Phisher Strut?

oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
For the past few days I've been getting a message that this site is known for email scams and phishing. So I gotta ask Raj, is it donation time Homie?

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

I will see that and raise you:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    For the past few days I've been getting a message that this site is known for email scams and phishing. So I gotta ask Raj, is it donation time Homie?

What do you mean by messages? This site was hacked into many times the past few weeks. In so, they placed a PHP script on my server that they used to send out SPAM... including links to a Phishing site. I think I have taken care of the problem. There is a security hole in this message board that I patched up and so far, so good (minus the Vinyl Record Assocation April Fools Gag.)

Ads have been pretty slim lately so I might have to resort to Internet pan handling in a few weeks (aka the Donation Drive).

• For the past few days I've been getting a message that this site is known for email scams and phishing. So I gotta ask Raj, is it donation time Homie?

What do you mean by messages? This site was hacked into many times the past few weeks. In so, they placed a PHP script on my server that they used to send out SPAM... including links to a Phishing site. I think I have taken care of the problem. There is a security hole in this message board that I patched up and so far, so good (minus the Vinyl Record Assocation April Fools Gag.)

Ads have been pretty slim lately so I might have to resort to Internet pan handling in a few weeks (aka the Donation Drive).

Nah, when I go to the site on earthlink, it says that this is a potentially dnagerous site that is known for phishing and spoof emails. I don't get any problems when I use
    Firefox though.