Actors/Actress that Rep'd Records in a movie?

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Actors/Actress that Rep'd Records(Talked about them like they collect or somthing), in a movie? Name the Actor/Actress and MovieNick Cage- The RockWho else was there, Steve Bushemi, Dude in High Feidelity... Lots more I know I just can't remembra....

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

clockwork orange?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Actors/Actress that Rep'd Records(Talked about them like they collect or somthing), in a movie?

Name the Actor/Actress and Movie

Nick Cage- The Rock

Who else was there, Steve Bushemi, Dude in High Feidelity... Lots more I know I just can't remembra....

RADD YOU ON THE ROLL TODAY L OOPS I MEANT IRONFEET OOPS NO I MEAN MANGO

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Wesley Snipes/Denzel Washington in MO BETTER BLUES.

"That muthafucka better not had put some scratches on this!!!"

Raer out print Bird.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    tom waits - down by law
    jeffery wright - broken flowers
    malcolm mcdowell - if...
    actress who played older sister - almost famous
    emilio estevez - repo man
    can't remember her name right now - rock n roll high school
    thora birch - ghostworld
    the gangster who loved PE - ghostdog

DINER

"EVERY ONE OF MY RECORDS MEANS SOMETHING TO ME!!!!"

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Jon Lovitz - High School High

"It's a rare, one of a kind original pressing"

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Ooh, almost forgot... how about when Parker Posey categorizes dudes records by the Dewey Decimal system in Party Girl

• Goldie Hawn works at a record store in "Cactus Flower." While looking for the pic below I stumbled into the Amazon review of the movie. Check out this graf:

The trappings of "Cactus Flower" are a bit dated now -- the dancing, the store of vinyl records, the clothing, the hippie putting flowers on people's windshields. Fortunately, the script has aged pretty well if you know what "square" means. The cluelessness of Hawn's character starts to grate on the nerves (surely NO ONE can be this dim), but it has some funny dialogue.

• WORD MARCO, but The orginal Mango gave me his account my name is Jim Jenkins....

But how about Zebra Head with Mike Rappaport dudes pops owned a record shop in the movie. Now that's Half Time!

in Masculin Feminin - la jeune femme works at a record store and cuts a French pop side.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Jon Lovitz - High School High

"It's a rare, one of a kind original pressing"

Empire Records...

"You know, this is something you gotta invest in when you're young cos a record is like life. It goes around, and around."

• Can it be that I saw Miles' Tutu come by in "The Talented Mister Ripley?" Jude Law is collecting jazz records in that movie, right? Set in 1958 and the art direction did a good job recreating shops from that time with the booths and all. Nice OG pressings were used as props. The Tutu record must be some in-joke. Or maybe I didn't see it right.

• Annie Potts in "Pretty in Pink"

• the scene in Virgin Suicides, where they play records over the phone.

not a movie, but remember when jazzy jeff started scratching up uncle phil's classical record? that was awesome!

or when Homer's record with the B Sharps gets unearthed..

Sea of Love with the 45..

Can it be that I saw Miles' Tutu come by in "The Talented Mister Ripley?" Jude Law is collecting jazz records in that movie, right? Set in 1958 and the art direction did a good job recreating shops from that time with the booths and all. Nice OG pressings were used as props. The Tutu record must be some in-joke. Or maybe I didn't see it right.

you saw right - it's in there

• Omar Epps in Juice when he hollers to the girl behind the register so Steel can jack some records with the old records in the newspaper trick, then Steel holds up the Ubiquity Starbooty lp and hes like man, get rid of that shit

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    in Masculin Feminin - la jeune femme works at a record store and cuts a French pop side.

I'm pretty sure in the Truffaut short Antoinne and Collette, Antoine Doinel works as a record presser, and it has a long sequence showing how a record is cut & pressed...and Collette works at a record shop...

• Goldie Hawn works at a record store in "Cactus Flower." While looking for the pic below I stumbled into the Amazon review of the movie. Check out this graf:

The trappings of "Cactus Flower" are a bit dated now -- the dancing, the store of vinyl records, the clothing, the hippie putting flowers on people's windshields. Fortunately, the script has aged pretty well if you know what "square" means. The cluelessness of Hawn's character starts to grate on the nerves (surely NO ONE can be this dim), but it has some funny dialogue.

That's hilarious. I love those early Goldy Hawn films, Butterflies are free, There's a Girl in my soup, Cactus flower.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Steve Buscemi in "Ghost World"
    James Earl Jones in "Meteor Man"
    John Cusack in "High Fidelity
    There is some collecting going on in "American Splender"

• clockwork orange?

There was a copy of the 2001 soundtrack in that bin I remember.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    ethan hawke and julie delphy in vienna listening to records at a shop's listening station = before sunrise

kyoooooote.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

clockwork orange?

There was a copy of the 2001 soundtrack in that bin I remember.

i dunno, i think that all that hommie's repping in that shot is the possibility of getting ass in a major way. it's like getting your out of shape ass on a treadmill just so you can holler at the girl on the next one over.

dude's too busy spittin game to be able to cop raers.

I dunno how you left out your avatar:

since it features:

word to

she gots vinyl and mad LA artbatch steelo in that pelicula!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

I dunno how you left out your avatar:

since it features:

hahaha

24 Hour Party People
    Rockers

• i watched this recently the other night at 3 in the morning on either univision, galavision, telemundo or azteca... i can't remember which spanish cable station it was on... it was definitely dubbed horribly in spanish.. i never watched empire records... was it supposed to be an updated version of this?

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Pam Grier in Jackie Brown :
    MAX : You never got into the whole CD revolution?

JACKIE : I got a few. But I can't afford to start all over again. I got
    too much time and money invested in my records.

MAX.Yeah, but you can't get new stuff on records.

JACKIE I don't buy new stuff that often.

I always thought it should be the intro to my next mixtape, only problem is I don't really want to play the Delfonics on my tape !

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    not a movie, but remember when jazzy jeff started scratching up uncle phil's classical record? that was awesome!

- spidey

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

- spidey
    they did a skit of this with scorsese?!damn.snl