Roll Bounce

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
plot/story/whatever really sux. But the roller disco moves = ps mike epps needs to star in a movie

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I totally disagree...I thought it was a sweet movie. It is one of the few films that actually can be enjoyed by people 10-50 yrs old. If you are looking for a movie that's

don't bother, but if a light distraction with cool roller skating sequences, funny cameos, and a feel-good attitude that's not completely dripping with overdone sentimentality, it's completely worth a rental.

I played it at a DJ night last week and everyone in the place was watching and having a ball, at least 5 different parties inquired what it was and when(!) it was made, which I thought was funny. The best part is the skating scenes,, no doubt, but it's a better-than-average Hollywood comedy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I totally disagree...I thought it was a sweet movie. It is one of the few films that actually can be enjoyed by people 10-50 yrs old. If you are looking for a movie that's

don't bother, but if a light distraction with cool roller skating sequences, funny cameos, and a feel-good attitude that's not completely dripping with overdone sentimentality, it's completely worth a rental.

I played it at a DJ night last week and everyone in the place was watching and having a ball, at least 5 different parties inquired what it was and when(!) it was made, which I thought was funny. The best part is the skating scenes,, no doubt, but it's a better-than-average Hollywood comedy.

Co-sign. I own the dvd. I plan on playing/spinning my own music to it.
    DEJAVU

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    A few guys I know threw a rave a few months ago at the roller rink where that movie was filmed, in Lynwood, Ill. The place was still decked out. I guess they dropped a shit-ton of money fixing up the place for the film and you could tell. The locale was the best part of the party.

I still haven't seen the movie.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    A few guys I know threw a rave a few months ago at the roller rink where that movie was filmed, in Lynwood, Ill. The place was still decked out. I guess they dropped a shit-ton of money fixing up the place for the film and you could tell.

Lucky!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Co-sign on everything that's already been said. Roll Bounce is a solid all around movie that everyone in can enjoy. Epps and Murphy killed it in there, too. Plus, I'm just starting to get over my crush on the girl with curly hair and braces.

• This is on at the cinema down here.
    Was only 2 sessions a day. Now only 1. Last day tomorrow. Was in 2 minds.
    Anything has to be better than 'You Got Served'...

So I think I'll see it now. Thanks...