Jack Abramoff (NRR)

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I just heard about this. Will Jack Abramoff sing? Who's going down with him?Jack looked like gangster from the 30s dressed up when he left the court...How big is this in the media in the States?Dress

Comments

• Who's going down with him?

Apparently more than a dozen members of the republican leadership. This news makes me very happy.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I just heard about this. Will Jack Abramoff sing? Who's going down with him?

Jack looked like gangster from the 30s dressed up when he left the court...

How big is this in the media in the States?

Dress

Its the biggest thing ever. People are gathered outside electronic store windows watching it all unfold, transfixed, by the television sets in the displays. Newsies are hawking late edition specials, and its the buzz around all the water collers.

Its like when Lucy had little Ricky.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Who's going down with him?

Apparently more than a dozen members of the republican leadership. This news makes me very happy.

as happy as when a bomb goes off in Iraq? Cousin Lefty?

• Who's going down with him?

as happy as when a bomb goes off in Iraq? Cousin Lefty?

Oh bitch please.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    After hearing about all the bullshit this guy pulled off for so long its satisfying to hear that charges are actually being filed... I don't think he wanted to plead guilty but it was too obvious not to...

Oh and he didn't only work with republicans, though many big ones are tied to him (Delay called him a "best friend"!?!)

• I hope the entire Republican "leadership" goes down with this guy. Not holding my breath though.

• I hope the entire Republican "leadership" goes down with this guy. Not holding my breath though.

eggzactly...why do you think they stack the courts? Are recent supreme court nominations going to impeach the mofo that just lobbied to get him or her (but probably him) there?

Hopefully tho, at least fucking Delay will get ousted and go back to what does best...being a pest exterminator.

$??

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Abramoff will sing big time because he has some deep shit to get out of, including murder, so he'll flip like a circus monkey. They should put every damn one of them in the James Traficant wing of some Federal Prison in Ohio.

When I first moved to Texas in the late 70's I met a guy who had made his livliehood being a con-artist.....serious scams at $10,000 - $100,000 a clip. He told me the best scam he ever had was being a Preacher....people threw money at him....he also told me the only scam better than that was becoming a Politician....but it took too much work.

I'm almost happy to see a supposed Mob figure being tied to these guys too....since the Mafia operates with more loyalty, integrity and honesty than most of our politicians....it would be an improvement.

The murder of Gus Boulis which is tied to this case is the stuff movies are made of.

• Personally I think Democrats are barely marginally more noble than republicans as far as working with lobbyists is concerned.

However anything is a step up right now. If this gets the general public to question what goes on in Washington and start asking sorely needed questions, it's got to be

• Personally I think Democrats are barely marginally more noble than republicans as far as working with lobbyists is concerned.

that argument seems to be the republican taking point memo of the moment (not that you're necessarily sharing their viewpoints, just sayin'). That the republicrats are acting just like the demoblicans. But according to Mike Malloy, my fave personality on Air america, there is some SIGNIFICANT differences. While 'the pig' (Rush) and the 'piglet' (Hannity) will insist that everyone is guilty, the facts remain that Ambramoff directly bribed and/or bought votes directly ONLY with REPUBLICANS. While both sides have gotten money from groups Ambramoff represents (such as fucked over indian tribes), that is not outside the law. And many of these lawmakers are giving back the money.

The real slim shady schitt was up golfing trips to scotland ('I was their to visit the parliment'--who wasn't in session) and fun fun fun in sunny Saipan (where the sweatshops have 'made in the USA' on the tag and the prostitutes are a wee bit young).

And doing it all those hookup for some prid quo pro basis, buying votes or direct bribes. That's what's against the law. And there wasn't one democrat on that level, taking direct bribes. Not ONE. And that is the basis for all of this. THAT is the main point. The only people who've obviously operated outside even the loose lobbying laws are the republicans.

Democrats definitely have thier fare share of problems, but these fascist 'grand ole party' motherfuckers are way, way outta line and outta their (the democrats) league. Domestic spying? 'Trust us, we're trying to find the terrorists while eavesdropping on 80 year old quakers.' Global what? Warming? Very scary and very greedy. Welcome to the year 2000 oh sex! What an 'Intelligent Design'!

$??

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Personally I think Democrats are barely marginally more noble than republicans as far as working with lobbyists is concerned.

And when there's a scandal involving Democrats and lobbyists, I would expect there to be some outrage too, especially from those whom they represent.

BUT[/b], this is a specific case, and no matter how the current Republican leadership would love to paint this with a wide brush, this scandal is at their doorstep, period.

And yes, it would be nice to see them pay for taking advantage of their positions.