RIP Tookie

Comments

• 40k a year to house an inmate on death row. I can't believe tax payers want to pay to keep murderders alive. Dude should have been offed 24 years ago.

i don't think it actually costs 40k to keep him on death row, that is the actual amount of money per prisoner allocated for him.
    because of the lengthly appeals process and all it costs about a million to kill him. once again that is the money allocated for the purpose.

we live in a violent society and the us is almost at the top of the list of governments executions worldwide. way behind china, the us is up there with vietnam and i think iran. great.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Now Now.. No bashing peoples religious beliefs! There are good people as well and bad ones in everything.

For many,

And I don't have a problem with it. Just as long as they respect my choices and thoughts, as much as I do theirs.

• oh yeah some pretty strong anti death penalty facts right here

http://www.religioustolerance.org/execut4.htm

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Full points for comparing the crips with christians! Seriously, it's an apt analogy for some of the god-squaders I've met in Fredericton.

Can you imagine the fucking reaction if someone said:

"Full points for comparing bloods to jews! Seriously, it's an apt analogy for some of the curl-kings I've met in Manhattan."

???

nagl

And can someone tell me, honestly, why this dude should rest in peace?
    I'm not starting shit, I'm being serious. Someone tell me, please.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Now that Tookie is dead, are we safe from gangs? Good thing Jesus was killed because that damn gang of Christians has gone out of control. Who else can we kill to have peace at heart. You fucks who say Tookie did these crimes are ignoring the fact that LAPD is fucked and maybe Tookie didn't do it. As far as anybody knows, it's about a 50-50 chance. You are naive if you think with a hundred % of conviction that he did. I love the fact that we live in a Christian based society that preaches forgiveness but are so quick to kill.

People act like Tookie invented gangs in LA. Sorry y'all. The crips were started as a defense against gangs. Latinos in LA have had gangs for decades, but lets not start a witch hunt.

I think he may have done it but I'm still bummed he's dead. All you fuck wits that say, "Why do you care about Tookie and not other "innocent" death penalty victims. Fuck that. Don't put words in my mouth. You have no idea what i think and fuck you. We were talking about tookie. End the death penalty.

I am ashamed to be an American, but fuck off if you think I'm leaving. I'm going to be a thorn in the thumb of all these blind fools that make this country so embarrassing.

The most embarrassing thing about this country is that we have people so ignorant thay they would compare a convicted murderer to Jesus Christ(No, I'm not a christian).

"So quick to kill" took 25 years at 40K per....coulda sent your ass to college for 1/10th that much.

The only person that decided Tookie's fate was hisowndamnself....Not Christians, Not Arnold, TOOKIE!!! You folks don't want to see the hell that Tookie brought to earth ..."Ewww, take those disgusting photos away".....

And he had HOW MANY appeals did he get??....and 25 years to prove his innocence....I guess when your busy talking about the gurgling noises your victims made when they died you're not really thinking about being executed.

The people who defend and glorify this, and every other covicted murderer disgust me.

Ohhh....shit....wait...I just realized that EVERYONE on Death Row is innocent....no human has ever committed a murder....they were all framed by a crooked Police Dept. and George Bush who hired the Illuminati to commit these crimes just to send poor innocent Gang Members to jail....my mistake.

Rich

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Full points for comparing the crips with christians! Seriously, it's an apt analogy for some of the god-squaders I've met in Fredericton.

"Full points for comparing bloods to jews! Seriously, it's an apt analogy for some of the curl-kings I've met in Manhattan."

???

nagl

Very true, but I think we are living in bizarro-strut today. Arent I the one who usually makes the comparritive analogy between ethinc and religious groups and usually met with "It's not the same thing"?

I'm filing this thread in my favorites folder for future reference

• after my first post about tookies nobel prize nomination turned out into something totally messed up, i'd like to say that i meant it just this way:

although what he did, he changed and was probably more useful alive than dead, speaking with kids about his experience

and after thinking a day about this whole thing i'd like to agree with this one. dk essence out.

