The Corporation (NRR)

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Has anyone seen this flick? Mad depressing. They interview some serious heads, though, e.g. Chomsky, economist Milton Friedman, Naomi Klein, etc. Basically the quick and dirty is: corporations are virtually all-powerful and have only the interests of a small few in mind. The result is the trampling of human rights worldwide and environmental degradation on a massive scale. It's not really anything that you didn't already know, but it's a well-done movie and it might make you think twice before you cop your next pair of Gap drawers off the sale rack. Peep it. Not flawless, but better than 99% of the other garbage new releases at Blockbusta these days.

Comments

• hans_lucashans_lucas 159 Posts
    Has anyone seen this flick? Mad depressing. They interview some serious heads, though, e.g. Chomsky, economist Milton Friedman, Naomi Klein, etc. Basically the quick and dirty is: corporations are virtually all-powerful and have only the interests of a small few in mind. The result is the trampling of human rights worldwide and environmental degradation on a massive scale. It's not really anything that you didn't already know, but it's a well-done movie and it might make you think twice before you cop your next pair of Gap drawers off the sale rack. Peep it. Not flawless, but better than 99% of the other garbage new releases at Blockbusta these days.

I did MDMA with the director, Mark Achbar, last night. He's a friend of mine from Vancouver who was in Toronto for a festival called Hot Docs. He came to a party that I was spinning at.

What a disaster! The layout of the apartment was wack. Everybody congregated in a separate room and talked rather than danced (fucking intellectuals!) Threw down all the best shit I could to get it going, but I couldn't get any volume, because some neighbour had come over in his bathrobe to complain about the noise beforehand.

The MDMA was kind of weak, too.

Anyway, if you liked the Corporation, you should track down Mark's previous film called Manufacturing Consent. It's one of my fave films from the 90s.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Why does everybody wanna say they're a buisinessman?

it's a small world after all

it's a small

small

world

• wow. mdma.

• hans_lucashans_lucas 159 Posts
    wow. mdma.

I think it was actually sugar pills, although I do feel a bit foggy today.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Anyway, if you liked the Corporation, you should track down Mark's previous film called Manufacturing Consent. It's one of my fave films from the 90s.

Saw it. I'm not like the biggest Chomsky fan but it was still a good one.

• just saw it an hour ago. i like when they have the beef in a honduras sweatshop

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

I did MDMA with the director, Mark Achbar, last night. He's a friend of mine from Vancouver who was in Toronto for a festival called Hot Docs. He came to a party that I was spinning at.

What a disaster! The layout of the apartment was wack. Everybody congregated in a separate room and talked rather than danced (fucking intellectuals!) Threw down all the best shit I could to get it going, but I couldn't get any volume, because some neighbour had come over in his bathrobe to complain about the noise beforehand.

I saw Miracle of Candeal last night. It was a lil long, but me likes a good flick about Brazilian music.

Back on to topic.

Are Corps greedy biatches? Yes... Think how some people on this site act over 5 dollah records... I'm just sayin'...

• Has anyone seen this flick? Mad depressing. They interview some serious heads, though, e.g. Chomsky, economist Milton Friedman, Naomi Klein, etc. Basically the quick and dirty is: corporations are virtually all-powerful and have only the interests of a small few in mind. The result is the trampling of human rights worldwide and environmental degradation on a massive scale. It's not really anything that you didn't already know, but it's a well-done movie and it might make you think twice before you cop your next pair of Gap drawers off the sale rack. Peep it. Not flawless, but better than 99% of the other garbage new releases at Blockbusta these days.

I got high with myself last night...

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Not flawless

Yep, I'm sayin' it's a good flick too. But the thing I couldn't get over was the narration. Does anybody else knowhati'msayin? It's this girl with a really dry, monotone, and still kinda condescending voice.