GOING FOR BAROQUE

BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I CAN FIX IT BY WITHDRAWING[/b]I WEAKEN YOUR ATTACK[/b]SHE LOVES THE STARS TOO MUCH TO BE AFRAID OF THE NIGHT[/b]"We are not very clean, rigid, straightforward, or in-your-face. We are atmospheric, thick, low, fuzzy, furry, wet, repetetive, droning, and round."MY BEST UNBEATEN BROTHER[/b]

Comments

• SHINU MADE[/b]

• A HREF="http://sulley.dm.ucf.edu/~aschrock/blog/dali.mp3">~~~~~~------______

http://www.hps.cam.ac.uk/starry/sacrobookslrg.jpg" height="480" width="480" alt="" />

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

I know nothing and I'm overjoyed[/b]

MIGHT STAY GONE...[/b]

Servant of all and servant to none[/b]

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Night of the Bleeding Stars has been my soundtrack for a few days now. So beautiful. Here's to expanded horizons, and captured moments from crickets to wood creaking noise.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    All is - in discord.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

All is - in discord.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

"Beautiful brother of mine..."

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

[color:white] Goodnight, soulstrut [/color]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    "There are but two books written: a man goes on a journey and a stranger comes to town."

A MAN GOES ON A JOURNEY[/b]

"Everyone had always said that John would be a preacher when he grew up, just like his father."
    -- J. Baldwin from GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN

A STRANGER COMES TO TOWN[/b]

"When I was three and Bailey was four, we had arrived in the musty little town, wearing tags on our wrists which instructed - "To Whom It May Concern" - that we were Marguerite and Bailey Johnson Jr., from Long Beach, California, en route to Stamps, Arkansas, c/o Mrs. Annie Henderson."
    -- M. Angelou from I KNOW WHY THE CAGED BIRD SINGS

"As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams, he found himself transformed into a giant insect."
    -- F. Kafka from THE METAMORPHOSIS

"It was a queer, sultry summer, the summer they electrocuted the Rosenbergs, and I didn't know what I was doing in New York."
    -- S. Plath from THE BELL JAR

"Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buend??a was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice."
    -- G.G. Marquez from ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE

"It was dark by the time I reached Bonn, and I forced myself not to succumb to the series of mechanical actions which had taken hold of me in five years of traveling back and forth: down the station steps, up the station steps, put down my suitcase, take my ticket out of my coat pocket, pick up my suitcase, hand in my ticket, cross over to the newstand, buy the evening newspaper, go outside and signal for a taxi."
    -- H. Boll from CLOWNS

"I am an invisible man."
    -- J. Baldwin from INVISIBLE MAN

This Post Kills Fascists

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I AM NOT A TEACHER

WE ARE NOT NUMBERS

I AM NOT SUBJECT TO YOUR PRECONCEPTIONS

We shall not try to make any of these people or any of their children into philosophers or men of learning or men of science. We have not to raise up among them authors, educators, poets or men of letters. We shall not search for embryo great artists, painters, musicians, nor lawyers, doctors, preachers, politicians, statesmen, of whom we have ample supply. The task we set before ourselves is very simple... we will organize children... and teach them to do in a perfect way what the things their fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way.

- The Rockerfeller Education Board (a major backer of the movement for compulsory public schooling). 1906.

I AM PROUD OF MY VOICE

[Schools should be factories] in which raw product, children, are to be shaped and formed into finished products... manufactured like nails, and the specifications for manufacturing will come from government and industry.

Elwood Cubberly (who later became Dean of Education at Stanford), 1906.

I AM NOT HERE TO LAUNCH CULTURE ON TO THE NOVELTY MARKET

WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON?

[/b]