who should i book?

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
good morning soulstrut.looking for recommendations on a (preferably) east coast or touring, hip-hop act for spring 2006 (March/April). looking for a headliner, and can also be fairly underground...under consideration...Rob SwiftLarge ProfessorJ-Live (need contact info, please help)Masta AceGangStarr (probably out of our price range though)thanks. (wanted to get PUTS but haven't heard anything from Thes or their booking agents. and btw, Josh is out of our price range.)

Comments

• J Live

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    J Live
    (need contact info, please help)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Masta Ace

• J-Live (need contact info, please help)

check your PM's

• Masta Ace

please feel free to add any east coast or touring acts that you think may also be good.
    thanks for everyone's input so far.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Those Non=Phixion dude, while not my cup of chai cinnomon extra creamer, can prolly draw in the east coast crowds. Not that i know anythign about them, how to contact the, what they charge, or even a single song title. Just my two cents.

• girgir 329 Posts
    roosevelt franklin

well, we broght Q-Unique in last year or 2 years ago maybe and he had Sabac with him. good show, but i'd like to get some other groups to keep things fresh for Richmond/VA folks.

• Little Brother

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    DJ SHADOW is out of our price range

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Those Non=Phixion dude, while not my cup of chai cinnomon extra creamer, can prolly draw in the east coast crowds. Not that i know anythign about them, how to contact the, what they charge, or even a single song title. Just my two cents.

Call Fat Beats in Manhattan.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Those Non=Phixion dude, while not my cup of chai cinnomon extra creamer, can prolly draw in the east coast violent cokehead fratguy crowds. Not that i know anythign about them, how to contact the, what they charge, or even a single song title. Just my two cents.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I can probably put you in contact with J Live. J Live would be the one to go with. He puts on a good live show. Or go with Unspoken Heard. you can probably book them through seven Heads. Asheru live is dope. Crown City puts on a nice show as well. I can probably hook you up with them too if you're interested.

• Maybe Rob Swift and Supernatural.

• girgir 329 Posts
    hat about sixtoo or dj signify? i hear both of them put on pretty crazy live shows.

• count bass d

btw,

j-live used to do, and probably still does, a great live show. we brought him to Nashville back in college in '96 or so and it was amazing.

djing plus rapping =

• Ha I just played before J-Live on Sunday night.

About 400 in attendance down here in Sydney. It was wicked & his dj Flo Fader is also on point. He did his rap & dj thing at the same time. Was a good night.
    Good people as well. Absolutely no dramas to deal with.

A solid recommendation.

Toilets got bombed & we've now been barred from another venue...

• girgir 329 Posts
    count bass d

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    by far the most retarded thing that goes on in "underground hip hop communities." my homie got his fucking car tagged up randomly. shits retarded and then when dudes get banned from places, they bitch and complain when they only have themselves to blame.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Blaze,
    signs in the loo are
    I hosted a little youth-focussed hip-hop event up in the Mountains mid-year and I was worried that the toilets would get bombed. So I made up these little sings and pasted them all around the toilets with the basic message being if you bomb the toilets, we won't be able to put shit like this on for you again, so don't!

Not a single tag anywhere.