If anything I can respect an RIP sentiment, hope this thread might respect a moment of silence

• Is "rest in peace" really such a controversial sentiment? Is eternal damnation in the fires of hell what you mouth-foamers require for this guy? Does anyone feel safer or happier now that he's dead? I don't.

I'm not an absolutist about the death penalty and am very well in touch with how I would feel as the brother, son, or dad to one of Tookie's victims. But we ought not to be quite so fond of revenge.

RIP

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

???

nagl

Dude, I was being sarcastic. Still, I'll concede that it was inapropriate of me to liken god-squaders, aka prosylitising evangelical christians, to gang members. Yes, they are intolerant and judge me harshly for not believing as they do, but it would be unfair to accuse them of murder, stealing, and the general violent mayhem. Less violent mayhem, perhaps, but I don't believe they've started killing anybody yet. Watch out when the rapture comes...

Now Now.. No bashing peoples religious beliefs! There are good people as well and bad ones in everything.

For many,

And I don't have a problem with it. Just as long as they respect my choices and thoughts, as much as I do theirs.

Prosyletising, by definition, implies a disrespect for beliefs other than those held by the proselytisor. If they didn't think theirs were superior, they wouldn't be out and about trying to get folks to convert. In that sense, there is a problem.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Is "rest in peace" really such a controversial sentiment? Is eternal damnation in the fires of hell what you mouth-foamers require for this guy? Does anyone feel safer or happier now that he's dead? I don't.

I'm not an absolutist about the death penalty and am very well in touch with how I would feel as the brother, son, or dad to one of Tookie's victims.

I've been thinking about the same thing today...

I don???t know how I feel about Tookie Williams ??? I don???t know enough about it to say one way or another.

The celebrity cause de jour and Joan Baez singing outside the prison gates gives me the willies just as much as the dehumanization of a man and the call for his blood.

People are saying if it were my family that got killed???if it were my wife that got raped??? - well what if it were your dad or brother or sister or girlfriend in the cell?

Rockadelic said something like if we don???t start to look at things in black and white we???ll never move ahead, I agree with this to a certain degree, but if we stop looking at the grays and the finer details then we stop being human and humane, no?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

If they didn't think theirs were superior

Wait a second... There is a religion that doesn't basically think their religion is superior to all others?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Is "rest in peace" really such a controversial sentiment? Is eternal damnation in the fires of hell what you mouth-foamers require for this guy? Does anyone feel safer or happier now that he's dead? I don't.

I'm not an absolutist about the death penalty and am very well in touch with how I would feel as the brother, son, or dad to one of Tookie's victims.

If that was directed at me for my questioning why people are saying RIP, I was honestly asking why people feel the way they do. Not forming or expressing an opinion on it.

I don???t know how I feel about Tookie Williams ??? I don???t know enough about it to say one way or another.

And that's why.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

???

nagl

Dude, I was being sarcastic. Still, I'll concede that it was inapropriate of me to liken god-squaders, aka prosylitising evangelical christians, to gang members. Yes, they are intolerant and judge me harshly for not believing as they do, but it would be unfair to accuse them of murder, stealing, and the general violent mayhem. Less violent mayhem, perhaps, but I don't believe they've started killing anybody yet. Watch out when the rapture comes...
    People have "religious issues" on this site.

Generalizations are for idiots - that goes for all people.

• Generalizations are for idiots - that goes for all people.

ha!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Wait a second... There is a religion that doesn't basically think their religion is superior to all others?

Yeah, they're called Unitarians.

• The celebrity cause de jour and Joan Baez singing outside the prison gates gives me the willies just as much as the dehumanization of a man and the call for his blood.

perfect

any cause that has a member of the cast from m*a*s*h involved i become very suspicious and tend to run away

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    The whole point of this post was to get past the pro/con bs, the pointificating and holier than thou-ness that was in the other thread and just wish this person would rest in peace. Douglas caught my sentiment while mostly everyone else got into the ususal back and forth squabble. That's why my first post was left blank. It's a simple sentiment I felt and was hoping to share and eventually move on from the whole issue. The man is dead, if you want to wish him eternal damantion and hell fire, that's great too.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    The whole point of this post was to get past the pro/con bs, the pointificating and holier than thou-ness that was in the other thread and just wish this person would rest in peace. Douglas caught my sentiment while mostly everyone else got into the ususal back and forth squabble. That's why my first post was left blank. It's a simple sentiment I felt and was hoping to share and eventually move on from the whole issue. The man is dead, if you want to wish him eternal damantion and hell fire, that's great too.

