Let's hear your band!

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.myspace.com/tybornjig

i do not like my band very much. i am in it because i like to drum. the guitar player asked me to be in it. and...the guy who recorded this stuff mixes terribly.

attempt to enjoy!

anybody with a good[/b] band got some music up? id love to hear it...

Comments

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    that sounds alright to me. i was actually really enjoying it until the vocals came in. i'm pretty picky when it comes to vocals, though.

The Noun - Boy Can Lip Read

The Noun - Wayne Wayne

The Noun is a group i'm in that's all improvisation. There's a core group of me (casio sk1, ms2000, circuit bent toys, etc), other sk1/toy player, bassist, and drummer. We try to have a guest for each jam and record it and put it out monthly. I've been told the closest sounding thing is Can, which im not really sure is valid but was flattering nonetheless. 'Wayne Wayne' is definitely our most defined song, the rest are mostly aimless/wandering sounding.

If anyone likes what they hear, PM me and ill send you any/all of the months for free.

heres a more detailed site:

http://patternbased.com/projects/thenoun/

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i like it!!

• montymonty 420 Posts
    love the vocal on "Submoronic Homesick..." and, yes, it's not "Rocket Science"

shit is gonna get even more complicated for us in the next couple weeks. with carter already living in sioux city, nash will be moving to iowa city. all three of us will be living in different cities. can we pull it off? i have no idea, but we're gonna try our goddamn hardest.
    man, makes me think how grateful i am for Stones Throw. they made SR happen - the only real way there is - $$$$$.

i have to give Phil, Carl, John, and Vinnie royalty checks because of Stones Throw - we're "together" now MORE than 69.

just do your thing the best you can - you never know what might happen.

• Hello
    I am to make my first post with some funky musics from my band
    we record live one pass to analog

Thanks and soulstrut is Godlove

Here is a link for your reference:

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1AYLPOV8U0SWN05KCXATMUTDX9

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    how long you been playing Ako?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    how long you been playing Ako?

ive been playing seriously for like 4 years now..

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    sweet, you sounded pretty nice on those tracks. if my band ever records anything ill post it

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

YELLOW

FL JAM

IMPROV ONLY

• one man band weirdness

Here
    Myspace

More of a real band. Click on the juke box. Play drums on most of those. Keys and vox on the live tracks here. We haven't played together in a while though...

TALLBOBSMOKE the band

Oh there's the video too

• www.mealsforwheels.com/soulstrut/summertime.mp3

this was "recorded" (thanks to the guy who made this sound like kenny g, but it was mixed for live audience and just taped by accident) at a live gig we played in 2001

www.mealsforwheels.com/soulstrut/a_rumor.mp3
    www.mealsforwheels.com/soulstrut/an_idiot.mp3

these are two files from my one man project called "the decker theory", where i played all instruments. most stuff is improvisation to a poetry book which i made in 2003. the whole prints / audio / exhibition stuff is at www.themightyfew.com/thedeckertheory/

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    this is a "band" of me and my buddy Yan from quebec called The Real. Recorded this live off the floor at my buddies studio.

Im on the drums and the left channel guitar he's on the bass and the right channel guitar.

keys and effects added post session.

this is gonna be on the next Prize 12".

www.prizerecords.com/audio/designerdreams(roughmix).mp3

• this band has officially broken up. Theres murmurings of carrying on with the Organ and Bass dudes.

www.myspace.com/civilizedage

• Theres murmurings of carrying on with the Organ and Bass dudes.

Naw, for real B we muss trade CDs soon!
    Find a drummer and get crackin on something too.

here's my band, sometimes we cover Zeppelin un-ironically,
    but also we have 37 original songs:

www.myspace.com/mrrudyday

www.rudyday.com

• Theres murmurings of carrying on with the Organ and Bass dudes.

Naw, for real B we muss trade CDs soon!
    Find a drummer and get crackin on something too.

here's my band, sometimes we cover Zeppelin un-ironically,
    but also we have 37 original songs:

www.myspace.com/mrrudyday

www.rudyday.com

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    The last band I was in broke up in october & I don't have anything of note saved on my computer, but I do have a recording of me doing Dark End Of The Street from a few months back, I did it basically because I love the song & love playing it. I sat down over a couple days & knocked out half a dozen old country & soul songs, and one Ataris cover??? with the possibility of giving CDs to my family for xmas, but I didn't do anymore than the basics, maybe next year... Anyways, I'm toying with the idea of putting drums, bass & keys on it, but at the moment I'm really liking just the acoustic guitar & vocals thing. What do you guys think?
    The Dark End Of The Street

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Really not my band, and it's over ten years old, but it's remained one of my favorite songs.

My dear friend and musical inspiration played me this song in his living room one afternoon. We were in high school. We were in a punk band together. I came from the bad houses. He lived in a nice house, went to Catholic school, and had piano lessons all growing up. Used to let me crash at his place when I couldn't go to mine.

An unfortunate set of circumstances had fallen on his family; a family, who, in my experience, had "everything." His two-year-old niece had fallen into their pool at a family party and drown. It was a freak accident. Around the same time, his uncle was dying of Lou Gherig???s disease. There was a dark cloud over a home that I normally found full of love.

Around this time, he and I were sitting around his living room one day after school and I asked him to play something on piano (I liked listening to him play). He launched into a song he had just written. He hadn't played the song for anyone before. By the end of it he was crying, and screaming.... At God, I suppose.

Some seven or eight years later, I was playing guitar in a band with a woman who was a singer. I asked my dude if she and I could cover the song about his family. He obliged. The woman and I recorded a few songs at a practice one evening. This song was one of them. It turns out that was the last time she and I ever played together. The next week she was attacked and had her head smashed in a car door.

I don't listen to it very often, but I can still see my friend sitting at his piano crying his heart out. It gives me chills to think about. That's the best kind of song.

I was the best man at his wedding a few years ago. I got to hold his mom backstage when she cried just before the ceremony. We shared all sorts of stories about the frivolity of youth. It felt nice to finally be able to do something for a family that did so much to keep me afloat through my roughest years.

Here it is.

[color:#666666]
    God, I will forgive you
    You'll do what you want to
    But I can't believe anymore

It's wrong, to sit and pretend to
    Adore and obey you
    When I can't believe anymore

You've taken my family away
    She was just a two-year-old baby

I've thought, and I know you hate me
    And the two-year-old baby
    That you stole from my grandmother's arms

I've fought, and I know you've taken
    The only ones that love me
    How can I believe anymore?

You've taken my family away
    And now he's got a disease
    And now he can't walk anymore
    And now he can't talk anymore
    And soon he won't love anymore

[/color]

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Definitely not a band, but here's some audio from middle school students that I'm teaching a Saturday video class to. There are three different academic chants they preform (popular songs with adapted lyrics), along with a really ill step dance done by three of the ladies and an impromptu cover of a Mario song! Just a bunch of kids with a microphone in front of them...what could be any more charming?

Just one sound warning, there's loud laughter at the 2:55 mark.

The next step is for us to make music videos of the chants. Filming on that begins in two weeks.

Now presenting: North Philly Reality