RIP Tookie

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    It's pretty sad to see that you politicos and opponents of Tookie lack the decency not to come in to shit in a RIP thread. Really good look y'all.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    It's pretty sad to see that you politicos and opponents of Tookie lack the decency not to come in to shit in a RIP thread. Really good look y'all.

True
    sorry

• ^^^ UGH.

RIP Tookie

edited for redundancy

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    heh

• once again. Anyone can get nominated... Its not an exclusive club by any means.

uh, that's what i said about bush and blair before i edited it out.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    killing nobel peace prize nominees.

After a long discussion with my girlfriend lastnight, I've decided that I'm against the death penaty. I was on the fence before. But, that said... Tookie no matter what, deserved to spend the rest of his life in jail. The fact that people would nominate him for a nobel peace prize is

Anyone ever read about how he mocked the gurgling sounds of one of the dying victims? Or how he said to the prosecution team "I'll get every one of you mutha fuckers". Did he ever apologize to the famlies of these victims?

His death should not be celebrated, nor should his life be distinguished. I don't care what he did following up to his death.

I've read all that and I've read all the stuff about Williams saying he didn't do it. I don't know what the truth was but the execution was wrong. And if Kissinger got a Nobel nomination for killing tens of thousands then Williams should at least have got clemency.

Tookie & Henry Kissinger - two men who participated in genocide. What kind of a farce is the nobel prize?

how did tookie participate in Genocide?

GENOCIDE: The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group

He founded an organization that has destroyed the lives of tens of thousands of black people.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

how did tookie participate in Genocide?

GENOCIDE: The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group

He founded an organization that has destroyed the lives of tens of thousands of black people.
    so he didnt actually participate in Genocide.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    This is all cool but I feel aspirin on

the decency not to come in to shit in a RIP thread

check this thread`s first post

If anything I can respect an RIP sentiment, hope this thread might respect a moment of silence

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

He's dead?
    Arnold decided to kill him?
    WTF!

Didn't they go to the same gym, briefly?

They actually DID meet at a gym once.

• He's dead?
    Arnold decided to kill him?
    WTF!

Didn't they go to the same gym, briefly?

They actually DID meet at a gym once.

that is the most surreal thing in this whole ordeal. in 1976, schwarzennegger encountered tookie at venice beach and complimented him on his physique. who woulda guessed that decades later the meathead from pumping iron would decide his fate?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Ts*g*,

no offense, but making an RIP Tookie thread was like just asking for a 6 page post on politics. That being said, in the past, I had some kind words for Yasser Arafat while he was on his death bed and that thread turned into throwing insults at another nobel peace prize winner.

I don't know if we should be wishing the founder of one of the most notorious street gangs in American history to have a peaceful afterlife exactly. I am not for his murder but I am not for sympathy of this man either.

On another point NPR ran a story a few days ago about how one gets nominated for a nobel peace prize apparently it is incredibly easy, if a college professor sends a letter of recomendation to the board you are a nominee. BTW If there are any professors on this board that can write a recommendation for me I'd be mighty grateful, I'd love to be able to tell people that I was once nominated for the nobel peace prize.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I could see your argument if there wasn't already a 6 page Tookie thread where people can wax political about it. Let's try again.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I could see your argument if there wasn't already a 6 page Tookie thread where people can wax political about it. Let's try again.

youre right but come on, we some argumenitive fucks up on this board. we'll debate NBA uniforms for 6 pages.

sidenote: I got a phone call earlier today and the potential law wheels are in motion, I'ma hit you up later on this evening

• I could see your argument if there wasn't already a 6 page Tookie thread where people can wax political about it. Let's try again.

T I feel you but the bottom line is very few people on this board or elsewhere want to wish this dude RIP.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    youre right but come on, we some argumenitive fucks up on this board. we'll debate NBA uniforms for 6 pages.

HEY!

• Now that Tookie is dead, are we safe from gangs? Good thing Jesus was killed because that damn gang of Christians has gone out of control. Who else can we kill to have peace at heart. You fucks who say Tookie did these crimes are ignoring the fact that LAPD is fucked and maybe Tookie didn't do it. As far as anybody knows, it's about a 50-50 chance. You are naive if you think with a hundred % of conviction that he did. I love the fact that we live in a Christian based society that preaches forgiveness but are so quick to kill.

People act like Tookie invented gangs in LA. Sorry y'all. The crips were started as a defense against gangs. Latinos in LA have had gangs for decades, but lets not start a witch hunt.

I think he may have done it but I'm still bummed he's dead. All you fuck wits that say, "Why do you care about Tookie and not other "innocent" death penalty victims. Fuck that. Don't put words in my mouth. You have no idea what i think and fuck you. We were talking about tookie. End the death penalty.

