation...he's a good person to trade records with.

• So I'm almost done grabbing Supergoods top 10 modern soul rackords.

Jakeweezy gave me a list that I'm almost finished with too. It's time for some new instant "must haves"

give me the goodness

how did you complete this list so fast?

do you have the Surrett?

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

Strictly for the Ballerz.

"don't let go" is the truth off that lp!

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    the french throw down on that lp...they love that shit!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    So I'm almost done grabbing Supergoods top 10 modern soul rackords.

Jakeweezy gave me a list that I'm almost finished with too. It's time for some new instant "must haves"

give me the goodness

how did you complete this list so fast?

do you have the Surrett?

Alfonso surrett "Comin Out"?

I got that one but it wasn't on the list he gave me. But truth be told I only got a little more than half of what he hipped me to. But I'm hungry for more

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

I need to hear this one...PLAESE?!?

SG

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Damn, I should of copped when I saw it last summer. Is it worth $200 (sealed) though?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i think haze25 has a copy of the new world generation...he's a good person to trade records with.

Word, Haze and I have done several trades. X****r is good peoples no doubt

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Damn, I should of copped when I saw it last summer. Is it worth $200 (sealed) though?

I think one just went on Ebay for like 8 bills or so

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I think one just went on Ebay for like 8 bills or so

Maybe I should have copped when I saw it in August

Where's that 'Superfluous Graemlin' when you need it?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Jesus I need to figure out how to start posting flicks. Once I do it's game over. I sold one you should def be on the look for - The Snapp "Snapp 1." Heads aren't really up on this one - and it's mighty rare. You can peep it here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4817838771&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

• Options
    BAD SELLER, NOT CORRECT ,I THINK THAT IT MAKES CLIMB THE BIDDINGS!!!!!!!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    BAD SELLER, NOT CORRECT ,I THINK THAT IT MAKES CLIMB THE BIDDINGS!!!!!!!

Yea that dude was waaaaaay ill. He won this crazy rare Yvonne Moore 12" off me and didn't contact me or anything after numerous emails. So when I left him negative feedback - dude gave me negative feedback saying that shit - which I can only assume means he feels that I had friends bid on the record. Either that or he's boy with

Jesus I need to figure out how to start posting flicks. Once I do it's game over. I sold one you should def be on the look for - The Snapp "Snapp 1." Heads aren't really up on this one - and it's mighty rare. You can peep it here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4817838771&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

i didnt think this was a stellar lp at all. we all have different opinions though. if you, whoever bought it, enjoys it, they have a second lp that came out two years later on blue heron records, sounds pretty much the same. i have an extra if interested.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

The thing I find so awesome about the cover (besides the record inside, supposedly...c'mon, plaese to post some samples, ballerz!) is that, from a distance at least, it looks like that guy in the front is playing a Casio VL-Tone!:

Alas, I think the keyboard depicted on the cover has too many keys and no screen for the calculator to be one of those.

SG

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Scorpio label from Canada has good modern soul

Funny thing was I was about to PM you Guzzo for some recomendations yesterday

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Triple post

disculpa