Asprin its not the Rest in Peace part of the title that got everyone up in arms its the "Tookie" that follows it.

Automatic hotbutton.

side-sidenote. my cellphone battery is dead. I'll report back to you when I get back to Covina of the West

• The most embarrassing thing about this country is that we have people so ignorant thay they would compare a convicted murderer to Jesus Christ(No, I'm not a christian).

"So quick to kill" took 25 years at 40K per....coulda sent your ass to college for 1/10th that much.

The only person that decided Tookie's fate was hisowndamnself....Not Christians, Not Arnold, TOOKIE!!! You folks don't want to see the hell that Tookie brought to earth ..."Ewww, take those disgusting photos away".....

And he had HOW MANY appeals did he get??....and 25 years to prove his innocence....I guess when your busy talking about the gurgling noises your victims made when they died you're not really thinking about being executed.

The people who defend and glorify this, and every other covicted murderer disgust me.

Ohhh....shit....wait...I just realized that EVERYONE on Death Row is innocent....no human has ever committed a murder....they were all framed by a crooked Police Dept. and George Bush who hired the Illuminati to commit these crimes just to send poor innocent Gang Members to jail....my mistake.

Rich

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Rockadelic said something like if we don???t start to look at things in black and white we???ll never move ahead, I agree with this to a certain degree, but if we stop looking at the grays and the finer details then we stop being human and humane, no?

MissB,
    You get it...I agree that you have to closely examine the grey, but a black and white decision has to be the result. Otherwise you never advance. Being decisive is becoming a lost art.

Rich

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Now that Tookie is dead, are we safe from gangs? Good thing Jesus was killed because that damn gang of Christians has gone out of control. Who else can we kill to have peace at heart. You fucks who say Tookie did these crimes are ignoring the fact that LAPD is fucked and maybe Tookie didn't do it. As far as anybody knows, it's about a 50-50 chance. You are naive if you think with a hundred % of conviction that he did. I love the fact that we live in a Christian based society that preaches forgiveness but are so quick to kill.

People act like Tookie invented gangs in LA. Sorry y'all. The crips were started as a defense against gangs. Latinos in LA have had gangs for decades, but lets not start a witch hunt.

I think he may have done it but I'm still bummed he's dead. All you fuck wits that say, "Why do you care about Tookie and not other "innocent" death penalty victims. Fuck that. Don't put words in my mouth. You have no idea what i think and fuck you. We were talking about tookie. End the death penalty.

I am ashamed to be an American, but fuck off if you think I'm leaving. I'm going to be a thorn in the thumb of all these blind fools that make this country so embarrassing.

The most embarrassing thing about this country is that we have people so ignorant thay they would compare a convicted murderer to Jesus Christ(No, I'm not a christian).

Rich

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Rich

I didn't see too many people "defending" or "glorifying" Tookie. I mean seriously, is there anyone on here who's justifying his actions?

Anyone?

However, all this cheerleading over his death is like the ultimate bad fucking look.

Everyone is dead now. Nobody is coming back. Now just let everyone rest, or is that not enough?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    LET ME ASK ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ONE MORE TIME.

LET ME ASK YOU ALL TO ASK YOURSELVES[/b].

Everyone is dead now. Nobody is coming back. Now just let everyone rest, or is that not enough? [/b]

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    The guy doesn't/didn't have a soul, which renders the afterlife-talk moot.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Jesus... some of you people disgust me.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

Seriously! Celebrating a state murder--hell, celebrating any murder--is the very definition of not a good look.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Tookie & Henry Kissinger - two men who participated in genocide. What kind of a farce is the nobel prize?

let's not forget that the founder of the peace prize, nobel himself, invented dynamite and is indirectly responsible for millions of deaths...