Records You Will Never Own

2»

Comments

• The one digging constant is that there is always a chance of finding/obtaining anything as long as copies exist.
    Though I fiend for the unreleased 2nd Amendment Band & Clockwork LPs on reel, I fear they have been lost forever and thus are unattainable.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Its safe to say I will never own an AC/DC album.

• Any record with a break. I'm too cool for that.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Any record with a break. I'm too cool for that.

• I also have a suspicion that i'll never own this one:

now yer just talkin' crazy.

• Turner Bros LP... meaning that, when I find it, I would probably sell it... I think... er... maybe...

Turner Bros LP... meaning that, when I find it, I would probably sell it... I think... er... maybe...

It is one of my MP3 "wall pieces".

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    The one digging constant is that there is always a chance of finding/obtaining anything as long as copies exist.

I'm counting on this philosophy, although I have a few I'd like to find that are really starting to annoy me......

The one digging constant is that there is always a chance of finding/obtaining anything as long as copies exist.

wow, you must be the "glass half full" type.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    a few months back at the Buena Park show there was this dealer who brought a wall full of grails. I noticed he had the Turner brothers up there and I asked him how much. He told me it wasn't for sale nor was anything else on this grail wall. There was a ton of pissed of rackord geeks that kept coming up to him and asking. After a while I thought of it as record nerd performance art. Shit was kinda hardcroe

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    a few months back at the Buena Park show there was this dealer who brought a wall full of grails. I noticed he had the Turner brothers up there and I asked him how much. He told me it wasn't for sale nor was anything else on this grail wall. There was a ton of pissed of rackord geeks that kept coming up to him and asking. After a while I thought of it as record nerd performance art. Shit was kinda hardcroe

I don't understand shit like this. Do they wanna sell records or piss off potential customers??

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I don't understand shit like this. Do they wanna sell records or piss off potential customers??

Sounds like this wall functioned as flypaper for collectros... so maybe it did help him sell some stuff? Or was he not selling anything?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    he was selling something like cheap $2- $5 LP's if I remember correctly. It was frustrating at first cause I was selling that day and had a pocketfull of cash to drop on a grail but in the end I kinda saw the humor in it and dug watching excited record geeks walk up and turn away in frustration.