Another iTunes question

DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I have a CD that a friend burned for me, and I want to import one of the tracks into iTunes. However, when I do ths, the track plays back fast like a record pitched to +8. Playing the song directly off the CD does the same thing. The CD plays normally in my car, so I have to think there's something funky with iTunes. Has anybody else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Mac Answer:
    If you are using an audio interface, you might have your sample rate set to 48 khz. Sometimes iTunes can lock to it and play all the 44.1 khz material at 48, speeding it up. You can usually fix it in the Audio MIDI setup application in the Utilities folder or in the setup program for the interface. You would know for sure if this is the problem if EVERYTHING playing in iTunes played like that.

My favorite is when I accidently recorded a huge jazz session at 44.1, but locked to a 48k clock, so whenever I played it back on another system, it played slow. Had to manually convert all the audio files header information so they would play correctly. That's always a good way to permanently remember how NOT to do something. Yikes.

Hope that helped.

Mike

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Hmmm...maybe that has something to do with it, but I'm not using any sort of audio interface--I'm just putting the CD into the drive, then drag-and-dropping the song I want into my iTunes library, and it insists on using the fast playback. Maybe my friend who burned the CD burned it at 48KHz and that's screwing it up?