BOX

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
hey family! everyone good? awesome. everyone still fighting about nothing and everything? faaantastic.well ive been neglecting you my pretties so here's a lil thing i was thinking about whilst walking down wilshire at my new jobby! yes new job, but that's neither here nor there...WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE BOX? is this not popular anymore? maybe its just not popular in LA. i mean, ok, there's something really odd about folks walking down the blvd with ipods attached to their heads. even on the buses, man them shits are real quiet down here. everyone got wires coming out their heads. no more box. WTF! i miss hearing andre nickatina on the 7, gangsta flea on the 21 blown tweakers and all. rockin them tapes. LA needs to embrace the fuckin box already. no?

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    no

• ABSOLUTELY

• hattboxer!

well, im always entertained by the box. but now that i think about it, it is pretty entertaining to watch white folks walking down the street bobbing their heads to nothing at all.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    KARAOKE BOX?

• KARAOKE BOX?

genius! take the artform to the people!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    KARAOKE BOX?

genius! take the artform to the people!!!

I think I've seen 'em at Costco.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    where do you work now?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    no

• a breast and cervical cancer clinic. save all the jokes guys, im at work and it aint funny to these folls.

speaking of which, marklatency, i heard on kimmel last night that linlo is doing nekkid pics now. true? i figured you would be able to debunk any myths...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    not sure about the pix but I know she is talking about drugs and bulimia

• Damn Abuelito, I thought youse was talking about the music channel The Box, where you could call up and pay for music videos. They had all the 2 Live Crew classics and Sir Mix-a-lot's "Put'em on the glass" video. It had the corny animation between songs where there would be a The Box logo jumping out of a box. For a while they would charge it to your phone bill and you could call up from a dude's house you didn't really know and then after ordering ten videos without him knowing it, you would casually say "Hey turn The Box on, lets see what they have on" and it would be NWA's "100 Miles and Running," followed by Snoop videos, L.O.N.S., and Brand Nubian. You'd steal some from homies mom's stash and wile out. Then dude was all, "man, whoever ordered those videos did a good job!" while you were all cracking up. Whatever happened to that shit?! That was the best.

• haha! we had that in THE NO[/b] but it kinda sucked cuz it would be 8 hours of "nuthin but a g thing" followed by 6 hours of fugi's "city of fresno" and then back to 8 hrs of g thing. my dad knew one of the dudes in the city of fresno video. that shit was low budget as hell. but yeah, the box was cool. i wish they woulda showed more "put em on the glass" but folks just dont have good taste in fresno.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    It had the corny animation between songs where there would be a The Box logo jumping out of a box. For a while they would charge it to your phone bill and you could call up from a dude's house you didn't really know and then after ordering ten videos without him knowing it, you would casually say "Hey turn The Box on, lets see what they have on" and it would be NWA's "100 Miles and Running," followed by Snoop videos, L.O.N.S., and Brand Nubian. You'd steal some from homies mom's stash and wile out. Then dude was all, "man, whoever ordered those videos did a good job!" while you were all cracking up. Whatever happened to that shit?! That was the best.

you dick!

• ha! That was probably one dude who ordered nothin but a g thing, nad saying "Its not playing, let me try again" until he tried forty times, like "yeah ok its on now!" Same thing with the fugi dude, fucking bay area stoners, that shits just too potent out there.

So you meant boom boxes on the bus? The other day I got on the 6 train and some dude was blasting Yvonne Eilman's "If I Can't Have you, I don't want nobody baby." He was brown baging a 22 of O.E. and jamming. You know that part when the hook hits, he was all swingin his head side to side. Oh yeah, dude was in a black leather jacket, long black hair in a pony tail, bandana, and a bunch of chains. That real schitt!!!

• you dick!

Noz, I'm coming over to your house and callin all my friends in Alaska, Italy, China, and South Africa, on some "Don't worry dude, I'm just calling one of my friends in Newark."
    Next, maybe we can call the Philly pen, we got business!

• "NOW I KNOW YA'LL TRIPPIN"

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Hi Shig!

This one can play doo-wop records!

• sup chan! how was new years? you eat your soba and mochi?

hey folks, ever notice that whitefolks with boxes are generally nuts? like they usually got that shit strapped up to their 10 speeds blasting reba mcentire flying the stars and stripes with like 2 or 3 bike bells on the handle bars. there was this old dude in clovis that had a grown-up trike with a box and a big ass "drive slow" sign on his back basket. we used to throw water balloons and rotten eggplants at him when he'd roll around our neighborhood. anyways, see yall in hell!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    sup chan! how was new years? you eat your soba and mochi?

Hai! osechi ryori tabeta! Sugoi Nihonshu mo nonda! Shig, Oshogatsu omedeto gozaimasu!!!!!!!!!

• sugee na! oishi so! goddamn presentation looks ridiculous. dude my bachan hooked it up as she does every year. plus one of my step-uncles is a fish buyer so the sakana is always on point. got kinda sick off the sake this year tho. anyways oshogatsu rules!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    not sure about the pix but I know she is talking about drugs and bulimia

she will never go naked...

she has too many freckles!!!

dear mork,

lub,
    mandrew