How Come No West Va Miner Post?!

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
How come? Yall don't have love for dudes working in a coalmine their whole lives? What makes me sad about this one, besides the false information, is the fact that most of those dudes who died were old, the average age being around 50 from memory. That's a hard knock life. Moment of silence batches.

Comments

• West Virginia, Kentucky, these are rough places to live now. A lot of these rural towns have almost no hope already. The media needs to calm down. RIP

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I did part of my growing up (age 1-8) in the next county, about 15 miles from Sago, in Elkins, and I used to listen to the mine shift reports on my brothers little transistor radio, telling which shifts would work, which wouldn't, which mines were open and closed. Kinda the WV version of the ag reports you hear in the midwest. You'd hear all the time about floods and collapses and fires/explosions.

Hard living. Much respect to them. Bless.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I caught the 'this just in' false survival story late last night... folks on the scene kept saying it was a 'miracle'... utterly depressing hearing the real news today...

• my officemate is from WV and her brother in law died in a cave in in the 70s. She's a little shook today.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    The false report of the coal miners surviving was horrible. I feel for the families.

• Sad. I'm wondering is the one guy that survived is gonna live.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    West Virginia, Kentucky, these are rough places to live now. A lot of these rural towns have almost no hope already. The media needs to calm down. RIP

It's all about telemarketing in those spots now. The people in those towns will go all out because it's the only job they can get. I worked at a place that had a bunch of locations in WV and they used to "compete" the offices ... ours always got crushed.