SUPERVILLAINS OF MUSIC

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    With technology it's now easier for every Tom, Dick and Joe to make and distribute his own music, thru both digital and traditional avenues. Because of this phenomenon, you have even more mediocre and less-than-mediocre trash to sift thru in order to find the few creative people making creative music that you're talking about.

I said this in the film thread, but I'm mistrustful of the idea that increased access to the market results in better product. It results in MORE product but that alone hardly guarantees an increase in quality.

To put it simpler, changes doesn't always equal progress.

• Internet music villians.

true his music has sucked since '89, but prior to that dude was writing the best metal riffs ever..."and justice for all" is a total metal riff bukkake fest...

I would like to add to the list:

Wil Oldham
    Jay Reatard
    Rich Cook
    Kelly Clarkson
    Robert Pollard
    and oh yeah,

Roy Ayres

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

the Dr. Claw[/b] of music

• Roy Ayres

story?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

To put it simpler, changes doesn't always equal progress.

Exactly. You'd think with all the Camcorders in the world, watching a movie wouldn't be a complete waste of your time. But no, they all suck.

• Chris Blackwell

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• Roy Ayres

story?

I am the resident Ayers hatter 'round these parts...he bores me

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

the Dr. Claw[/b] of music

oh my fuck.

how did I forget John Tesh?

Roy Ayres

story?

You are competing against DJ Marco Hammond. Are you up for the challenge?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Roy Ayres

story?

When you come out here you can talk to Marco about how he came to grips with this affliction and eventually got therapy and treatment...

Roy Ayres

story?

Is that a good enough reason?

• With technology it's now easier for every Tom, Dick and Joe to make and distribute his own music, thru both digital and traditional avenues. Because of this phenomenon, you have even more mediocre and less-than-mediocre trash to sift thru in order to find the few creative people making creative music that you're talking about.

We've been hearing this argument since the Internet truly became a viable media distribution channel. I've always thought it to be pretty suspect. Boo hoo, you have to look through more music/movies to get to something good.

Actually, I find it much easier now than ever to find out about excellent movies and music that fit my tastes. Not only is there more art being created, there are more people talking/writing about it. And the more they talk and write about it, the more they begin to specialize in what they are going to cover and promote. You then choose your trusted sources, just like before, and go from there. Soulstrut itself is one of these trusted sources for many people.

If increased access to production and distribution helps one artist create a masterpiece, than it's all worth it to me. The more art/creativity out there the better. "Mediocre trash" to you could be another's genius moment.

Peace,
    Cortez

• Does making boring music qualify one for Supervillain status? I thought they had to be both ubiquitous and horrible ala John Tesh, Stephen Sondheim, etc.

• Does making boring music qualify one for Supervillain status? I thought they had to be both ubiquitous and horrible ala John Tesh, Stephen Sondheim, etc.

I just like to see some folks get their rare-groove ball hairs in a twist.

Does making boring music qualify one for Supervillain status? I thought they had to be both ubiquitous and horrible ala John Tesh, Stephen Sondheim, etc.

neither of the above are necessary--they simply need to be supervillains.

Does making boring music qualify one for Supervillain status? I thought they had to be both ubiquitous and horrible ala John Tesh, Stephen Sondheim, etc.

I just like to see some folks get their rare-groove ball hairs in a twist.

I use this:

DOUBLE TRUE

• When you come out here you can talk to Marco about how he came to grips with this affliction and eventually got therapy and treatment...

Make that 2 of us. I got no love.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• neither of the above are necessary--they simply need to be supervillains.

Then I submit:

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

Then I submit:

they were already mentioned, and they are nothing more than drones

• they are nothing more than drones

what insane evil could be their mastermind?

I dont get it?

• they are nothing more than drones

He is Ron Fair, and you will all crumble under his awesome power

they are nothing more than drones