BLING

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    That was a powerful piece, Day. Thanks for coming thru and enlightening us.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    You're welcome. It's something for all of us to think about.

*bump*

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    You're welcome. It's something for all of us to think about.

*bump*

Funny enough this guy knows a lot about mining in Africa. hmmmm.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    but at the end of the day, who is going to tell their fiance that they're not getting a diamond ring because of their believes? Not many I'll tell you that...

unfortunately it's a long standing social tradition that has been ingrained into our minds by the diamond industry.

• but at the end of the day, who is going to tell their fiance that they're not getting a diamond ring because of their believes? Not many I'll tell you that...

unfortunately it's a long standing social tradition that has been ingrained into our minds by the diamond industry.

Buy estate jewelry from an era that predates blood diamonds. You usually get more bang for your buck that way, anyhow.

Thank God my wife wanted estate jewelry.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    but at the end of the day, who is going to tell their fiance that they're not getting a diamond ring because of their believes? Not many I'll tell you that...

Buy estate jewelry from an era that predates blood diamonds. You usually get more bang for your buck that way, anyhow.

Thank God my wife wanted estate jewelry.

Did you buy her estate lingerie too? Fany granny.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I gave my girl a diamond ring that has been in my family since the late 19th century. She's anti diamond in general on some anti-capitalistic/materialistic shit, and has always told me that she would never want me to get a diamond, but when I got down on my knee and presented it to her this past August, she changed her mind.

Once again, where is the "REAL SPEAK" graemlin?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it's like chocolate, girls will front but you put a box of godivas in their face and it'll be gobble gobble.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I gave my girl a diamond ring that has been in my family since the late 19th century. She's anti diamond in general on some anti-capitalistic/materialistic shit, and has always told me that she would never want me to get a diamond, but when I got down on my knee and presented it to her this past August, she changed her mind.

I've bought my wife diamonds a few times but I think i'll get her a giant piece of turqouise to wrap around her wrist from now on.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

congradumalations motherfucker!

• this is the reason why I haven't been able to listen to 90% of contemporary hip hop for the last 6 or 7 years. I think lil dude at the end said it best:

"...most rappers are black, so they should be supporting those Africans..."

Any NYC heads remember when Bobbito first started his party at APT about 5 years back? No gold or diamonds were allowed in objection to the diamond industry.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I'd rather go naked than wear diamonds.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    my wife specifically noted that diamonds were never to be an option. This was great, as i feel exactly the same way. They are truly born of blood, and really not even that precious or rare a stone. It really is some industry push. However AlienIverson, the ring you gave your girl had history and that counts for so much more than just the diamond. Nice move to give her that, and congrats as well.

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts