That's My Mama.

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I just copped this. I didnt think this show had a cult following to even put it on dvd. It may be due to the popularity of the Barbershop. Ted Lange is SuperBlack on this show.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    One of my favorite shows of all time, no doubt. I always did that Junior (Ted Lange) thing when I would walk in the room... "Ooooooooooooo, weeeeeeeeeeeee." My big sister hated that shit.

Did anyone ever notice Ted Lange in Wattstax?

• oh i thought you meant "that's my mama in there, gilbert"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

NO DOUBT. and Fred Berry as well.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I used to love that show as a kid...did it even run more than one season?
    I may need to pick it up.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I just copped this. I didnt think this show had a cult following to even put it on dvd. It may be due to the popularity of the Barbershop.

Ted Lange is SuperBlack on this show.

Ted Lange looks like a constipated Michael

• You might know him as Joe the Policeman from the "What's Going Down?" episode of That's My Mama...Mr. Randy...Watson...[/b]

...did it even run more than one season?

Yes ... 2 seasons. Which is when I watched it as a kid.

The pilot has a couple of different characters. They didnt figure out the cast until the 5 or 6 episode. It's interesting to see the tweeking/polishing.

Plus I like the fact that its based in D.C. Are there any other "Black" shows that use DC as the backdrop?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

oh i thought you meant "that's my mama in there, gilbert"

SAY "WHERES ARNEY!"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

The pilot has a couple of different characters. They didnt figure out the cast until the 5 or 6 episode. It's interesting to see the tweeking/polishing.

Plus I like the fact that its based in D.C. Are there any other "Black" shows that use DC as the backdrop?

Wasn't 227 in DC?

Does anyone remember the episode where Junior was sneaking in the house late night and Cliff shot him? Or maybe it was Cliff's brother, and it was dark. It was the "anti gun" episode.

I'm not making this up. That shit scared the shit out of me.

Wasn't 227 in DC?

Does anyone remember the episode where Junior was sneaking in the house late night and Cliff shot him? Or maybe it was Cliff's brother, and it was dark. It was the "anti gun" episode.

I just saw it. It was a neighborhood burgular. "Dont keep no gun in this house!!!"

I dont know about 227?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Wasn't 227 in DC?

I just saw it. It was a neighborhood burgular. "Dont keep no gun in this house!!!"

I dont know about 227?

That shit scared the shit out of me.

But yeah, 227 was set in DC.

• oh i thought you meant "that's my mama in there, gilbert"

SAY "WHERES ARNEY!"

"SAY IT!"

I'm not a big fan of 227. But I grew up on Marla Gibbs, so I peeped it here and there. And to catch Jackee.

Now If they can put Frank's Place on DVD.

Wasn't 227 in DC?

I dont know about 227?

That shit scared the shit out of me.

But yeah, 227 was set in DC.

ROC was set in B-More...loved that show in the beginning

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I thought this thread was about that skit on Mad TV that Artie used to do when he was on.

I thought this thread was about that skit on Mad TV that Artie used to do when he was on.

"DON'T MAKE ME BREAK MY FOOT OFF UP IN YO' ASS!"

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Now this is on DVD! I used to love this show. Funny schitt.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    You might know him as Joe the Policeman from the "What's Going Down?" episode of That's My Mama...Mr. Randy...Watson...[/b]

exactly what came to my mind as well...

and day that's a hilarious observation...but, miiichael.

• Did anyone ever notice Ted Lange in Wattstax?

Where was Fred Berry in Wattstax?

I do remember in the restaurant scenes w/Lange, he was sitting at the table with the guy who played Aunt Esther's husband on Sanford & Son and "Ned The Wino" on Good Times.

Where was Fred Berry in Wattstax?

Check for the fat dude dancing w/ the poppers. He stops his dance move then freaks some ole slow motion move. 8 seconds of