How Many of You Don't Like Drum Breaks?

2»

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

excellent!

now, can someone "skool" me on the importance of this DJ Shadow fellow? Then, I'll be ready for the big hip-hop arguments!

I CANNOT HELP YOU THERE.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    What about hop?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Is that similar to ?

What about hop?

Oh yeah, and what is this "Rawkus Dead Stock Gold"? A type I of 40oz. malt likker, I suppose?

Paging PLANET!

Deadstock GoLD!

Is that similar to ?

good question!

And also, how do these things fit into the "4 elements of digging"?

Is that similar to ?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Is that similar to ?

Is that Mr. Dibbs in the back? If so, then Crink, somehow ties into the 4 elements of diggin'.

What about the 4 elements of hip-hop?

What about hop?

Oh yeah, and what is this "Rawkus Dead Stock Gold"? A type I of 40oz. malt likker, I suppose?

Paging PLANET!

Deadstock GoLD!

note to self:

start working on my own projects and search the globe for those elusive records.

• OK, so like I said, I am no hip-hopper - so maybe someone can essplain this me...

My understanding of a "break" is a segment of the music where pretty much everything stops but drums & they continue to play a beat EI: Scorpio, or Funky Drummer, right? yet I hear all kinda things called "breaks" - things that sound nothing like this. So, what the fuck is up? I'm not even sure I understand what a break is.
    I always liked Cedric the Entertainer's definition of a break on the Kings of Comedy.

• I'm not even sure I understand what a break is.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm not even sure I understand what a break is.

BrEAKitUP

seriously if you google emo-rap you get:

• If you dont buy them there is more for me to dig up.

it aint necessarily so - we could be buyin the same records for different reasons

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

I think drumbreaks are a producers thing, if you are a collector who is not into producing I can totally understand your being annoyed with breaks.

I think drumbreaks are a producers thing, if you are a collector who is not into producing I can totally understand your being annoyed with breaks.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

Technically a break is anytime the music stops and one instrument continues...

LOCATION!...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    What about hop?

Paging PLANET!

Deadstock GoLD!

All the records had the bar codes crossed out with sharpie ink just sitting there like it was 98 again.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I think drumbreaks are a 20th CENTURY producers thing, if you are a collector who is not into producing I can totally understand your anyoing of breaks.