WhatarethegoodRDBurmanOST's?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I swear dude must've made at least 200 of these...I got Shalimar and am not all that into it. I picked up one this weekend called Sanam Teri Kasam which I think is much better and I know thenon lists up like 50 good ones from him with each auction he does.Who's got the recommendations on the serrious Burman?

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Shalimar is basically the king of bollywood OSTs

I don't remember the one you're talking about

What sound is it you're looking for?? Mod w/fuzz guitar? Disco funk?

All the non-Shalimar stuff will only have 1 or 2 Western-influenced numbers...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Shalimar is basically the king of bollywood OSTs

I don't remember the one you're talking about

What sound is it you're looking for?? Mod w/fuzz guitar? Disco funk?

All the non-Shalimar stuff will only have 1 or 2 Western-influenced numbers...

I guess I am looking for the more "funk" sounding bolly shit.

Sahlimar seemed kinda cheesey to me. May be cool for some but not my thing...if anybody wants to trade halla at me

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    no one has any answers?

we got nearly 50 posts about circumcisions on a record website but only one response about something doing with records?

BE AGGRESSIVE!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Sahlimar seemed kinda cheesey to me. May be cool for some but not my thing...if anybody wants to trade halla at me

That's the only one I have and I dig it even though it's cheesy. One Two Cha Cha Cha and Baby Let's Dance Together are super dope tracks. Can't help you on his others, I'm in the same boat as you.

DJ Ferrari

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i turned off when you said shalimar was cheesy and you were looking for something funky. the titel track has got to be on e of the illestr funkiest things i have ever heard. plaese to relisten

• MP3 please. I want to judge cheesy or funkay.

Or, record. You could send me the record.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I've heard:

The Great Gambler, Live at Royal Albert Hall with Asha Boshle, Kurdat, are all good OST's

The only one I got, pretty dope in my opinion.

The french dudes at groovefurhter use to have a website up with a lot of good Burman OST's but when I went looking for it, it done dissapeared. I'd like to have more bollywood records, but I never see them in stores and they are always expensive on the bay, sigh, big dude heart, little dude pockets.

Sometimes I dream in Bollywood.

• Well I can tell you I've got these and they are'nt bowel movers.

The bottom left has some crazy hand drumming and women groaning. The very right one is cool, but the hole in the middle of the record is way too big and it makes me sad.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Black Gold (Chandi Sona) is good. Listen harder, Star Trek moog and the dance track is dope.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

my favorite r.d. burman soundtrack that i've heard so far is "rocky" (this one is about a motorcycle dude instead of a boxer). the first track has some heavy-ass funky breaks.

the track for me on shalimar is the title theme, track 1. i love that one.

but in general most of the bollywood soundtracks i've picked up have just had a track here or there that's done anything for me. some of them have just been 2 minute funky score instrumentals which were worth keeping the record. after i get back i plan on reviewing all the things i kept motown67 style and posting it.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    What really sucks about Shalimar is the movie. What a disapointment!

Seriously Guzzo, it doesn't get any better than Shalimar. When you come to MTL I'll play you so much Bollywood that you'll plutz.