Observations Of A Newbie

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
This place is the best music/vinyl site I've seen on the Internet. Over the last few years I've been a member of a variety of music related groups but none of them were as much fun and as interactive/active as this one.Up until 6-8 weeks ago I had only heard about SS....heard a few local diggers mention it in high regard but had never actually experienced it. I'm thankful that a few friends who are members "invited" me to join, yet now, with all this "Negative Newbie" talk I hope I haven't embarrassed any of them by being here.Where else can I show photos of my penis....ummmmm....I mean records and actually have people be into it and appreciate the knowledge exchanged about vinyl??But it seems that Politics is the one area where people are the most sensitive and besides alias assholes posting personal attacks, this is the area where the most friction seems to be created.If the rules here are that the SS community has a political philosophy that has to be upheld and not questioned, then I have no trouble following the rules and sticking to records. If the object of starting political threads here is to encourage an exchange of ideas and hear what everyone thinks about these issues, then some folks just need to step back and be a little more tolerable of ideas they may not agree with.I thank each and every one of you for allowing me to be a part of this thang. And I have truly enjoyed the short time I've been here. If "earning your stripes" is part of the process, I understand completely. And if anyone has a problem with me personally, now or later, I'm man enough to talk to you one on one and will even give you my phone# if sammiches need to be made. Random and unsolicited cheap shots on the board always make the author look like a clown.The good news is that after the first of the year, when ebay and my worklife get back to normal, I won't have nearly the amount of time to spend here that I do now.Comments??

Comments

• You realize 95% of the people on here are retards, right?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    On my last count I was only up to 12%

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I gotta say you are becoming one of my favorite newer strutters based on some of your threads lately.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You realize 95% of the people on here are retards, right?

I think you (Rockadelic) are one of the coolest dude to start posting here in "a minute", as the kids say. Personaly, I stay out of politics here. That is dangerous ground. But honestly, I thnk those dudes just like to argue, so I wouldn't take any of it too seriously. As for "little dudes" invading the site, there is a massive bitch-fest about this every 6 months. the real dudes stick around the rest don't. Nothing to get "coochie sore" about.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

But it seems that Politics is the one area where people are the most sensitive and besides alias assholes posting personal attacks, this is the area where the most friction seems to be created.

this has always been the way.. i've never seen a political thread that didn't have it's share of intolerance.

man-up and stick to your guns

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I gotta say you are becoming one of my favorite newer strutters based on some of your threads lately.

Double

You & JLR are the newbies of the year

Peace

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Thankfully, with every wave of newbies there are a few who blend right in by contributing and learning how we do things here along the way, not by posting with their ass on their shoulders. Welcome Rockadelic, you seem like a pretty righteous fellow.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Rockadelic, after meeting you at the recent Austin show, and buying a few copies of the Del reissue you did, I truly enjoyed talking to you and feel that you have been one of the few to post informative and entertaining topics. As a SS member of under 100 posts, I've found a few of the members to come off as real dicks, and amazingly enough, especially when talking nothing about records or music (which I though was initially the point of being here). If this is SS in its true form, I can understand the frustration, as i definitely share it. If this gets me "sonned" then so be it.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Double

You & JLR are the newbies of the year

Peace

Hey can I be in the top 10? The Rock is what's up this week on the strut basically. Thanks. It's the newbs who ain't got shit to add that need to do the right thing.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Rockadelic, after meeting you at the recent Austin show, and buying a few copies of the Del reissue you did, I truly enjoyed talking to you and feel that you have been one of the few to post informative and entertaining topics. As a SS member of under 100 posts, I've found a few of the members to come off as real dicks, and amazingly enough, especially when talking nothing about records or music (which I though was initially the point of being here). If this is SS in its true form, I can understand the frustration, as i definitely share it. If this gets me "sonned" then so be it.

When you hit 100 posts, see human resources about getting an avatar joking, great to see more canadians inflitrate this place
    peace

Hi.....thanks for the note.....good to put your face with your name here. Hope you dug the Del LP's.....hope to see you in Austin this Spring.

Rich

• Options
    Burn the White House.

K.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

• You & JLR are the newbies of the year

Peace

cosign

Peace

cosign
    okay. so what do they win!!!
    peace, stein. . .
    p.s. Lynn Ness gets an honorary newbie big up for posting NUDE SADE.

• The good news is that after the first of the year, when ebay and my worklife get back to normal, I won't have nearly the amount of time to spend here that I do now.

Comments??

For a man who has only been here a month, you got a lot of posts, man! (329 at this writing.)

• Welcome aboard, Rockadelic.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Thankfully, with every wave of newbies there are a few who blend right in by contributing and learning how we do things here along the way, not by posting with their ass on their shoulders. Welcome Rockadelic, you seem like a pretty righteous fellow.

^^ what he said ^^

this just in!

top ten 1st posts evar!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    seems like yesterday...

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Mr. Rockadelic, do you still stand behind your 5+ year-ago observations?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    The good news is that after the first of the year, when ebay and my worklife get back to normal, I won't have nearly the amount of time to spend here that I do now.

Comments??

For a man who has only been here a month, you got a lot of posts, man! (329 at this writing.)

Now up to 10586

(unless the new board set Rock's post count back a bit, like it did mine)

pickwick33 said:
    pickwick33 said:
    The good news is that after the first of the year, when ebay and my worklife get back to normal, I won't have nearly the amount of time to spend here that I do now.

Comments??

Now up to 10586

(unless the new board set Rock's post count back a bit, like it did mine)

SS is still my favorite music site and the only one I really spend any time at.

The political discussions have, for the most part, become a little more fair and balanced rather than the total lefty gang bang that greeted me 5+ years ago.....some really thoughtful and bright folks currently post here....and a few clowns.

People like Tuneup and others who I met through or around SS are now good friends.

I appreciate a lot of the effort that folks put in here that entertain and educate....thanks for 5 years of fun.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    I appreciate a lot of the effort that folks put in here that entertain and educate....thanks for 5 years of fun.

You were new here once? I figured they opened up the site and found you already here. Kind of like Tom Bombadil or an Ent.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    we are still awaiting your return to the other board...it's 2011!