Hardest, Funkiest end2end Gospel Record?

13»

Comments

• Wow--great post, J****n

I was reading dude's ISH the other day and was gonna do an appreciation post... the old coot beat me to it though.

Dude is the most dudest of these record dudes, straight sharing the knowledge and the vinyls as well.

I can count a few records in this post alone that he hipped me to and in turn I hipped others to... the soulstrut massive owes a lot of debt to this man.

• Justin, damn, thank you for that amazing post. Soooo much knowledge dropped. I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to the gospel but these are some I have enjoyed finding out in the "field":

• the soulstrut massive owes a lot of debt to this man. [/b]

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I passed on that Ramda Singers Lp before. How is it?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Wow--great post, J****n

I was reading dude's ISH the other day and was gonna do an appreciation post... the old coot beat me to it though.

Dude is the most dudest of these record dudes, straight sharing the knowledge and the vinyls as well.

I can count a few records in this post alone that he hipped me to and in turn I hipped others to... the soulstrut massive owes a lot of debt to this man.

Coshniggle.

That Andrea Vereen, thank for hipping peeps who hipped me.

Shit is pure bloody fire. One of the few gospel LP's where "Jesus" is mentioned by name that I can still get down with.

Now wheres that Jew Funk?

• Wow--great post, J****n

Coshniggle.

Shit is pure bloody fire. One of the few gospel LP's where "Jesus" is mentioned by name that I can still get down with.

Looks like someone from Soulstrut just caught this album for a good price: simply_great_collectro_of_raer_fall_back_son

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    I passed on that Ramda Singers Lp before. How is it?

say

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

thanks jinx! incredible post!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Wow--great post, J****n

Coshniggle.

Looks like someone from Soulstrut just caught this album for a good price: simply_great_collectro_of_raer_fall_back_son

That's a double so if anybody needs one. I needed to Mint up.

It's up for trade. Highest recomendation. Every tracks a banger, and it was the inspiration for dropping this post originally.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

thanks jinx! incredible post!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

also here's my meager contribution of gospel joints, warning bizzo: these are not end to end funk burners.

i think i've mentioned soulifters here before, it has one of the most beautiful takes on "people get ready" i've ever heard. True Genesis has one pound ost-ish happyfunkygospel cut and some nice traditional numbers. JC white is pretty dope top to bottom, very soulful. voices supreme is more traditional, but a very good listen with a nice breakdown.

also have you guys ever encountered a birthright pressing of yield not? i got a sealed with seam copy a few weeks back. late 70s/80s?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Have slept on this thread

Anyone know of Somebody say Hallelujah strk (Blue cover with B&W pics)

Rather expensive but wanted to pick it up