Do any rare groove DJs actually dance?

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Seriously, I think I've turned up more copies of SALT than I've seen rare groove djs gettin' down out on the floor. Why is this? Give it up or turn it loose!

Comments

• DAMN!!!!!! Here it goes.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Give it up or turn it a[/b] loose!

Ayo DJ's dance with they headz! headphone-hand-swap stylee!!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Been done! Who's ready to take it to the

• Like MC EIHT said "I don't Dance"!!!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Leave me alone. I pay to DANCE[/b] here.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    no, their feet are sore from crouching all day looking through bins.

• no, their feet are sore from crouching all day looking through bins.
    Yeah crouching all day will def make you think twice about slippin on them dancin shoes.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Like Too Short said, "I don't dress hiphop or dance all wild"

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Gangsters don't dance - we boogie. Thas wasup. Byitch. Best beleive I'm nice with mine. No joke.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Keb Darge dances his ass off. Bobbito dances. This thread is pointless.

• I dance (not well).

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Like Too Short said, "I don't dress hiphop or dance all wild"

I think they were asking about rare groove djs. So does all that Rawkus deadstock gold qualify as rare groove?

• define dance. like this?

• Im so bad at dancing that i DJ so i dont have to.

i guess thats quite common to most djs biographies, so dont hate yourself for that

WEAK.

I have a special grudge against DJs that don't dance. Best believe I'm gonna be out on the floor after two beers. Providing there's at least one girl out there of course. What's the fucking point otherwise? RECORD COLLECTING IN EL CLURB? Take that shit to chin-strokers.com son

Keb Darge dances his ass off.

Cosign. Even in Charlotte NC at a back-to-the-shack afterparty. But then didn't he win like Best Disco Dancer of 1978 or something?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

I have a special grudge against DJs that don't dance. Best believe I'm gonna be out on the floor after two beers. Providing there's at least one girl out there of course. What's the fucking point otherwise? RECORD COLLECTING IN EL CLURB? Take that shit to chin-strokers.com son

I spoke to Jason Palma (from Toronto's Movement Collective) about this once - he held the same belief and when I countered w/ Gilles, his retort was he didn't trust Peterson unequivocally either owing to that...

What about beatmakers that don't dance - could it explain why some beats turn out to be some valium-like plodding/droning snoozers - w/ a healthy dose of dirge-like military march precision drum patterns?

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    This thread is pointless.

Yeah Urrrs, I just checked your post history. The topics you start are like totally dude.

I thought it was a little bit interesting that so few DJs (I've ever seen) ever want to cut it up. Dispite having deep wax and an ear to pick up on songs that can get everybody ELSE goin. Someone needs to put on a clinic for these fellows. A weekend retreat in the mountains or somethin'.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I bet you 100% i could take Keb Darge in dancing.

• Keb Darge dances his ass off.

prove it or you're soft

prove it or you're soft

don't make me bring out my glowsticks.

• Keb Darge dances his ass off.

prove it or you're soft

ninja plaese

prove it or you're soft

ninja plaese

fake ninja!

• ninja plaese

fake ninja!
    this guy is the real deal.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I bet you 100% i could take Keb Darge dancing.
    prove it or you're soft

- spidey

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I caught JP doing the Chicken Strut (neck only version). Does that count?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This thread is pointless.

Yeah Urrrs, I just checked your post history. The topics you start are like totally dude.

HA!

lil dudez know the deal???

• just came back from rocking at the club and when I wasn't on the wheels then I was on the dancefloor. Do that on the regular. I'm not expert but I love music and I try'n get busy to it. I've even been known to throw on a record and jump on the floor with a young lady and then jump back on time to catch the next blend...sometimes I'm nice like that...ha!

• Hell yeah I fuckin' dance!!!

I once jumped onto the floor in the middle of It's Just Begun or some shit, and busted a move. I like to get involved with the crowd. Usually anyway. one night a guy caught a beatdown because i was in a bad mood. There's more to it, but maybe I should get back on Prozac.

I might look ridiculous, but you gotta be able to get down to be able to get people to get down. it helps anyway.

What is rare groove? What does rare mean?

• Hell yeah I fuckin' dance!!!

I once jumped onto the floor in the middle of It's Just Begun or some shit, and busted a move. I like to get involved with the crowd. Usually anyway. one night a guy caught a beatdown because i was in a bad mood. There's more to it, but maybe I should get back on Prozac.

I might look ridiculous, but you gotta be able to get down to be able to get people to get down. it helps anyway.

What is rare groove? What does rare mean?

As a DJ I really like to dance. But I must admit not much on rare groove music.

I really get wild on drum&bass or very good house music or even techno/mash up a la 2 Many DJs..