TOMMY STEWART

pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Does anyone have a full list of his production and arrangments?Ojeda Penn - BrothersonHambone - LP (the whole lp?)Cathy Davis - Come Back Home (any others?)3rd World Band - Disco Hop 7"South Side Coalition - Get Off Your Seats & JamSil Austin - Disco Music/Disco Lady 7"Cream de Coco - Disco Strut 12"Final Approach - We Like To Boogie 12"Tamiko Jones - Let It Flow 12" (what about the LP?)Moses - Something About YouMartha High - Wallflowerany others?

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Does anyone have a full list of his production and arrangments?

Ojeda Penn - Brotherson
    Hambone - LP (the whole lp?)
    Cathy Davis - Come Back Home (any others?)
    3rd World Band - Disco Hop 7"
    South Side Coalition - Get Off Your Seats & Jam
    Sil Austin - Disco Music/Disco Lady 7"
    Cream de Coco - Disco Strut 12"
    Final Approach - We Like To Boogie 12"
    Tamiko Jones - Let It Flow 12" (what about the LP?)
    Moses - Something About You
    Martha High - Wallflower

any others?

it would be a long list.

kind of like asking for holland/dozier.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Hambone - LP (the whole lp?)

from what i remember he did the whole thing.

• Options
    Burning of Atlanta.

K.

• Hambone - LP (the whole lp?)

from what i remember he did the whole thing.

He did 5 out of the 8 songs.

• Gregory Jolly 12" on G-K

• Madd Dog Fire Department "Cosmic Funk" 12" on T.K...tough to catch but soooo worth it...very funky deep disco.

i didn't realize he did "south side coalition"...did that come out on 12"? i have it on 7".

• Madd Dog Fire Department "Cosmic Funk" 12" on T.K...tough to catch but soooo worth it...very funky deep disco.
    forgot that one! nice tune, but not as good as the [color:red]XXXX XXXXXX[/color] 12" on T.K..

• what 12" would that be?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Has anyone seen/heard his 2nd Solo album that was released on a small miami label named Oliva(I'm not 100% sure on the label)? I saw it a few years back sealed @ a dealers house,but I felt dude was asking too much @ the time. Now that I look back...Oh Well.

any info?

• :S from what year? its not the one with bump & hustle music on?

:S from what year? its not the one with bump & hustle music on?

No, it's not that one. I'm guessing it was late 70's. last time I saw a copy was on ebay 2 years ago that ended @ $172.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Has anyone seen/heard his 2nd Solo album that was released on a small miami label named Oliva(I'm not 100% sure on the label)? I saw it a few years back sealed @ a dealers house,but I felt dude was asking too much @ the time. Now that I look back...Oh Well.

any info?

i have it.

not sure if we're talking about the same album though.

it was a tommy stewart production with the regular cast of players but the album was actually credited to the singer, who sadly passed away before they finished recording all the vocal tracks (the story to this is actually quite interesting as told to me by the producer) so half the album is just instrumentals and the other half has the vocals. Quite good. I bought it thinking it was a latin record. Most folks in the Atlanta scene have yet to even see a copy of the record as I was told it was picked up by a central american cut-out label but maybe what they meant was a miami latin label. this is the only time that i have heard anyone even mention this lp.

any info?

i have it.

not sure if we're talking about the same album though.

it was a tommy stewart production with the regular cast of players but the album was actually credited to the singer, who sadly passed away before they finished recording all the vocal tracks (the story to this is actually quite interesting as told to me by the producer) so half the album is just instrumentals and the other half has the vocals. Quite good. I bought it thinking it was a latin record. Most folks in the Atlanta scene have yet to even see a copy of the record as I was told it was picked up by a central american cut-out label but maybe what they meant was a miami latin label. this is the only time that i have heard anyone even mention this lp.

yep, that sounds like the one. I've seen a few records on that label, but they were all latin budget/rip-off lp's. I'm not sure if the label was based in Miami, but it had a local address. Thanks for the info. I'd love to hear that story if you ever get a chance.