http://www.chappelletheory.com/

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.chappelletheory.com/ dunno how i feel about this, but it's a great read...

Comments

• " On that day, Chappelle received a package that made him decide to halt the show's production for good.

The package ??? which arrived via UPS ??? contained a picture of Chappelle's sleeping children, taken the night before in Chappelle's house. A person who appeared to be of Al Sharpton's build was standing next to their beds.

Chappelle called his agent, immediately. Hinting at what just happened, Dave told him that he would like to cancel the production of the third season. His agent advised Dave not to tell anyone else yet, as he'd like some time to see what he can work out with Comedy Central.

Chappelle made one more phone call that evening to Bill Cosby...all he said to Bill was "it's over...call off the dogs."

"Only when I see an announcement in the press," Cosby responded. "

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    "On Tuesday, while watching an episode of the Oprah Winfrey show, Chappelle recalled being completely stunned when Winfrey turned to the camera in the middle of interviewing Tom Cruise and said "Dave Chappelle, you should be ashamed of yourself for airing that Niggars sketch on your show this week, I'm going to make sure you never work in Hollywood again."

The image, allegedly taped by Winfrey, and transmitted to Chappelle's house under the direction of Robert L. Johnson who called in some favors with Chappelle's local affiliate station manager, terrified Chappelle."

this where it lost me.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Wow. I mean, seriously, wow.

Are the Dark Crusaders??? the new Gay Mafia????

• I wonder if we asked nicely if they would go after those Laffy Taffy guys.

Wow. I mean, seriously, wow.

Are the Dark Crusaders??? the new Gay Mafia????

• this is totally bogus. how do I know this? because nothing of this magnitude could ever have gone down without the involvement of the lizard people. i mean, c'mon. that's a no-brainer.

" I'm[/b] Rick James, bitch."

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Was reading somewhere that the site was registered by this company, with big money clients like pepsi. Its either comedy central viral marketing, or someone with a lot of loot...

http://www.weblinc.com/

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I admit I was thinking it seemed almost too involved to be a "private press" and seemed like it could be a Chappelle-sponsored promotional hoax - but it was also riddled with typos and poor writing...I suppose that could be part of the attempt to make it seem "authentic," though...

• it was a great read, but, i find it hard to believe al sharpton would be in dave chapelle's kid's room and that oprah had that tape beamed to dave's tv. all in all, i found it odd and couldn't stop reading it, making me late for a christmas party.

• making me late for a christmas[/b] party.

"nice. good to see you're still keeping it real"

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    http://www.chappelletheory.com/

dunno how i feel about this, but it's a great read...

• "On Tuesday, while watching an episode of the Oprah Winfrey show, Chappelle recalled being completely stunned when Winfrey turned to the camera in the middle of interviewing Tom Cruise and said "Dave Chappelle, you should be ashamed of yourself for airing that Niggars sketch on your show this week, I'm going to make sure you never work in Hollywood again."

The image, allegedly taped by Winfrey, and transmitted to Chappelle's house under the direction of Robert L. Johnson who called in some favors with Chappelle's local affiliate station manager, terrified Chappelle."

this where it lost me.

Exactly.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    This "theory" is weak as hell...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    We had a war to win.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    We had a war to win.

I'm standing with Reynaldo.

You get a car,

you get a car,

you get a car,

you get a car,

you get a car,

you get a car,

you get a car,

you get a car,

you get a car,

you get a car,

you ALL get a car.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    This "theory" is weak as hell...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I have a feeling that Whoopi had a bigger role than what this author has led us to believe.

• I have a feeling that Whoopi had a bigger role than what this author has led us to believe.

DAMN! Whoopie looks like Lester in that picture...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    whoah my bad about double posting this bullshit. Viral marketing theory is next level though.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I cant beleive most of this but im gutted that theres not going to be a new series......or will there be?? How about the 6 shows that were completed, will they be screened?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I think this all was whet our appetities for the new Dave movie, Chappelle Theory, written by Charlie Kaufman.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Heard it was only 3 or 4 shows man, guess we'll take what we get...