covers that sound nothing/too much like original

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
nothing like: Willie Bobo - Heard it Through the Grapvinetoo much like: plenty, but usually intentionally.others?

Comments

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I HATE unimaginitive covers. Why put someone else song on your album if you arent gonna bring somehtign new to it. If I wanted to hear the original, id bust out that album, what?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

You know: film at 11.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    beat me to the punch!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• Al Green- I Can't Get Next to You

• Arto Lindsay's cover of Erotic City doesn't sound much like Prince's version.

• Charles McPherson does a nice little cover of "What's Going On?" on his self-titled release on Mainstream.

Was just listening to it last night. The vibe is a bit more "optimistic" than the original -- check it out if you come across it.

• How about The Fugees boring-ass cover of "Killing Me Softly"? Go on and hatt, but that was a terd.

BTW: Welcome, Lynn Ness. I've heard some of your beats and they sound nice.

• nothing like: jean carn's cover of you light up my life from her album happy to be with you PIR 1978

• How about The Fugees boring-ass cover of "Killing Me Softly"? Go on and hatt, but that was a terd.

BTW: Welcome, Lynn Ness. I've heard some of your beats and they sound nice.

Peace, thank you for the kind words man. I'm glad to be posting with y'all.

And yeah, I gotta gree with you on that Fugees cover. Man, I hated that song.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Archie Shepp's version of Jobim's The girl from Ipanema is radd.

Peace

• Astrud Gilberto "Beginnings" cover of Chicago's song is great. Sort of faithful but also takes it in a whole new direction.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    off one of the greatest psychadelic soul albums of all time

"Ain't No Sunshine" is a killa!