WTF is Duck Sauce???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Those little packets of sweet slime they give at the Chinese take-out spot.Ghetto cats tend to order more than are offered. Whenever I check out cookbooks, Duck sauce as a condiment is nowhere too found. Just Sayin'? I dont eat that stuff now, but back in the day I would get it w/ Chicken wings and French fries................ Anybody have an explanation/story?

Comments

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I thought it was plumb sauce that you eat with duck? Its real tasty. That doesnt look too much like plumb though so im not sure how things go down in your home town.

• Goose semen...[/b]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LOL.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    dude that is so not chinese food....

I know that. What's the history behind this stuff. The whole takeout cuisine is

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    duck sauce = sweet and sour sauce

beef broccoli and extra duck sauce (no paycheck)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

uh huh!!! If it's not, then why do I get it when I get my 5 piece and fries at the chinese spot (Timmy Chan's)?!!

uh huh!!! If it's not, then why do I get it when I get my 5 piece and fries at the chinese spot (Timmy Chan's)?!!

LOL

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Is that a pic of the Death Star on the packet?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Fukk the duck sauce! It's all about rooster!

• duck sauce = sweet and sour sauce

I thought sweet and sour sauce was usually red/orange?

• dude that is so not chinese food....

They don't know...down here we got ghetto grub...like Timmy Chan's*.

*I've never eaten at Timmy Chan's.

And to Aser: I love it when Americans travel to HK or China and invariably come back saying, "The Chinese food there isn't nearly as good as the Chinese food in America."

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    duck sauce = sweet and sour sauce

I thought sweet and sour sauce was usually red/orange?

Homemade is.

Packaged S&S has varying gradations of hue. The lighter orange (duck sauce colour) being the more populour.

They don't know...down here we got ghetto grub...like Timmy Chan's*.

*I've never eaten at Timmy Chan's.

Whenever you come back man, I got you on the Chan's. NEVER NEVER NEVER eat at William's Chicken, NEVER!

And to Aser: I love it when Americans travel to HK or China and invariably come back saying, "The Chinese food there isn't nearly as good as the Chinese food in America."

HK street food =

• HK street food =

shit, you gotta be careful with that stuff. Some of that meat is

last time I was there, there was a big bust dealing with the illegal meat trade over there..old disgusting ass warehouses filled with nasty meat(that eventually gets sold on street). I think it was Triad connected..but whats new?

• anyone on here rocking the BULLDOG sauce? my friends, this is the joint. got into it through okinamiyaki, now it has stayed as a regular in the frigalator.

i had the most suspect sweet and sour tofu recently that i may never stab that shit again.

anyone on here rocking the BULLDOG sauce? my friends, this is the joint. got into it through okinamiyaki, now it has stayed as a regular in the frigalator.

i had the most suspect sweet and sour tofu recently that i may never stab that shit again.

I can only eat so much okinamiyaki, but I loves the bulldog sauce. I throw it on my katsu dishes...

Kansai Okinamiyaki > all other prefecture's okinamiyaki (even though I haven't had them all. Regional bias)

and you know that!!!

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    fuck duck...I've been addicted to Pigeon recently. That shit is pretty ill with the spicy salt

HK street food =

shit, you gotta be careful with that stuff. Some of that meat is

last time I was there, there was a big bust dealing with the illegal meat trade over there..old disgusting ass warehouses filled with nasty meat(that eventually gets sold on street). I think it was Triad connected..but whats new?

I didn't get sick but I came back from that trip like 30 lbs lighter, on the cool. I thought it was all the walking I did and the steamroom conditions of HK.

• The ingredients are right on the package.

That's nasty. it has apricot and tomato.

• The ingredients are right on the package.

you need a strong base to pack in tight flavor.

okinamiyaki is definitely best in moderation. what makes the kansai> ? i know this dish comes from Osaka, i thought they officially had the title?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Real chinese way to have duck (beijing memories)

• with plastic glove?

• fuck duck...I've been addicted to Pigeon recently. That shit is pretty ill with the spicy salt

Baak gaap! My old kung fu sifu would always give us the hard sell on pigeon at our banquet dinners.

"Different from one in the park. It's good!"

As a general rule, I don't eat things that shit on my car.

The ingredients are right on the package.

you need a strong base to pack in tight flavor.

okinamiyaki is definitely best in moderation. what makes the kansai> ? i know this dish comes from Osaka, i thought they officially had the title?

Osaka is a part of the area called Kansai. Kansai is Kyoto, Nara, Osaka and Kobe.

• That's nasty. it has apricot and tomato.

I love how eating pigeon and duck gets a pass on this thread, but apricot and tomato get bitchslapped as "nasty."

- Marco "yeah I'm vegan" in NC

• homemade plum sauce is dope.
    basically, boil plums (and whatever other fruit), garlic, vinnegar, ginger, bit of brown sugar, crushed and fresh chili peppers and a bit of flour or corn starch.

I love how eating pigeon and duck gets a pass on this thread, but apricot and tomato get bitchslapped as "nasty."

- Marco "yeah I'm vegan" in NC

LOL.

I cook/eat duck. I just wanted to know where's the "duck" in Ducksauce?

Records with ducks pleez.

BMD - She's a duck (local record, couldn't find an image)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts