Cleveland spots

gruntgravelgruntgravel 559 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'm going up to Cleveland to catch a Cavs game Saturday and wanted to hit a few record stores. Any places worth while?

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    paging Grafwritah

• Where is the love?

• If you don't know any spots in Cleveland than why chirp in? You posting a cricket does not really help me out, or anyone else that might be interested in checking out spots there. If you don't have any relevant knowledge to share, move along lil' doggy.

• mazi

• If you don't know any spots in Cleveland than why chirp in? You posting a cricket does not really help me out, or anyone else that might be interested in checking out spots there. If you don't have any relevant knowledge to share, move along lil' doggy.

LOL if there are records in any city T*** would have found them... Cleveland is pretty much a wrap if you ask me... I went there and in terms of shops, it's pretty dire... I have heard similar stories from others... however... there is always...

mazi

• If you don't know any spots in Cleveland than why chirp in? You posting a cricket does not really help me out, or anyone else that might be interested in checking out spots there.

actually, if it was anyone else, i probably would have helped them out on the pms. if you cant go to a major midwestern city and find your own spots, you need more help than i can give. at least ap is kind, but youll probably need more coaching

If you don't have any relevant knowledge to share, move along lil' doggy.
    haha. get in touch with a phonebook and get a new grandmom. your movie quotes are kinda cute though

and the crickets are the hot new graemlin so

• what up brocco

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• If you don't know any spots in Cleveland than why chirp in? You posting a cricket does not really help me out, or anyone else that might be interested in checking out spots there.

actually, if it was anyone else, i probably would have helped them out on the pms. if you cant go to a major midwestern city and find your own spots, you need more help than i can give. at least ap is kind, but youll probably need more coaching

If you don't have any relevant knowledge to share, move along lil' doggy.
    haha. get in touch with a phonebook and get a new grandmom. your movie quotes are kinda cute though

and the crickets are the hot new graemlin so

Why would you not want help me out, bro? What have I done to you that is so egregious? I already have a couple spots out of the phonebook. I was looking here for the spots that don't advertise. Thanks for nothing.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Q:

Why would you not want help me out, bro?

A:

I was looking here for the spots that don't advertise.

for a reason.

• What have I done to you that is so egregious?

• paging Grafwritah

Cleveland is blah. I'd make a run through the bazillion CD/Game Exchanges, "THE" Exchanges, etc. if you're still into getting the $1-$5-$10 pieces for cheap (maybe). If you want "real" record stores your best shot for proximity would be Lakewood along Detroit and Madison. The neighborhood is rife with emosexuals so there is not much in the way of hip hop, funk, jazz, etc. although you can turn up stuff. My Mind's Eye is the best, then there is Chris's Warped Records which has a small record section but caters mostly to punk crackers, and then there is some other store along that way that has a grip of oomp-tss oomp-tss used vinyl. They're all listed in the phonebook.

Depending on what way you're coming in, you could try Square Records in Akron along w/the obligatory CD/Game & THE Exchanges (I-77/I-76/Rt. 8) or Spinmore Records in Kent (probably the best store in the area as far as selection)(I-76).

If you just want to make a stop in close distance to the game as far as I can recall you're fucked, although there is a spot on Public Square that has... new vinyl... turntables... fuck, I dunno, I never bother.

Can you elaborate on my purported crimes against the SS proud crowd? I???m curious to read my indictment.

Can you elaborate on my purported crimes against the SS proud crowd? I???m curious to read my indictment.

i have no beef with you doggie. i'm just high off the raer graemlin thread. i actually HOPE you find some good vinyl in cleveland , god knows i couldn't.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    paging Grafwritah

Cleveland is blah. I'd make a run through the bazillion CD/Game Exchanges, "THE" Exchanges, etc. if you're still into getting the $1-$5-$10 pieces for cheap (maybe). If you want "real" record stores your best shot for proximity would be Lakewood along Detroit and Madison. The neighborhood is rife with emosexuals so there is not much in the way of hip hop, funk, jazz, etc. although you can turn up stuff. My Mind's Eye is the best, then there is Chris's Warped Records which has a small record section but caters mostly to punk crackers, and then there is some other store along that way that has a grip of oomp-tss oomp-tss used vinyl. They're all listed in the phonebook.

Depending on what way you're coming in, you could try Square Records in Akron along w/the obligatory CD/Game & THE Exchanges (I-77/I-76/Rt. 8) or Spinmore Records in Kent (probably the best store in the area as far as selection)(I-76).

If you just want to make a stop in close distance to the game as far as I can recall you're fucked, although there is a spot on Public Square that has... new vinyl... turntables... fuck, I dunno, I never bother.

this is absolutely the turth.... Cleveland is a VERY dead town in regards to the record....and honestly, if Mazi won't sell any of his good stuff to me (his best friend), then good luck getting it.