The Apprentice Final Eps (TVR) Lost Respect...

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I was totally behind Randal. And I've never lost respect for someone so fast.Did anyone watch?

Comments

• snosno 332 Posts
    I can only watch it a day or two after it aired (I'm in Hong Kong)...but I am anxious to know what is going down...care to elaborate?

• Totally blew me away. He came off as a total dick. What did he care if Trump hired that woman as well as him?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Totally blew me away. He came off as a total dick. What did he care if Trump hired that woman as well as him?

Me also.. I mean like damn... There was two jobs... It wasn't just that tho, it was the way he said it.

• He just dismissed any possibility of hiring her and then turned around and celebrated.

I think Trump was surprised too. I thought during the whole episode that they were going to hire them both, it looked like that was something they wanted to do, and then he said no. Unbelievable.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Why would you lose respect for a guy who was far and away the most qualified candidate for Trump organization. No other time has Trump offered a job to an Apprentice runner up. He WON, nuff said. Randal didn't even get a car. He said two key things tonight:

1. "This is not, The Apprentices, this is The Apprentice".

2. "Mr. Trump, I run businesses, Rebecca reports on them"

You go through a 15 week "Interview" process, out-perform your competition, only to find out you end up not being #1. In all fairness, if Trump was that impressed with Rebecca, he'll offer her a position. You may see it as disrespectful, but I guarantee you Trump saw it as being confident. Randal basically said something that Trump himself would say.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hold up dudes. This is a competition, no? Did the New England Patriots give The Eagles the :aww, but you did great, too!: face and have a Things Remembered trophy made for them? Honestly! And who's to say that she wouldn't have done the same thing to homeboy, if she were asked that same question? If you really want to get touchy with it, do you seriously think she (as an attractive white female with all the qualifications) will have trouble getting a top-notch position at any company she approaches? They fought tooth and nail on every episode of this show, with the understanding that only one of them would come out on top. Don't fault Randal for getting all the shine he deserves!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    damn why did i click this thread before watching the actual episode.

trying to use this on myself now:

• Ya'll are some cutthroat dudes. I feel like, as long as there is no tangible prize that he would have to share with her, there's no harm in saying that he thinks Trump should hire her.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I just watched it.
    Man, you guys built this up to be some kind of freak out.
    I think he handled it well and like most people would have in his position.

And he was soooo well spoken!

Really though, I would have done the same thing.
    You don't work that hard for that long only to be like "well...ok, I guess second best can win my prize too.".

• damn why did i click this thread before watching the actual episode.

trying to use this on myself now:

serato???

i didn't know they made it with a built in flashlight. guess when you need to go diggin...

uuuuuh ok nevermind. what am i doing here anyways, i've never ever watched this show. don't jump i have no tv.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I'm not seeing it like that tho. Randal picked what project he wanted. It's not like she was going to work on the same one. I think when they both picked different projects it made Trump think he could hire both.

Did you hear him at the end? He ask Randal what he thought of her after he won and he goes and says some really nice stuff and Trump looks him right in the eye and say, I was really impressed by her. If you were me, would you give her a job? And then he says that stuff?

If you were DJing a night with someone else and the club owner says "Hey, I'm opening a new million dollar club and one of you can get the gig. I'll make my mind up after a couple of weeks of seeing how you both perform."

And then the other guy goes and wins the job. Kewl... Guy deserved the job. And then the owner asks his opinion of you and he goes on about how your this and that and that your a great club DJ.

You think, nice of the guy to say those things...

So then the club owner says "Hey I have this other smaller club opening, do you think I should hire "Insert your name here" and the guy say "Naw, fuck that..."

Thats not class to me... It's pure ego.

Hey, I liked Randal right from the start and picked him to win. I thought he was going to win with no problem, until he did the whole "Didn't check the weather and have a back up plan" deal.

I also knoticed that when they were going to the boardroom that he didn't help (Can't remember her name right now) out with her suitcase. Her hopping around with her broken ankle with her bags.

But hey, whatever... C'est La Vie

• dayday 9,611 Posts

If you were DJing a night with someone else and the club owner says "Hey, I'm opening a new million dollar club and one of you can get the gig. I'll make my mind up after a couple of weeks of seeing how you both perform."

And then the other guy goes and wins the job. Kewl... Guy deserved the job. And then the owner asks his opinion of you and he goes on about how your this and that and that your a great club DJ.

So then the club owner says "Hey I have this other smaller club opening, do you think I should hire "Insert your name here" and the guy say "Naw, fuck that..."

Hahaha, ok, I can see it in those terms. But she's gonna be fine regardless. I bet job offers are pouring in from all over for her. But I can see what you mean. It didn't come off as mean as some folks made it out to be.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Hahaha, ok, I can see it in those terms. But she's gonna be fine regardless. I bet job offers are pouring in from all over for her. But I can see what you mean. It didn't come off as mean as some folks made it out to be.

yeah, i can't fault dude for going for dolo, but it was sort of cold. and it made the show end on a real weird vibe. i guess being a business mogul means you can just crush people with a wave of your hand, but randall didn't have to do it right out the gate like that.

it was like if the two heroes in a movie made it to the top of the mountain and were about to celebrate until one of the them lets go of the other's hand and he falls to the ground, but we're still supposed to be happy that he made it. and then, The End. i see what randall was saying, but it left a strange taste in my mouth, especially after the two seemed to be bonding earlier.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

yeah, i can't fault dude for going for dolo, but it was sort of cold. and it made the show end on a real weird vibe. i guess being a business mogul means you can just crush people with a wave of your hand, but randall didn't have to do it right out the gate like that.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    i guess being a business mogul means you can just crush people with a wave of your hand

What I was gonna say on a similar note was "that's just business." Its a competition and he won. I'm applying for a new job right now and if they were to tell me something like that, ah hell no... That dude or woman better go find a job somewhere else. Also, she will get job offers elsewhere (maybe even from Trump) and certainly newer offers on the sympathy note now. She's in...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    i guess being a business mogul means you can just crush people with a wave of your hand

What I was gonna say on a similar note was "that's just business." Its a competition and he won. I'm applying for a new job right now and if they were to tell me something like that, ah hell no... That dude or woman better go find a job somewhere else. Also, she will get job offers elsewhere (maybe even from Trump) and certainly newer offers on the sympathy note now. She's in...

no doubt. I was less concerned with it as a business move than as a very odd TV choice. I guess that's what's great about live TV, if anything.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Hi guys I didn't get to see the last 30 minutes and I'm bummed. CNBC has a re-run tonite I think but I gotta prep for this mini record show thing.

-M

• snosno 332 Posts

it was like if the two heroes in a movie made it to the top of the mountain and were about to celebrate until one of the them lets go of the other's hand and he falls to the ground, but we're still supposed to be happy that he made it. and then, The End. i see what randall was saying, but it left a strange taste in my mouth, especially after the two seemed to be bonding earlier.

Just my observation: I believe all the bondings built up in earlier tasks was gone during their dinner with George and Carolyn in the penultimate episode. Anyone notice Rebecca's when they were negotiating the team member for their final task? I reckon it's war from that point on.