Pat Robertson--Profesional Shit-Disturber

2»

Comments

• I mean, ignore Lumin. He's a white guy with dreadlocks that like to use "nigger/nigga" alot. Anyone like that is straight .

Trustafundian strut no doubt.

Jaaaaah!!! Trust-a-fund-I!!!

"Bun a fiyah 'pon di 'ole a funnybwoy dem innai name of 'Oly Immanuel I, Ni99uh!!"

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Ahh, I see now. He's just KEEPIN' IT SIZZLA

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Ahh, I see now. He's just KEEPIN' IT SIZZLA

• Not defending him, ....but it does say that in the bible doesnt it?

Actually it doesn't - at least in the particular context of Israel 2006, or, specifically, Israel as a nation-state from 1948 on. The Israel that the Bible refers to (or the people that Elohim is talking to) is not a nation-state and it certainly didn't consist of the groups of people that the present day nation of Israel consists of. The ancient Israelites were most likely a very different ethinicity from the current mix of Sephardic and Ashkenazy tribes represented today.

So basically, no, the Bible doesn't really have anything to say about the status of Israel, and as a Christian myself I am usually quite embarassed to be associated with the types of Christians who are overly concerned with Zionism and the state of Israel (in so far as using Biblical precedence as a motive).

I just want to add that I usually am afraid of voicing my Christian perspectives on this site mostly because people immediately associate me with um, Pat Robertson. Oh God, the horror.

• It's nice to hear the real speak. Thanks for untwisting that up for us.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    this is funny to me
    and im not talkin about what robertson said because i believe what he said
    whats funny to me is that here is a christian man quoting what the bible says and you folks jump on with the insults
    number 1) that article is definitely biased to make robertson look really bad. the people chosen to speak against pat are freakin liberals! what do you expect! they are going to trash whatever a christian man in the spotlight will say. somewhere way down in the article you get someone from robertson's camp explaining what he meant.
    number 2) mandrew nice way to call people stupid for believing what they do. i wont let someone disrespect my intelligence because they feel that the way they think is superior to my way. i know it aint very christian like but the next time i see a fag or a fag lover thread, and all you people that are disrespectin in this thread get on to defend that, its on. think about that.
    and in response to that quote after 9/11, if you cant see that happenin in our country you are severely blinded. this countries morals are in a downward spiral.

peace between israel and palestine is not happening. regardless of how much you want it. it will be isaac against ishmael until this world ends.

oh and just a lil tidbit on chavez. that is a really bad dude. if you dont know, do your homework

bye

Hey trustafundian fuckbwoy...

Alot of people on this board have friends, family members, etc. who are "fags" some of us might even be "fags" ourselves. I dare you to come to NY and pop that hateful shit. You will get mashed the fuck out and you'll deserve it. A "fag" ain't never done shit to me, but bigots like you, that's another story....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    this is funny to me
    and im not talkin about what robertson said because i believe what he said
    whats funny to me is that here is a christian man quoting what the bible says and you folks jump on with the insults
    number 1) that article is definitely biased to make robertson look really bad. the people chosen to speak against pat are freakin liberals! what do you expect! they are going to trash whatever a christian man in the spotlight will say. somewhere way down in the article you get someone from robertson's camp explaining what he meant.
    number 2) mandrew nice way to call people stupid for believing what they do. i wont let someone disrespect my intelligence because they feel that the way they think is superior to my way. i know it aint very christian like but the next time i see a fag or a fag lover thread, and all you people that are disrespectin in this thread get on to defend that, its on. think about that.
    and in response to that quote after 9/11, if you cant see that happenin in our country you are severely blinded. this countries morals are in a downward spiral.

peace between israel and palestine is not happening. regardless of how much you want it. it will be isaac against ishmael until this world ends.

oh and just a lil tidbit on chavez. that is a really bad dude. if you dont know, do your homework

bye

Hey trustafundian fuckbwoy...

Alot of people on this board have friends, family members, etc. who are "fags" some of us might even be "fags" ourselves. I dare you to come to NY and pop that hateful shit. You will get mashed the fuck out and you'll deserve it. A "fag" ain't never done shit to me, but bigots like you, that's another story....

UMAD, thank you.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Not defending him, ....but it does say that in the bible doesnt it?

