Richard Pryor dead at 65

2»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    R.I.P. to THE[/b] greatest

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Richard Pryor: I went to penitentiary one time, not me personally, but me and Gene went there for a movie. "Arizona State Penitentiary" Population: 90 percent black people. But there are no black people in Arizona, they have to bus motherfuckers in!

Richard Pryor: When that fire hit your ass, it will sober your ass up *quick*! I saw something, I went, "Well, that's a pretty blue. You know what? That looks like *fire*!" Fire is inspirational. They should use it in the Olympics, because I ran the 100 in 4.3.

Richard Pryor: When I was in Africa, this voice came to me and said, "Richard, what do you see?" I said, I see all types of people." The voice said, "But do you see any niggers?" I said, "No." It said, "Do you know why? 'Cause there aren't any."

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Milestones

* 1956 As a teen, impregnated his girlfriend (who gave birth to his first daughter); subsequently learned that his father had also been having sex with her (date approximate)

* 1958 In West Germany with airborne division of US Army; discharged for slashing another soldier with a switchblade

* 1977 Suffered his first heart attack while dallying with a prostitute

These are milestones? Please to keep this obituary writer from summarising my life.

• r.i.p. funny man....

• one of my heroes.THE funniest motherfucker that ever lived.ive been watching the Live in Long Beach video almost everyday for the past few weeks, so the news was even sadder.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Rest In Peace.
    damn,the best that ever did it.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yes, by far one of my favorite comedians. I remember going to see his concert films in theaters as well as his regular comedy movies. And probably like a lot of people my friends had his comedy records as well that we use to listen to. My friend in elementary school memorized almost an entire side. And as someone already brought up, that word association sketch with Chevy Chase on Saturday Night Live was a classic for commercial TV. What a loss.

• wow..not what I wanted to see after coming home tonight. Sad news for sure. One of the greatest to do it.

• rip

• He was the best ..

• On Sirius this morning, Dave Marsh played the title track from 'Bicentennial Nigger'.

Dude was

Sad day indeed.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• i just completed my pryor lp collection like 2 months ago too. damn

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I was watching Wattstax the other day, laughing hawd during those Pryor segments. He was just a natural comedic talent. He had his down periods, when you could see and/or hear that he was strung out, but when he was on top, he could do no wrong. An originator has left us. Time to pull out those albums again.

R.I.P.

Cot damn, that's an ugly-ass Mack poster!

• Rest in peace

• had to play "the Exorcist" from That Nigger's Crazy a few times last night...

R.I.P.

• He got paid a million more than reeves for the superman flick.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Richard Pryor was more than my idol...

when wifey called to tell me he died...i went blank (no.. i didn't cry batches !)

i never met the man...but his albums changed my entire perspective on life...

i started sneaking records from family members around 9 years old and when i stole "is it something i said" from my aunts collection it was game over for me..

i memorized that shit word for word...laugh for laugh (i was an only child,just me and moms so i had a lot of free time on my hands)..i would perform the routines in my mirror,for my friends at school....whenever i had drama i would listen to Richard to make me feel better...

can you imagine a kid asking for Richard Pryor 'Here and Now' for christmas ?

Pryor was blessed with the ability to take his misery and turn it into laughter ..that shit is heavy to me

he took the experiences of black family life and shared them with the world in a comedic way like no other...he helped build a bridge between the races through comedy
    when he had personal issues he shared them honestly on stage...Martin,Eddie and others lied or never discussed their issues...he made us feel like we KNEW him...nothing was off limits...drugs,trouble with the law,abuse,interracial relationships,ghetto life,a miserable childhood....we all could relate to the things he shared and laugh about things that would make most of us cry...powerful shit

when he got sick i refused to watch him on TV..i couldn't handle seeing him like that....

every comedian after him took a part of his act and made it their own...but nobody will ever fuck with Richard Pryor

Rest in Heaven ...to the greatest entertainer of all time

• Great post, Ed.

I have very fond memories of sneaking my dad's 8-track of "That Nigger's Crazy" that he kept hidden in his closet and listening to it over and over (yes, I said "8-track").

A few years later, when I was probably 11, the kid across the street copped a Pryor cassette and we'd listen to it in his backyard with a Y-splitter on his Walkman. My point is that Pryor was really, really out there in a way completely unlike anyone before or since. If you were a kid listening to him and you got caught, it was your ass.

Rest in Peace to the illest, rawest, funniest and game-changin'-est.