I am ashamed to be an American, but fuck off if you think I'm leaving. I'm going to be a thorn in the thumb of all these blind fools that make this country so embarrassing.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I heard that according to a lot of OG crips, tookie didn't have shit to do with starting the Crips. He was brought into the crips and became a killer, but didn't have anything to do with creating it. There are old LAPD cops saying the same thing as well.

Anyways, this Tookie thing has people split in half. As I get older I start to think that the death penalty is pretty barbaric. Then I think that if somebody raped and killed my wife, I would want that fucker DEAD.

So yeah. I dunno. Did he brutally kill 4 innocent people? probably. Did he start the crips? maybe not. Are the family of the people he allegedly killed justified in wanting him dead? I guess so. Should he have been executed? Thats the question, huh?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    for the first time in my life i think i've found an issue i have absolutely no opinion on......go figure

wait a minute !!!! is that the book ??

why would he ....???

i feel a racial post brewing

• I heard that according to a lot of OG crips, tookie didn't have shit to do with starting the Crips. He was brought into the crips and became a killer, but didn't have anything to do with creating it. There are old LAPD cops saying the same thing as well.

This is real talk. The founders of the crips were Raymond Washington and Godfather Jimel Barnes. Tookie was mentored by OG Barnes after Washington was killed at 26.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I heard that according to a lot of OG crips, tookie didn't have shit to do with starting the Crips. He was brought into the crips and became a killer, but didn't have anything to do with creating it. There are old LAPD cops saying the same thing as well.

This is real talk. The founders of the crips were Raymond Washington and Godfather Jimel Barnes. Tookie was mentored by OG Barnes after Washington was killed at 26.

mentioning Washington's death brings up another point thats been in the back of my mind for a bit. Did anyone think that may have been a strong chance Tookie would have been dead years ago had he remained a free man. Being an OG Crip in the late 70's - early 80's wasn't exactly a key to longevity

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

mentioning Washington's death brings up another point thats been in the back of my mind for a bit. Did anyone think that may have been a strong chance Tookie would have been dead years ago had he remained a free man. Being an OG Crip in the late 70's - early 80's wasn't exactly a key to longevity

• As much as I dislike Ahnold, "tookie" does not deserve to rest in peace.

The people he murdered deserve to rest in peace.

He showed no remorse for the crimes he commited and because he wrote a childrens book his life should have been spared? whoopdy fuckin doo. He was nominated for a noble prize? gee whiz!

"According to Nobel Prize nominating rules, any "professor of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology" and any judge or national legislator in any country, among others, can nominate anyone for a Nobel Peace Prize. Past nominees include Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Benito Mussolini and Fidel Castro. Any "professor of literature [or] of linguistics," among others, can nominate anyone for a Nobel Prize in literature."

A talk show host on 640 KFI (Bill Handel) got himself nominated the other day to show how easy it is.

40k a year to house an inmate on death row. I can't believe tax payers want to pay to keep murderders alive. Dude should have been offed 24 years ago.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

"According to Nobel Prize nominating rules, any "professor of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology" and any judge or national legislator in any country, among others, can nominate anyone for a Nobel Peace Prize. Past nominees include Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Benito Mussolini and Fidel Castro. Any "professor of literature [or] of linguistics," among others, can nominate anyone for a Nobel Prize in literature."

A talk show host on 640 KFI (Bill Handel) got himself nominated the other day to show how easy it is.

Fucking Hitler can get nominated but I can't? dammit someone please help get Guzzo nominated for the Nobel peace prize

I"M SO SURRRRRIOUS WITH THIS!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

This post is really not a good look... even for you.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

This post is really not a good look... even for you.

I'm just saying though, Tookie by his own admission was a pretty hardcroe gangster. Playing in the streets with guns is a dangerous game.

If any positive came out this it was that Tookie was given the time for introspection and condemnation of his former lifestyle. It's not so easy to imagine tookies life heading down the path of so many other dead OG's who faced a bullet in their prime rather than a Lethal Injection later in life

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Now that Tookie is dead, are we safe from gangs? Good thing Jesus was killed because that damn gang of Christians has gone out of control.

Full points for comparing the crips with christians! Seriously, it's an apt analogy for some of the god-squaders I've met in Fredericton.

once you've reached O.G staus the chances of surviving become much greater....there is a retirement plan for thugs contrary to the "dead or in jail" myth.....getting past B.G status is the almost impossible task...Tookie was basicaly 'born an O.G.' ...he was allegedly robbing whites/asains when he got cracked

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Now that Tookie is dead, are we safe from gangs? Good thing Jesus was killed because that damn gang of Christians has gone out of control.

Full points for comparing the crips with christians! Seriously, it's an apt analogy for some of the god-squaders I've met in Fredericton.

You've met Christians that sell drugs, do drive-bys and pimp ho's!!!
    What denomination were they???