Violent Bay Area Storms and Flooding (NRR)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
yo i just turned on the tv and they are telling people in the north bay to evacuate due to crazy flooding. the russian river is overflowing and they said in guerneville, it's expected to reach 11ft over flood stage tonite. whattup with hcrink? doesn't he live in guerneville? hope everyone and their records are safe

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    damn!!!!!!

hope y'all okay!!!!!

• Here's hoping that this won't lead to any more mold for Mr. Crinkles.

• WIKKID HOLIDAY.

condolences to those possibly in jeopardy and cheers to those otherwise.

BE YOUR OWN IN '06.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Here's hoping that this won't lead to any more mold for Mr. Crinkles.

California, I tell ya.

Yes, may Allah shine upon his record collection.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Hey, yawl, I'm OK - we are in Santa Rosa which is very near the flooding, but not in it... yet. It's been crazy ass raining here for like 2 straight weeks, and our friends who we were to spend new years eve with are "flooded in" cause lots of roads are underwater around here. But, seriously, you guys are awesome to be concerned about me!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I was walking through the Panhandle in SF today. Shit is insane. Huge fallen branches and trees everywhere. I'm an office manager for a tree service company in Berkeley and we can't handle all the emergency work coming our way.

• But, seriously, you guys are awesome to be concerned about me!

What an egomaniac.

We were concerned about your records.

HAHAHA!!!

is it flooding on SF too?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    HAHAHA!!!

Not anything I've seen. Wasn't it about a year or two ago that some watermain broke and flooded some producers house ruining his entire vinyl collection?

HAHAHA!!!

Not anything I've seen. Wasn't it about a year or two ago that some watermain broke and flooded some producers house ruining his entire vinyl collection?

oh, I kinda remember that.

• damn. My parents and my records live here. (play the video on the top right of the homepage)

yeah, Napa probably got hit pretty bad.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    dude i was walking by this wells fargo bank in albany and there was this HUGE tree at least 100 ft tall that toppled over in the parking lot. the ground was so saturated, it just uprooted and fell over. if there were any cars parked there, they would have been smashed monstertruck style.

anyway, i remember the last time there was these storms and flooding in the bay, somebody on the vinyl exchange board posted about their whole collection being in the basement and completely ruined. i felt really bad for dude

wow! yeah, I don't think I've ever seen so much rain in all my life. People that know I just moved up here keep telling me "it's not always like this". haha!

but yeah, I hope everyone & their records are OK.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    dude i was walking by this wells fargo bank in albany and there was this HUGE tree at least 100 ft tall that toppled over in the parking lot. the ground was so saturated, it just uprooted and fell over. if there were any cars parked there, they would have been smashed monstertruck style.

anyway, i remember the last time there was these storms and flooding in the bay, somebody on the vinyl exchange board posted about their whole collection being in the basement and completely ruined. i felt really bad for dude

wasn't that Kevvy Kev? That shit was ill. He was on the news.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

wasn't that Kevvy Kev? That shit was ill. He was on the news.

that's who it was! i forgot, but yeah it was like thousands of records.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I was walking through the Panhandle in SF today. Shit is insane. Huge fallen branches and trees everywhere. I'm an office manager for a tree service company in Berkeley and we can't handle all the emergency work coming our way.

Have you guys ever destroyed an ant hill, only to watch them build it right back up again? And then you destroy it again? And the next day the ants are right back at it? And so on and so forth?

Califor- er, ants are persistent.

• Califor- er, ants are persistent

It's worth it for the orgies alone.

• STAY HIGH AND DRY IN 06.