digs for the first week of the year...

13»

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    What color was the BadBrains vinyl??

• Seven bucks. And the vinyl looks unplayed. The flea markets have been rained out the last few weeks here so I've been doing more "e-digging" than usual.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

regular black vinyl with a yellow label. It's the uk press on alternative tentacles. Also came with old newspaper clippings of the band, and a couple of old flyers from their shows!!!

just stopped by my favorite shop and found this waiting nicely for me.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    great album!!!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

regular black vinyl with a yellow label. It's the uk press on alternative tentacles. Also came with old newspaper clippings of the band, and a couple of old flyers from their shows!!!

Got pics of the flyers? Can you get pics?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

Caught this soundtrack on a $7 ebay buy-it-now. I'm not usually looking for this type of thing but this is a dope record.

You got Willie Dynamite on a 7 dollar buy iT NOW???[/b]

Exactly why I will still sit there and cruise "newly listed" auctions keyword: "lp" and pick through pages of trash.
    Who says theres no such thing as "e-digging??"

Nice score.

geez
    nice one

• Hi fellas! A mixed bag!

Joe Quijano looks like Panamian press? still nice; BohannonBohannonBohannonBohannon (Tom Tom Club style); Johnny Frigo does nice jazz dance instros of popular songs!
    Ingram Kingdom kinda sucks but it was a sealed promo; Starpoint don't suck; John Braden unknown A&M sealed - saw it sell on the Bay for decent
    2 copies of Cornelius McFerson both sealed both nice; Spyce promo nice; S,P&G nice

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Got this at the junk shop too. Should I bother putting this on ebay?

• 2006 starts with some great modern soul & funk/jazz e-digs (some doubles)

plus some nice 45s incl.
    Mary Queenie Lyons - See and don't see (Deluxe)

with such a nice start, I hope it will be a MINT year

• ryanryan 334 Posts

very nice find.

• That barretto is really underrated. Long version of espiritu libre? Yes please.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    groove70s - how is that Revelation LP (the self titled one)? I passed up on it once and regretted it.

Some new 45s for me

Dave Cortez & the Moon People - Happy Soul (w/a Hook) . ddddrums
    Fein - Stonedage b/w Pollution (EPIC 7" 33 rpm). Brazilian facemelter ..woah..
    Ted Ford - I Cant Give You Up b/w Real Soul
    Wilson Simonal - Brasil, Eu Fico / Cancao #21 / Reposta / Que Cada Um Cumpra Con O Seu Dever (ODEON 7" EP) . dancefloor classics
    Gregory James Edition - Sunday Lady . nice uptempo funk
    Universal Robot Band - Dance and Shake your Tamborine . p. adams / g. carmichael classic
    The Buena Vista - The Soul Ranger b/w Kick-Back . nice funk with breaks
    Carol Jones - Problem Child b/w Don't Destroy Me . ill soul
    Love Train/Jackson Jones - Put Your Pant On b/w Feel Good . reggae funk/disco
    Sylvia & the Moments - Sho Nuff Boogie pts 1&2 . great soul
    Freak - That's What Time It is b/w Life Goes On . nice one on Blue Candle
    Willie Gresham & the Free Food Ticket - Step By Step b/w I Cried Boo-Hoo. funk w. drums
    Smile Steet People - Smile Street b/w Lypso Disco . midtempo soul funk on SSP. i like this one a lot
    Black Soul - Africa Africa b/w Black Brothers . afro funk ish
    Sons Of Slum - The Push & Pull b/w 16 Miles Of Plastic Ghetto . nice one yes
    High Voltage - Streakin' b/w Here Comes The Streaker . interpolation of soul makossa on DRIVE. nice one
    "Sugar Bear" Johnson - When Your Jones Come Down b/w inst. - really good disco funk . i prefer the inst
    Sweet Promise - I'm a Music Man b/w Funky Jungle . funky jungle is the jam..slow funk inst
    Milton Hamilton Crystalized - My Love Supreme b/w mono version . nice uptempo tune with great breaks

yes.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Recent arrivals.

When I said I got this
    I meant I got this:
    I thought the cover was the same as the whatmusic reissue. Actually the reissue's cover is better imo. The og looks like that one actor that now does all those vh1 I love the 80's stuff. What's his name again?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Luis Guzman?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Tracy Morgan?

Luis Guzman?

YES!!! Thanks.