A1 story

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
stopped in a1 today real quick. a friend of mine was trying to get to the reggae section when he accidentally bumped into a guy. he said excuse me, but the guy's reaction was classic:"don't come in here on some bullshit".we all laughed, amir looked confused, and i was on my way.

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

"don't come in here on some bullshit".
    Haha, that's great. I love when randoms come in on some nice slang. I'm going to a dinner party tonight with some suite-and-ties. If they say something remotely ridiculous, that line will be used

• @ the story

next time you're in NYC though pop your head in and say hi. I'm around the corner from a-1, etc....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I was at a pizza spot the other night, and wanted some pepper, which was on the table next to me, but not mine. I stepped over and said to the dude sitting there, "mind if I grab that pepper for a second?"

Dude was all quiet for a second, not looking at me, and then, still not looking up, says real slow & low: "Man, I don't give a FUCK. Keep that shit."

Dudes who have to roll hard as fuck, even when it's just some borrow-the-pepper shit, boy they crack me up.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    johhny.....ya know after i walked back to the car i was like..man i should have hit you up. i went to ttl and forgot to get some damn 45 cones...you got em?

• Nope that's all TTL!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I was at a pizza spot the other night, and wanted some pepper, which was on the table next to me, but not mine. I stepped over and said to the dude sitting there, "mind if I grab that pepper for a second?"

Dude was all quiet for a second, not looking at me, and then, still not looking up, says real slow & low: "Man, I don't give a FUCK. Keep that shit."

Dudes who have to roll hard as fuck, even when it's just some borrow-the-pepper shit, boy they crack me up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    Nope that's all TTL!

you gets no cone dawg.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

"don't come in here on some bullshit".

i want to say ive said and/or heard that said before, im having deja vu

• what's up holmes? how are you? what day was this? I am trying to remember this event. wouldn't be the first time some clown came in the store.
    amir

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Yo, I'm pretty sure that was me.

• A few years ago I was in Philly for a show at the Electric Factory. Before the concert we went to this slighly sketchy cheesesteak joint for a bite. There were all kinds of folks loitering about this place and as I ordered this guys says to me (very loudly) "I wouldn't have ordered that if I were you?!?" Got my food and got the hell out of there.

• I was at a record[/b] spot the other night, and wanted some pepper, which was on the table next to me, but not mine. I stepped over and said to the dude sitting there, "mind if I grab that argentinian jazz LP[/b] for a second?"

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    There's this hot dog place across the street from Gramaphone Records in Chicago that is reknowned for having some of the most crude people on the face of the earth, dishing out some of the dirtiest language imaginable. One time my friend was going on a Chicago-hot dog treatise, saying that a friend could not -- COULD NOT EVER -- have ketchup on his dog, when this woman looks at him from behind the counter and said, "This guy's a motherfuckin' connoisseur with this shit."

Another time at that place, a friend of mine got into a full-scale foodfight, soaked in orange soda.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Demon Dogs. They were on the Up All Night with Dave Attell show.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    I was at a record[/b] spot the other night, and wanted some pepper, which was on the table next to me, but not mine. I stepped over and said to the dude sitting there, "mind if I grab that argentinian jazz LP[/b] for a second?"

you forgot to change "some pepper" to "some argentinian jazz LPs"

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    There's this hot dog place across the street from Gramaphone Records in Chicago that is reknowned for having some of the most crude people on the face of the earth, dishing out some of the dirtiest language imaginable. One time my friend was going on a Chicago-hot dog treatise, saying that a friend could not -- COULD NOT EVER -- have ketchup on his dog, when this woman looks at him from behind the counter and said, "This guy's a motherfuckin' connoisseur with this shit."

Another time at that place, a friend of mine got into a full-scale foodfight, soaked in orange soda.

The Weiner Circle? yessssss. that place is steady

i'm not even that into dogs but WC is still

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    oh yeah Weiner Circle. I went in there in 99' or so with a buddy, and he was this little short scrawny 18 year old white kid, hollerin at this big 40 something 250 LB. black girl that was working there, and she was talkin nasty as hell to him, asking him for $$, and sayin for him to pick her up after work and hump her, etc. In front of like 6 other customers nonetheless. He was one of those dudes that hits on every single girl that enters his eye sight, like spontaneously.

Anyways, I miss Demon Dogs. I heard they went bankrupt.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    oh yeah Weiner Circle. I went in there in 99' or so with a buddy, and he was this little short scrawny 18 year old white kid, hollerin at this big 40 something 250 LB. black girl that was working there, and she was talkin nasty as hell to him, asking him for $$, and sayin for him to pick her up after work and hump her, etc. In front of like 6 other customers nonetheless[/b]. He was one of those dudes that hits on every single girl that enters his eye sight, like spontaneously.

That most definitely is the spot.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

That takes me back to my high school days cruising around that area. We used to rock this pizza place called My Pi all the time. We went there so often, they served us booze when we were 16. Nice! Pot Belly's was the best spot for sure. My skating homie Jesse Neuhaus used to work there. Best sando's ever! [/off topic]

I don't remember Demon Dogs though. Was that there in 96?

DJ Ferrari