JONNY PAYCHECK - IMPALAVILLE (FINALLY) AVAILABLE!

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited December 2005 in Announcements

I have copies. $10 plus shipping. Get at me on the PM for ordering specifics. Shop owners/workers please holler at me for wholesale. I do not have distribution at this time, but I want to get it out there!

They will be at TTLab in the coming weeks.

I am giving out copies over the next week to customers when they spend a bill or better in my shop.

Thanks to Drez for the insane cover art.

Thanks to Mesh for the mastering.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm curious about the tracklisting. plaese to post.

• Hope that's legible...

It's done as an actual radio show, I host it with call ins, etc. done up in the tradicional style. Not just one song into another.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    HOLLER!

• HOLLER!

I'ma call you in a sec homeboy.

• Btw.

Featured in the Vinyl Archeology section of this month's Fader. Yes, Catchdubs is in the mfin building.

• Options
    El Pito - Alfredo Linares y su Sonaro ??????

K in Canada.

• El Pito - Alfredo Linares y su Sonaro ??????

K in Canada.

I'll have to check when I get home, K. It's on a 33rpm 7" out of LA on MaG. Found it in a mexican jukebox stash that hit the Bay Area a few years back.

• Oh and the last cut is by JP Rodgers not JP Robinson. Ooops.

• Options
    Yep. Think the label originates from Peru (where Linares is from...or is it Columbia?) and was distributed in the States to feed the Latin public.

Dope tune, K.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yeah Mag is totally Peru. and that song is

I want copy plaese

• The record has four cuts on it, all of which are tough.

• Options
    The Lp that 45 is off is too tough. Flipside is dope, too.

K.

• Options
    Plaese to more South American descarga

K in Canada.

• Wow - my copy has 4 songs on it... including "El Pito"... I'll have to get you titles when I get home. It's more like the south american eps, 2 songs on either side.

• JP,

The mix looks dope. I'm eager to hear it.

Matthew

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm all over this - and I'll get at that PM manana, buey.

• If this is the same mix you where bumping when you where out here for the wedding; then maaaaaaaaaaaaajor co-siz-ign.

The interludes/fake radio segments are worth the price of admission alone.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yup.

• In an extreme display of restraint, I am gonna post a snippet of the mix in... counting... seven posts.

And since I won't be home for a day or two, that means that seven posts gotta last a minute...

• Just finished listening to it. Nice job Jonny!

• Now available at Turntable Lab

"Oldies lowrider radio on lock! Johnny Paycheck (owner of NYC???s Good Records store) has put together this 79 minute mix of slow soul, doo wop, latin soul and whatever else Smokey, Lil Sad Eyes, Big Joker, Lil Joker, and them ride to. Shit is just plain awesome: The Originals, Brenton Wood, The Young Rascals, Malo, Ocho, War, The Intruders, Delfonics, Impressions, etc etc. The cd is put together like a live radio show, complete with announcer voice, call-ins and shout outs, and the tracks just play straight through, as they should- scratching or mixing these would not only be sacrelige, it would ruin the vibe completely. Get in the cruisemobile."

Snippet mix should still be available in the main forum.... get on my hype...

• Hi, I'm Dr. BrownsCelray aka Dr. Nick Riviera, and I wanted to take some time out from my busy day to wholeheartedly endorse this product. I've had the prototype version of this mix for going on two years now, and it has never ever gotten even a bit old to me... I have laughed, cried, fucked, and smoked copious amounts of marijuana while listening to this cd. Seriously, one of the best mixes of all time. Cop one you cheap bitches...

It's whisper quiet!!

• WhISPer Quiet!!

j, the cd is soooper tight holmes. bumped it all day at work. cracking up at the callins.

it kept playing in the background when i had my youthworks squad working and they were like, "man, this is making me sleepy!" but they were singing along to it....."baybbeeeeee bayyybeeeeeee" hilarious.

and you got a dope voice choo sexy vato

palante,t

• Options
    "Little Joker, Big Joker, Joker from down the block...."

I like this a lot.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    got it, played it, loved it. brenda and tabulations never felt so real until I got married.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Damn, I still need to pick this shit up.

You should've hit me up, hoLmes. I would've done a drop for you.

Herm

• brenda and tabulations

goosebumps!

Glad to hear you enjoy it man.

And Herm - [color:red]THERE'S ALWAYS VOLUME TWO CARNAL[/color]