I just want to add that I usually am afraid of voicing my Christian perspectives on this site mostly because people immediately associate me with um, Pat Robertson. Oh God, the horror.

with 22 posts, it seems like you're afraid of voicing your perspective on anything

• with 22 posts, it seems like you're afraid of voicing your perspective on anything

hahaha... true true... I've actually had another screenname... years ago, not many posts either... just changed it because I lost my password...

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Robertson Links Sharon's Stroke to Wrath[/b]

By SONJA BARISIC, Associated Press Writer
    Thursday, January 5, 2006

(01-05) 14:06 PST Norfolk, Va. (AP) --

Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for "dividing God's land."[/b]

"God considers this land to be his," Robertson said on his TV program "The 700 Club.""You read the Bible and he says `This is my land,' and for any prime minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says, `No, this is mine.'"

Actually, I think that was the Indians, wasn't it? And then the Christians who came took it and divided it up. Hmm.

[i]Moving on, Pat Roberson shifted the topic to whether or not Jesus was actually white, even though he was born in the Middle East. Once again consulting his Magio 8-Ball, he shook mightily and waited for the reply: "Signs point to yes."
    "A-ha! It is true! Jesus WAS white. I have definitive proof. The Magic 8-Ball does not lie. It was God's will!"/I>

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Not defending him, ....but it does say that in the bible doesnt it?

Actually it doesn't - at least in the particular context of Israel 2006, or, specifically, Israel as a nation-state from 1948 on. The Israel that the Bible refers to (or the people that Elohim is talking to) is not a nation-state and it certainly didn't consist of the groups of people that the present day nation of Israel consists of. The ancient Israelites were most likely a very different ethinicity from the current mix of Sephardic and Ashkenazy tribes represented today.

So basically, no, the Bible doesn't really have anything to say about the status of Israel, and as a Christian myself I am usually quite embarassed to be associated with the types of Christians who are overly concerned with Zionism and the state of Israel (in so far as using Biblical precedence as a motive).

thanks, thats sort of what i was looking for. Id like to consider my self a christian as well, but ive really never read the whole bible, so I dont know if im really that qualified.

Just to clear it up, christians are concerned with zionism and the state of isreal because thats where the apocolypse and the rapture is supposed to go down and shit right?

• Just to clear it up, christians are concerned with zionism and the state of isreal because thats where the apocolypse and the rapture is supposed to go down and shit right?

Ehh.. SOME Christians are concerned with Zionism mostly because of Old Testament prophecies during the exile to Babylon and King David's exile from Zion. These prophecies often involve a prophet quoting God as saying that the Israelites will be returned to Mount Zion and restored. Also, Christians sometimes look to David's triumphant return to Zion as a sign of God's desire for Israelites to inherit specific land-space.

HOWEVER, any Christian worth their salt in theology should be able to look at Scripture and, post Christ-resurrection, be able to determine that these prophecies, as far as their relevancy for us are concerned, are but allusions to the greater "Zion" that is to come, or heaven. Misinterpreted literally, those prophecies often lead to zealotism and ideology that can downward spiral into war ideology (or, depending on whose side you're on- terrorism).

Regarding Armegeddon- some interpreters have looked at Scripture as pointing to the land of Israel as the actual place where the last battle will begin. This is based on a literal interpretation of battles cited by John as taking place on Mt. Meggido or Har-Meggido as it's called in Ancient Hebrew (I believe it's Hebrew, not sure). I've been to Meggido and believe me, there are no battles taking place in 2006. It's really a metaphor of a final spritual battle.

In other words, some people watching the 700 Club need to chiiilll out a bit and listen to some raers, pop a bottle of Chimay and light up a bowl of sweet tobacco.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Robertson Links Sharon's Stroke to Wrath[/b]

By SONJA BARISIC, Associated Press Writer
    Thursday, January 5, 2006

(01-05) 14:06 PST Norfolk, Va. (AP) --

Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for "dividing God's land."[/b]

"God considers this land to be his," Robertson said on his TV program "The 700 Club.""You read the Bible and he says `This is my land,' and for any prime minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says, `No, this is mine.'"

Actually, I think that was the Indians, wasn't it? And then the Christians who came took it and divided it up. Hmm.

[i]Moving on, Pat Roberson shifted the topic to whether or not Jesus was actually white, even though he was born in the Middle East. Once again consulting his Magio 8-Ball, he shook mightily and waited for the reply: "Signs point to yes."
    "A-ha! It is true! Jesus WAS white. I have definitive proof. The Magic 8-Ball does not lie. It was God's will!"/I>

Graf one day we will fight the ills of the world together.

I hope to be the Gary to your Ace